Renova Gives Subtle Results - California

I use Renova 0.05% and sometimes Tazorac 0.05%. I...

I use Renova 0.05% and sometimes Tazorac 0.05%. I have Retin-A 0.1% as well, but haven't started using it yet. I was really scared to start using Renova because I heard it can make your skin dry and really red and peely. However, when I started using Renova, my skin didn't get ugly or anything. My skin gets a little peely if I use too much, but it's not really noticeable. I just have to be careful to only use a pea sized amount. Maybe it's just because my skin is not that sensitive, I don't know.

Renova is not a miracle worker like some reviews I read made it sound, but I'll continue to use it. It's not expensive and it seems to make my skin a little softer, smoother and more glowing. I haven't noticed a difference between Renova and Tazorac, but Renova seems to be more moisturizing. I don't need to use a moisturizer when I use it.

I just started using Retin-A. Thanks for posting your experience with the different creams - that is really helpful information you shared!

Hi Violett,

No side effects is always a good thing in my book. Plus with it not being expensive and you only needing to use a tiny bit is nice, and not needing  a moisturizer is always good too.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the review,

-Britt