Tt 30 Day Post Op Anxiety - Hips and Thighs Look Huge

I had a full tummy tuck a month ago. About 2 weeks...

I had a full tummy tuck a month ago. About 2 weeks into recovery, my mid hip area and thighs began to swell. They have remained this way. My hips and thighs look outrageously huge;pants that fell off me pre-op are now tight.

I am so dissappointed and sad- I wanted the tummy tuck for 10 years and finally I was able to do it. I was less than happy with the belly button construction, but never complained and was willing to just get used to it because I thought the end result (no 'pooch' belly!)would be worth it. However, now this "spread" of my lower body has me anxious.

Pros: I love how small my waist looks, how almost flat my tummy is (no lumps, bumps)I can't wait till the puffy part is over! Scar is healing nicely.

Cons: Uncomfortable. Trying to get into a comfy position is awful. Was left uneasy that the one drain didn't really drain,and the area from which it was supposed to suction, I could feel it pull, causing wave like movements, yet no fluid secreted.That side never lightened in color of the little that did drain. This area is where I have had consistent pressure type pain, and at times- still- I get the wave motion which is uncomfortable. If garment isn't on I feel like my stomache is going to fall right out of me.

I need to know if the hips/thigh swelling is normal and if so, how long will it last, and is there anything I can do to reduce it?

Unsure yet whether to recommend.