Will the White Marks Fade? - California

I received 2 Photofacials about 4 months ago, 2...

I received 2 Photofacials about 4 months ago, 2 weeks apart, but it was only suppose to be for a Post Inflamatory Hyperpigmentation mark that I caused on my cheek from exfoliating too hard. The mark is on my cheek and it is about the size of my pinky nail, maybe smaller. At the time I had no idea what the Photofacial laser did I was just happy to hear that this would help it fade. It did help it fade a bit. The mark actually peeled which the doctor who did it said that it wasn't going to. BUT when they did the second photofacial the lady zapped more than just that one spot. She kind of just zapped all over that side of my cheek. The PIH mark is now almost gone (I started using chemical peels to fade it and it is really working) but now I have different parts of my cheek that are more white than the rest of my face. These parts did not peel so it is not Hypopigmentation. And it is also not scars that had the pigment taken out of them. I just want to know if this Photofacial is going to fade or I don't know what to do. Should I have one to even out the whitness it caused? I'm so confused and don't want to ruin my face. I have fair skin and I just turned 18. I have no idea what I should do. My skin was flawless and this is killing me.

Hi Angel,

I know you said it wasn't Hyperpigmentation, but based on other community members that is what it sure sounds like. You might want to check with your doctor for sure. I can see how you are confused I would be too. The only think I can suggest is asking your doctor or posting a question in our doctor Q&A I would recommend posting a picture with your question. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,