Certainly Better Than Contacts - California

I got Lasik done over a year ago at the age of 25...

I got Lasik done over a year ago at the age of 25.

I went back recently for a checkup, and one thing I learned is that the symptoms I am experiencing are from dry eyes. My eyes were already dry prior to the surgery which is why I could no longer wear contacts, so it is recommended with people with severe dry eyes to not consider this surgery. When using the computer for long periods I have to take breaks and I blink alot if I don't put drops in, and my eyes get tired as if they are being overworked. Also when I switch from focusing very near to very far my eyes take a second to adjust which they never had to before, but then again I couldn't see far at all without glasses.

So I still think it is a good deal and worth every penny because I hated the way I looked in glasses, and I love playing sports so this was a great change in my life to see far and near without assistance. My eyes were better than 20/20 coming out of surgery but they are slightly less now.

I used the wavefront technology, so I was hoping I would retain the best eyesight and that my eyes would function like a regular persons 20/20 vision but it just doesn't work that way. I sometimes see glares it is very rare but it does happen for a split second and it is annoying.

The surgery was very scary, I was scared about not keeping my eyeball straight when it was getting cut open, and I was scared that I would blink or move etc and then 45 seconds later one eye was done.

lasik eye center