Unhappy After Muscle Hemming Lip Lift and Lower V Y - California, CA

My life will never be the same. I am left with...

My life will never be the same. I am left with chronic stiffness, numbness, asymmetric smile and difficulty pronouncing certain letters. The numbness is very embarrassing since I never know if my nose is running. My nostrils used to be cute and round, not they are pulled and elongated. This muscle hemming lip lift is a very invasive procedure. I also had a lower vy and the center of my bottom lip is numb and the lip is pulled to one side. I recently saw another plastic surgeon for a revision and they were so upset at my outcome., that they asked me if I went to a plastic surgeon and when I said yes, they asked me if he was in the US. He was shocked when I answered yes to both questions. Please be careful.

I am so sorry! I have bad scars around my areoles from my breast implants. The scare of scaring is what's been making me put off a lip lift for so long. I was thinking of going to Dr Haworth who performs the lip hemming. Please fill me in on who you went to?? Both lostbeauty and totalsadness. Please!!! I don't know what I would do. I've read about the frixal treatment I believe Dr Haworth offers after his lip lifts to help with scarring. Have you tried anything?
Total Sadness, It looks like there are too many of us out there who have devastating complications from this muscle hemming lip lift. One of the surgeons that I saw in Beverly Hills after I had my procedure showed me a picture of a women who was quite beautiful before who now looks like she had a stroke. She had the muscle lip lift and some sort of a lower VY. This surgeon hopes to write an article about the complications of this type of lift. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you. Just know that there are many people on this site who are here to support you and of course those of us who have had the same procedure understand what you are going through.
Hi Total sadness. I was left with significant scarring from the same kind of lip lift, plus a bad fat grafting result. I wonder when you had your procedure? I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
Unoq, I am so sorry that you are suffering from this procedure too.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf. I hope you're able to find support from folks in the lip lift community.