Certainly Better Than Contacts - California

I got Lasik done over a year ago at the age of 25...

I got Lasik done over a year ago at the age of 25.

I went back recently for a checkup, and one thing I learned is that the symptoms I am experiencing are from dry eyes. My eyes were already dry prior to the surgery which is why I could no longer wear contacts, so it is recommended with people with severe dry eyes to not consider this surgery. When using the computer for long periods I have to take breaks and I blink alot if I don't put drops in, and my eyes get tired as if they are being overworked. Also when I switch from focusing very near to very far my eyes take a second to adjust which they never had to before, but then again I couldn't see far at all without glasses.

So I still think it is a good deal and worth every penny because I hated the way I looked in glasses, and I love playing sports so this was a great change in my life to see far and near without assistance. My eyes were better than 20/20 coming out of surgery but they are slightly less now.

I used the wavefront technology, so I was hoping I would retain the best eyesight and that my eyes would function like a regular persons 20/20 vision but it just doesn't work that way. I sometimes see glares it is very rare but it does happen for a split second and it is annoying.

The surgery was very scary, I was scared about not keeping my eyeball straight when it was getting cut open, and I was scared that I would blink or move etc and then 45 seconds later one eye was done.

lasik eye center

Thank you for posting your experience, urbandesignr. I've been looking into Lasik myself, so any bits of advice you can offer are much appreciated! :)