Best Decision Ever. - Cambridge, MA

I am 51 years old, 5'9" and just over 200...

I am 51 years old, 5'9" and just over 200 lbs but losing like crazy on Weight Watchers! I went through new 42G bras every month. My back, neck and shoulders were always in pain. Thanks to my surgeon, his staff and BCBS of Massachusetts, I am now living in comfort & feel beautiful. I'll post sone early post op pictures soon!

I officially hit week four yesterday. Doing OK,...

I officially hit week four yesterday. Doing OK, but the underside incisions are staring to bother me. I can't put anything on them (Mederma, Vit E, BioOil) or they get very irritated and sore. Just going to have to fade naturally I guess! I am going to try to post more of my progress photos tonight.

Weight Watchers is going great too! I've lost 32 lbs since 2/29. Feeling like a new woman for sure!!!!

A few people asked me why the $2k Cost for the procedure.....I opted for lipo under my arms as well. I didn't want to end up with breasts with wings!!! :)

Not sure why my photos are posting upside down! ...

Not sure why my photos are posting upside down! Sorry!!! :-)

I've added some Week 4 photos to my album. The...

I've added some Week 4 photos to my album. The irritation from the oils is almost all gone now and the girls are starting to soften up and fill out, although not at the same time! The left breast seems to be ahead of the right! :/ A small unpleasant and painful bruise on the left nipple is also starting to fade.

I don't even want to post my week 5 photos. I am...

I don't even want to post my week 5 photos. I am so discouraged. My right breast looks like a deflating balloon. The left is fine. Sigh. I'm lopsided.

Feeling so much better today and almost pain free. :)

Feeling so much better today and almost pain free. :)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Glad to hear that you are doing so wonderfully and loving your results!
Hi Ladies! Well, it's been six months since my surgery and I've never been happier! My scars are barely visible and the 'girls' are naturally soft again. I do experience pangs of pain now and again, but it passes as quickly as it comes on. And, from time to time I'll get a little pimple-looking hematoma on the suture line that will rupture and disappear pretty quickly. My only regret is that I didn't have this done 20 years ago! Take care!!

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Are you back to all of your normal activities?
Not quite yet. I see the doctor early this week and am hoping he gives me clearance to start really working out. Other than that, I am pretty much back to my full routine. My right breast is just starting to 'fluff' :) I've also started wearing silicone sheets on my scars and honestly, they already feel softer and less tight!

I have one little ridge of scar tissue on my left nipple that stands out more than any of the other ones. Maybe I will have to try the silicone sheet. Where did you get yours?
Walgreens.

Thanks!
I went home the day after my surgery and slept for three days! With all that anesthesia, pain meds and nausea - I wasn't able to stay awake for more than a few hours and was in no position to make any decisions. To answer your question, you are going to be very, very tired.
Hi, I had a quick question, 1-2 days after the surgery - did you feel? were you able to walk around the house? I have an impo meeting 2 days after my surgery that I cant miss, I will be driven to and from there..do you think it would be possible?

I really don't see anything that is overly concerning. The swelling does go down at different rates and the breasts will take on some odd formations as you go through the healing process. I hope that as the next couple of months pass that they settle into a shape that you are happy with.
Thank you. You are right. I am just overly sensitive about it lately...not sure why. It's a big adjustment!

Have you talked to your surgeon to see what your options are once you are completely healed?
I'll see him next week. I know it's really too early to get discouraged. I'll post the 5 weeks photo and see what people think.

You look great! Isn't it amazing how they heal at different rates? I thought my doc was crazy when he said they would end up the same when they looked so different...but he was right! Glad you are doing well!

Congrats on the weight loss, Miss W! That is awesome! I hope the incisions don't continue to bother you too much longer. Are you putting gauze or anything between your skin and your bra. That might help stop some of the irritation.

Keep us updated! You look like you are doing wonderfully.When is your next follow up?
Hi! Yes, I am still putting on the soft gauze and it does help alot. I am also using nursing pads....best things ever!!! My next follow up is scheduled for 4/24. I am hoping he tells me that I am healed enough to start at the gym!
Hi Miss W, thanks for your posts, I was wondering about your comment about the lipo, as in, did you have to pay for the lipo "out of pocket" where as the reduction was covered by insurance? I only ask because at my consult my dr said he would be using a little lipo under my arms, but of course did not mention at the time how/if it would be covered.
Thanks
Hi. Yes. Insurance didn't cover that as it was considered cosmetic. You should definitely ask!

My surgeon was very up front with me during my consult and didn't pressure me in to the decision. He was honest about the expected results either with or without liposuction. I have no regrets! My new breasts fit beautifully in to my new bras with no spillage!!!
You look wonderful! When was your surgery? Are you putting anything on your scars?
Thank you! My surgery was on March 15th. I am using BioOil on the nipples and vertical scar. I really can't put anything on the underside without it becoming irritated. I'll try again after a few more weeks of healing.

ScarGuard seems to cause me irritation and pain as well. I should mention that I have very sensitive skin so that might be the issue.

Welcome! I'm glad you are so thrilled. Isn't the difference amazing? What size are you now?

The difference in the two pictures with the same shirt is awesome!
I went from a 42G to 38D. :) I still have a bit of tightness and swelling but I think I'll probably stay a D. That's exactly where I wanted to be!!

That is great! You have to feel so much better! Congrats :-)
I have more sensation than I did to begin with! My nipples are totally original - they've just been moved up a few inches. I don't miss my large breasts at all. I grieved for them a few short moments in the beginning though. I love how I look and feel. No regrets!
Why would you need a graft?! That sounds horrific. I hope you got a second opinion!!!!
Hi There! Thankyou for posting! I will be getting a reduction, BUT I am freaking out about the nipples! 1 doctor told me he would have to do a graft from my labia and I would have zero sensation! It sounded SO catastrophic. What did your doctor do with your nipples - same thing or used your own aerolas? Also do you have any sensation in your nipple area! Another question - which might sound dumb - do you miss your girls? Does that make sense? I have had massive breasts since I was 14 (so 33 years) and it's kind of who I am (how I'm described etc.) I wonder how I would feel with medium sized breasts? Thankyou in advance!