Miserable - California

I had quite a bit of surgery; brow life, face...

I had quite a bit of surgery; brow life, face lift, upper lids, fat taken out of lower eyes, Mixto Laser around my mouth and under my eyes. The cost I listed is just for the laser procedure.

I'm 10 days out from surgery. Everything has healed beautifully except for the laser treatment. I had the laser areas covered in Vaseline for the first 7 days and my doctor said I could switch to Oil of Olay to keep it moisturized. It took about an hour to realize that was a mistake. I had an allergic reaction. The areas turned bright red with bumps and itched terribly. I went back to my doctor the next day and he agreed it was an allergic reaction and I could go back to Vaseline, so I did. The itching continued and I developed small pustules. The next morning I went to a dermatologist who said I had a bacterial infection and prescribed an ointment. Again the itching was terrible. I can't imagine where I got the infection because I've been so careful, washing my hands constantly and keeping the lasered area covered in Vaseline. So maybe this is just a fluke and other people haven't gone through this.

I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, but I wouldn't do this again. I feel doctors downplay the recovery period. Even without the infection, it's a hard process to go through and I'll be red/pink for months.

At this point, putting make-up on is working and not painful or irritating at all. It's not the most natural look because under the make-up I'm still peeling so it's hard to get it smooth and keep it on all day.

Well I'm glad to hear its not irritating at least. Please keep us updated on how healing goes & what changes you see.

Day 15 - I'm so thankful I'm over two weeks out from surgery. The bacterial infection is almost gone. The skin under my eyes is turning a light pink, still very tight but I'm able to put moisurizer on it. I'm using Aveeno which seems to be gentle enough. The skin around my mouth is more sensitive and not as light as my eyes. It will take longer to heal. I received concealer and concealer powder from my doctor so I was able to go to work today. The make up looks a little heavy if you're close to me, but I can live with that. I haven't seen results yet that would even come close to convincing me of doing it again or recommending it, but I'm only two weeks out so we'll see.

Find out how aggressive you doctor is planning to be with the laser procedure and his "expected" discomfort level and recovery time and ask to see pictures (hopefully day by day) of recovery. Search the internet for other people's experiences and ask for Mixto laser references to call. I am going to attach pictures since finding any on the internet has been a challenge.