Veneers and Crowns Don't Go with Invisalign - California

Be aware that for the braces to work, you will...

Be aware that for the braces to work, you will need "buttons" attached to teeth. These "buttons" DO NOT stick to crowns or veneers. Mine came off within hours and I needed to visit the dentist once a day. Even the "glue" Invisalign sent to my dentist doesn't work. I'm 4 months and $4,000 into treatment and am ready to forget the whole thing. Wish I was informed of this before...

I really blame Invisalign for not addressing the no stick problem with crowns and veneers. Not mentioned anywhere that I found.

Oh my, I have veneers on my front two teeh and am supposed to be getting buttons on them tomorrow. I'll let you know if my experience is any different. Good luck!
Well, I'm 3 days down now with veneers and attachments on my two front teeth and not having any problems. Not even a hint that the attachments will come loose from the veneers as I've eaten sunflower seeds in the shell today (using my front teeth to crack the shells apart), with no problem. So I don't think its the veneers themself causing problems but possibly your provider's technique at applying them. Good luck!

Hi NYC,

Welcome to the Invisalign community. So am I reading it right, that the buttons do not stick and you have tried every glue, but your dentist still keeps putting them on? Have you looked into braces or a different procedure other than Invisalign? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt