Laser Lipo Round Two - California, CA

I had Lipo on my neck and chin in 2008. Thrilled...

I had Lipo on my neck and chin in 2008. Thrilled with those results. I have saved my money and now I am going to have laser liposuction of the upper and lower abdominals as well as the flanks.

I am 35, 5'5" and fluctuate between 125-135. I eat very healthy, no processed food, no sugar, no white flour and tons of fruits and veggies. I do yoga, ballet, or walking 4ish times a week. I could probably amp up my exercise.

I will post before pictures soon.

Before photos

getting nervous

night before

nervous, exited , ready.

Day One - blur

after day 1

Day Two

I feel a lot better. I have one incision, left flank front, still draining slowly. Pain is more like I over did it at the gym than sore. Also, I haven't had a bowel movement since the day before the surgery. That means I am on day three. I have been taking prune supplements per my Dr.'s instructions. I think its the pain meds, so I am stopping those and doing Tylenol.
I had insomnia last night, which means my body is getting too much rest. I am going to go buy a second CG so I can wash the one I was given. There is leakage all over the back if it and it looks gross. The nurse said any kind of compression corset would work. To the MALL I GO!

First Follow Up

Dr. said he thought my results so far are better than he expected. I have some bumps ands dimples, but I am hopeful it will heal nicely. I will post pictures this weekend. I am too busy during the week to do much more than post.

9 day photos

my back is very swollen. I think I rolled on my side last night.

three week update

pain is mostly gone, only twinges here and there. I start exercise again Friday. Im very excited about that.

Im hoping to slowly step up my game.

3 week pics

6weeks

awesome results!!!! even at 9 days it looked great. i hope mine are as good as yours.
I can see the progress in your pictures. You're looking great.
thanks...first day with minimal SWELLING.
You look great! Are you happy with your progress?
I am, a little lumpy. but, I didn't go in wanting to be a bikini model.
Looking good! Can we see photos of the chin lipo? I was thinking about doing that.
hello, so of course the doctor was not there when I went yesterday his assistant or whatever she is to him was there she told me that I should go buy a new garments since the one that I have is hurting me and leaving deep indentations in my skin. and then when I mentioned all the bumps she roughly started rubbing it telling me that's what I need to do every single day 2 times a day for 15 minutes with coconut butter for the next 5 weeks. I literally have these lumpy bumps all over my stomach the sides of my waist my back and I still swell pretty bad. I have to say that for the last two days I have been in a state of mind where I feel regret. I went last night with the hubby to go buy a compression garment and this is basically like a body suit and it is the most difficult thing to put on it gives me a shape just like a coke bottle it makes me look amazing however it is so tight on me I can't even breathe. the gal who helped me told me it needs to be that tight and that she sees all kinds of customers come in that had just had lipo. I wore it for like 4 hours last night I had to take it off there was no way I could feel my body swelling. then my husband massaged all of the areas that have lumps with coconut oil since that's what I have here at home and I must say it did relieve a lot of the bumps and they feel a bit softer. It hurt like hell though. As far as the Dr appt. I was told unless I have any complications I don't need to come back but they gave me a5 week appointment anyway. I heard sure hope these bumps and lumps whatever they're called are resolved in 5 weeks
Definitely keep massaging the lumps and bumps. The people on this site who have them swear by massage. Also, people have more problems with the compression garments than anything else. My ps didn't even give me one until a week out. I was wrapped in lipo foam and a velcro compression wrap. I was already wrapped in this when I woke up from my procedure and it was secure but not suffocatingly tight. If you look on this site at the questions to ps on how your compression garment should fit, all the ps recommend snug but not uncomfortable. Remember, there are ps around the world that don't even use them. Hope you feel better!
oh wow! Thank you. you know I actually was wrapped with foam as well as a garment that had to velcro.. the day after my procedure they told me that on day 3 to remove the foam and the garment to take a shower and apply antibiotic ointment then wrap myself with the garment that has the velcro but very tight. I'm being told that the tighter the better anyway thank you so much for your feedback I really appreciated this is an extremely emotional experience for me but I will look into different responses from pr thanks again
Christina, I hope things get better for you. I went through the whole regret thing. I think its pretty normal. I'm gunna start the massages here tomorrow.
You look so good! I had my procedure 19 days ago and my hips/back are still quite swollen and sore. My ps said that this area always takes the longest to heal.
This is what I was told too.... only after the procedure. I have a very important engagement in 8 days where I will be standing for 3 or 4 hours. I hope it doesn't cause too much swelling. Orthopedic shoes.... must have. ;)
Wearing a good compression garment helps a lot with keeping the swelling down. Maybe take some motrin before.
Let us know what the doctor has to say tomorrow. I hope you feel better!
I am very happy for you. unfortunately I can't say I feel the same way for myself. maybe these are normal emotions. I have a lot of bumps that feeling extremely hard and my compression garment is leaving deep compression marks in certain areas from the garment itself. I go tomorrow for my post op day#10 appt. I've been reading a lot about these be lumpy bumps and half of what I'm reading doesn't sound good at all. I hope everything in the long run turns out to my expectations. please post pictures soon I will soon as well I'm just so not computer savvy and I have to download the pictures from my camera...ttyl.
Also, I didn't have a bowel movement for four or five days but didn't feel constipated. Then I just returned to normal. If you don't feel bad just give it a day or two more.
I have to say that I'm surprised at all the incisions you have. I had the same areas lipo'd and he went in through my belly button for my upper abs and for my lower abs there are two incisions really low, right above my pubic bone and then on my back the two incisions are super low and almost inside my butt cheeks. None on my upper back. You do look great and it looks like you don't have any bruising. My tailbone was so bruised it was my most painful area. Now my hips are the most tender even though I don't really have any more pain (I'm 12 days post-op).
wow!!! you don't even look like you just had surgery. I am so bruised, I look like I got ran over by a bus. your pics look great but its still hard to see what the end results will be. Please show more at a later date and ill post mine soon.
I feel like I got ran over by a big rig full of granite boulders.
awwww yes I feel your pain :( today is day 4 for me and I'm not sure if I can say its getting easier. My Dr is an idiot unfortunately, Im seeing a different side of him now that he's $5000 richer. What pain meds are you taking? I'm on Vicodin 750mg and they do nothing for me.
I have no issues with my Dr. He is wonderful. He calls and checks up on me. He is always willing to help me in anyway. Love him.
You should see it now... bruise line around the bottom of my entire trunk.
Day after. Yesterday was a blur. I was asleep for most of it. The procedure was really not as painful as I thought it would be. Near the rib cage was uncomfortable, but not anything more than a deep tissue massage. They removed 3500cc total. I expected a gain, but I am now at 137 from 132 pre-op. Haven't seen 137 in over 18 years. I think I am going to not weigh myself each day like I have... I could depressed with that. I haven't changed the dressing yet, so I don't know if there is visible change.
Good luck! Uour shape is already nice, im sure your results will be awesome!
thank you. I like my shape, but the middle bulge wont budge.