IPL - Brown Spots Came Back & Skin Lost Full/youthful Look - Camarillo, CA

My brown spots from sunbathing were either gone or...

My brown spots from sunbathing were either gone or lightened after healing from the 2nd IPL treatment and I was very satisfied with the results. But after 1 year,the brown spots have returned despite using the doctor recommended sunscreens and extremely limited sun exposure.

Additionally I noticed several months ago that my face had also lost some of its fullness and youthfulness, especially high up on my cheekbones. I can honestly say that there are no long term pros to IPL despite what the medical professionals claim.

The cons are plentiful: expensive, painful even with the numbing cream (used it both times), ugly during recovery (allow 1 week and make-up will NOT cover the ugliness up!) and discoloration returns long term.

Ventura Dermatologist

Dr. K has an arrogance about him and is not grateful for your business. I could tolerate his arrogant behavior IF the results were better than other physicians', but that was not the case. No privacy or discreteness in this office! Side note: his botox injections wore-off in 2-3 weeks and caused bruising at 1 of the 2 sites. I will not ever visit Dr. K again. Ever.

Hi Christian Chloe,

Welcome to the IPL community. So glad to see you wrote a review. This will be very useful to the community. Did you go back and ask your doctor why it didn't work? I have heard sometime people need more than one procedure. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt