Long Term Solution - San Jose, CA

I just finished my 2nd miraDry treatment! I have...

I just finished my 2nd miraDry treatment! I have done Botox injections for 5 years or so to stop the sweating under my arms. I was ready for something a little more long term. I heard about miraDry at my Dermatologist office. He said it was a new treatment that would provide me long term results, vs. Botox treatments that only last 3-4 months. My motivation behind seeking treatment for my hyperhydrosis stems back from Junior High. I remember being extremly embarrassed at the arm pit stains on my shirt and how embarrassed I was in all the pictures I was in where you could see the sweat marks. As I have gotten older and started seeing a Dermatologist, I began to see there are options out there to help. So far with the miraDry treatment I am very pleased!! The underarm sweating stopped almost immediately after my first treatment. I waited another 3 months before getting my second treatment. Honestly, one treatment may have been enough; however I figured I might as well get it all taken care of and go ahead with the 2nd treatment. After my first treatment I did have swelling under my arms for about a week. I took 2 Advil every 4 hours and was fine as far as pain management goes. I did not have any sweating for about a month or so and then noticed a little sweating, however NOTHING like it used to be. I was able to be in my best friend’s wedding, with no fear of sweating and ruining the dress:). I just had my 2nd treatment 3 days ago and my swelling has already decreased dramatically. I also applied cold compresses on after the first day. I would recommend this treatment for anyone who suffers from severe sweating without a doubt.

Joe Gorelick, NP

Great for general or cosmetic derm.

How awesome that this has helped you so much. Did you have any tingling or numbness that lasted a while after the treatments?