First Pass out of 5 Ok So Far - California

I did not have many bad effects -- it would have...

I did not have many bad effects -- it would have been painful but they did a great job of numbing the area first. (It would be crazy to do this with out numbing the skin first.) My skin got red for a few days, swelled a bit, especially around the eyes, but it went away and left no prints or marks at all. I did not blister at all, but it did cause an acne breakout around my mouth and chin area. Not sure if that was a result of the after-care we used (thick layers) or if it was just the laser itself. I will ask when I go in for the second treatment. Although it is too early to tell, I can see after over a week that the crows feet around the eyes are better already.

They know what they are doing. They don't damage their patients.

I have a few deep acne scars especially on my right cheek which I am very conscious about.My dermatologist suggested that the Palomar 1540 would be very effective. Currently I have finished 2 treatments ( of the 4 I am planning to do).Here is how its playing out-
- Numbing is a must (atleast for me)-an hour before the actual treatment.
- The laser feels like pinpricks/little rubber band snaps and I am more sensitive near the nasal area and the forehead.
- My face turns puffy and red as soon as the treatment is done.
- The puffiness is almost gone by the second day but the redness and the 'sun burnt look' lasts for about 3-5 days( nothing you can cover with some makeup).
-the second time around I had 'pixel' or waffle prints', all over my face but it disappeared by the 5th day.
I haven't seen any major changes to my face. Maybe a 5% decrease in the number of scars- but then I am very critical of myself!
The treatment itself hasn't caused any distress to me.
I hope this review will help some people who are afraid to attempt this.
I cant say it is a 100% working for me, since the actual results are supposed to be seen 5-6 months later! Some patience required !
Hi Sacremento - thank you so much for your review.

I was scheduled to have the treatment today but have postponed it because of some of the scary reviews on here.

If you don't mind, can you share some more details. I would like to know:

1) How many passes did they use (i.e. how many times did they go across your face)

2) How long did it take before the swelling and redness had reduced to the extent you felt comfortable going outside without make-up (I am a guy so make-up is not an option for me)

Any help you can give would be truly appreciated.

Marty