I Want my Fat Back - Dublin, CA

I was two different sizes. A size 6/8 on top and a...

I was two different sizes. A size 6/8 on top and a size 12/14 on bottom. I also had an injury that caused some fat to be pushed up on my hip and it caused one thigh to be bigger than the other. I wanted to be one size so clothes would fit.

The consultation seemed good. Pictures for buttock and thigh lipo were great but they were from 1985. I asked for more current pictures and they couldn't find any. They said "if he was good then, think how much better he is now." I was to have a fat transfer to one side to even out thigh. He seemed surprised like he hadn't done one before but said no problem. He apparently had several types of transfer kits waiting for surgery so he could get the right one which reinforced my suspicions.

I knew from reading articles that you aren't supposed to remove much fat from the butt because it can cause banana folds. He said he would just make the crease "a little more defined."

I called three of his patience for references and of course they all gave glowing reviews. Two of them had done tummy tucks and boob jobs which they said turned out great.

I had the surgery and WAY too much fat was taken out; almost 10 lbs from one localized area. I knew immediately even after being swollen from surgery. My cellulite looks so much worse. My skin is saggy like a deflated balloon and I have major buttock ptosis. I can't wear clothes without nylons underneath to hold my skin tight, otherwise, the fabric gets stuck under my bum. I am in my early thirties and have the butt of a golden girl.

The fat transfer to my thigh looks really bad and was so small, it didn't make any difference. It just looks like more cellulite.

The doctor was not experienced with this type of surgery (obviously) and has left me deformed. I am hoping a fat transfer will fix this but don't know if I have enough fat (or money) left.

On follow ups he acts like I am beach ready and should get my bikini on. After almost a year of healing but with no improvement, I told him that I was very unhappy with the result. He said he would charge me to fix it even though the contract said revisions are free within 12 months excluding general anesthesia.

I would recommend lipo but in small amounts and from a surgeon who specializes in lipo of that area. Don't go to a boob guy for butt work.

The doctor was professional and well qualified but not experienced with lipo of thighs and buttocks. I would do lipo again if I had the chance but would have sought out a doctor who specialized in buttock augmentation and fat transfers.

Hi there I'm having a boob revision in Dublin Ca and was curious if you could tell me the name of your doc, I can give you my personal email?
My doctor was Dr. Bachelor in Pleasanton, CA. I guess he does a great boob job and tummy tuck but not so great with butt work. I really think that is key. Doctors will tell you they can do everything but you have to go to someone who specializes in that area or you could be left deformed and depressed. Do your homework, get multiple quotes and wait a year before you make a decision. If you think that area of your body couldn't be worse, think again. Get multiple referrals and ask for several photos.
Lator Gator,

:(...my heart goes out to you! I can't believe he's acting like the job was fantastic when it OBVIOUSLY was not!

Is there a board you can complain to...or something??

What was your surgeons name? If you don't want to name him publicly could you email me his name?

I'm thinking about getting a brazilian butt lift and am looking in the Bay Area and LA Area for surgeons.

xo!

Hi Later Gator -- I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. :( Thank you for posting; it's just as helpful to hear about bad results as positive ones, and you're very brave for sharing your experience.

Depending on how bad the sagging is, you could try fat transfer or a butt lift to remove the excess skin. Part of that depends on how drastic you want to go, though.

I hope things get better for you. :)