The Difference Between Life and Death - California

Insurance Approved I had Gastric Bypass...

Insurance Approved

I had Gastric Bypass November 28, 2006. I weighed 383 at my highest weight. I weigh 173 today.

I was 42 when I had the surgery and had waited several years before really going for it.

The reason I had gastric bypass was because I was tired. I was tired of dying. I was tired of not being able to walk without holding on to things for help. At night-I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

I honestly could feel my life ebbing away. It took me 2 plus years to go through all the insurance hoops-plus required classes/education.

I wish more folks would be required to take both the nutritional and psychology courses. This is a HUGE life changing event and sadly-if you do not work to CHANGE your mind and habits-you quite possibly can doom yourself to failure.

Pros:
Another shot a life
Truly learning about my body and nutrition
More energy

Cons:
Change can be very difficult-even when it's GREAT change. May I suggest working with a support system (which might include a therapist)?
The flip side of another shot at life can be putting yourself into a life threatening situation. If you do not take this operation seriously-you are at risk.

I would do it again, absolutely! Feel free to ask any questions!

I had this surgery in Northern California and have since moved to England.

I was reading your juvederm review and clicked on your profile because you are so pretty :) I saw this story and wanted to congratulate you! You have a truly gorgeous face!!!
Hi Kirsty, I have just had my gastric bypass 05/10/11 and now have diarrhea is this common

Thanks for your time Jeanette xx

Hi Jeanette,

I've sent you a PM to answer your question. Please keep us up to date with how you're doing.

Kirsty

Yen-Chung A. Lee, M.D.(ValleyCare health system Pleasanton CA)

I highly recommend this group. Dr. Lee was fabulous-as are the rest of the staff at Valley Health. They listened and they understood. They are well experienced and I was in great hands!