I used invisalign to correct a gap in my front teeth. - Disappointed - California, CA

I used invisalign to correct a gap in my front...

I used invisalign to correct a gap in my front teeth. Unfortunately, my experience was a nightmare. When the Invisalign closed the front gap, my front teeth were pushed back. Great, my gap was closed, however, now my back teeth were not touching, and my front teeth (upper and lower) were crashing together in the front. I had to chew with my front teeth. I was promised a year of invisalign, however, two more sets of trays needed to be ordered (another year), extending my treatment to way longer than antcipated. In the end, my dentist was going to continue with the Invisalign until the end of time. He insisted that he could correct the bite issue. But at what cost? He wanted more money for more trays, and kept telling me that I was not wearing my trays. He's wrong. At no point did a tray not fit due to not wearing the previous one long enough.

After three of my front teeth broke due to the pressure put on them, I finally ended my experience with Invisalign and began my recovery with a Orthodontist.

If you have bite issues at the end of Invisalign, don't wait for your dentist to fix it...call an orthodontist and get yourself into traditional braces. Invisalign may work for some, but in my instance, it did not. I paid $5000 for an Invisalign specialist...Orthodontist $6500. Invisalign priceless...meaning worth nothing, zero. Complete disaster.

Wow, I am having the same issue as you and am also in California, going to River Dentistry. I am a little over half way through and my bite is a mess. He keeps telling me that it will improve, but now other issues with my teeth are starting to arise as well. I am now needing to spend more money to go to an actual orthodontist.
I'm sorry your experience was horrible. You should have gone to an orthodontist in the first place. Some General dentists have decided to try to do Invisalign, however, they are not orthodontists. Its like having your regular doctor do plastic surgery on you. I happen to work for an orthodontist who does tons of Invisalign and her cases come out beautifully! It sounds like your "invisalign specialist" was just a dentist, not an orthodontist. Also, we quote a fee and that includes if we have to do a refinement, which means if you need more trays, its included. If anyone goes somewhere and gets a quote, that should include the whole treatment...beginning to end. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Invisalign really works if you find the right professional. I would recommend anyone interested to go on Invisalign's website and see who the providers are that do a lot of it. They are ranked Elite (they do the most) Premiere etc...