Miserable - California

I had quite a bit of surgery; brow life, face...

I had quite a bit of surgery; brow life, face lift, upper lids, fat taken out of lower eyes, Mixto Laser around my mouth and under my eyes. The cost I listed is just for the laser procedure.

I'm 10 days out from surgery. Everything has healed beautifully except for the laser treatment. I had the laser areas covered in Vaseline for the first 7 days and my doctor said I could switch to Oil of Olay to keep it moisturized. It took about an hour to realize that was a mistake. I had an allergic reaction. The areas turned bright red with bumps and itched terribly. I went back to my doctor the next day and he agreed it was an allergic reaction and I could go back to Vaseline, so I did. The itching continued and I developed small pustules. The next morning I went to a dermatologist who said I had a bacterial infection and prescribed an ointment. Again the itching was terrible. I can't imagine where I got the infection because I've been so careful, washing my hands constantly and keeping the lasered area covered in Vaseline. So maybe this is just a fluke and other people haven't gone through this.

I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, but I wouldn't do this again. I feel doctors downplay the recovery period. Even without the infection, it's a hard process to go through and I'll be red/pink for months.

Find out how aggressive you doctor is planning to be with the laser procedure and his "expected" discomfort level and recovery time and ask to see pictures (hopefully day by day) of recovery. Search the internet for other people's experiences and ask for Mixto laser references to call. I am going to attach pictures since finding any on the internet has been a challenge.