Getting a Happier Look :-) - California

Just had surgery on April 9th so are still very...

Just had surgery on April 9th so are still very much in the "beginning" healing stages. Had a neck/face lift, laser resurface around eyes, fat transfer and a breast aug. Biggest complaint was genetic turkey neck.

At 49 my profile just didn't look like my insides felt anymore. Add more and more family photos that made me want to learn how to photoshop and knew I didn't want to live with this if I could do something about it. The eyes were added closer to my surgery since I was concerned that my new younger face was going to make them look even older. Had loose skin and hollow underneath so between laser and fat transfer should be good for years to come now.

As far as the "girls" that is something I didn't mind getting back to a perkier look. Had lost a lot of firmness and fullness and everytime I would lose weight they would seem to disappear.

Surgery was Tue April 9th and went well. Unfortunately, despite all sorts of meds to help with nausea I was still sick all night and have not tried any RX pain meds since then. Have to say...I know I will get through this and see some changes already (tight chin/neckline) that I love but is a much more intense surgery then I thought. Was not quite expecting the amount of tightness and swelling that goes along with these procedures.

The pictures just don't show that. Even the ones I've taken of myself look very different then I feel. I do have some bruising partially from fat transfer and maybe more due to being sick that first night. Nothing stayed down and it probably stressed areas that needed rest. Am trying to be very good and not overdue it around the house, stay out of the heat and sun and avoid bending and heavy lifting. Probably do need to step up the liquids though but had a very difficult eating or drinking much with the tightness...even with a straw.

My husband says, "oh no, not for him he'll just wrinkle" but he is being supportive and that helps a lot! Even washed my hair for me when it was plastered to my head. Gotta love him for that! Will try to add some pictures this time as I couldn't see how to add more then one to my profile wi/o writing a review. Good luck to all you ladies that are contemplating, preparing, scheduling or have had your dream surgeries! Happy Healing

Online...office reviews..patient posts.

I would like to have this done too. I am very nervous about it all as it will be no picnic, but the outcome ie getting rid of the turkey neck and sagging jowels worth it. Your ears look very swollen in these photos. How are you getting along?
Hi, I was just wondering how u r coming along? has the recovery been any easier? Hope so. I now have my surgery booked for late Aug. It is for the neck/facelift ,fat transfer and the one that worries me is a TCA Peel. The Laser resurface that u had looked tough and I hope it has gotten better. I wonder which is the toughest the Laser or TCA Peel ? Just don't know too much on the TCA Peel, anyway I would love to hear how u r coming along .Starting to get nervous now.

How are you feeling now? We'd love to see some updated photos!

How are you doing?
Thanks for post. Encouraging. I am on day 3. Could not do without pain meds. Also prone to nausea...took all luckily meds worked. Doctor also gave meds for sleep, very much needed. Laying around is not my best thing. My neck look similar to ur pic. My husband is going to have to clean my stiches tonight. That should be interesting...hes a weenie
Happier Look, Please keep posting and sending pictures (scary, but helps me to see what I,m in for). Hanging on every word as I have a consultation coming up in a few weeks. I really want to prepare myself for this surgery so hopefully it just might be easier . Glad you have such a wonderful ,supportive and funny hubby to get you through these rough day's. My hubby also says Not for him, he too will just wrinkle! Also said he could never give birth..Lol...Thanks for letting us come along on your recovery and take it easy . Happy Healing back to you..Hope you feel better soon!
Hi Vicki, I wish I had found this site long before I did my consultations and surgery like you have! :-). I am glad that I had the surgery but I wasn't as prepared for the 1st week as I thought I was. Although I really feel a lot of what I have experienced since surgery is mostly to do with my body other things seem pretty common and I just couldn't appreciate them until I experienced it 1st hand. What procedures are you considering? I have been taking pictures daily and will post a couple of new ones when I update my review. Thanks!
my gosh darling, I got PTSD from looking at your post-op shots. Laser resurfacing looks tough. I feel for you. When do you get your stitches out? That was my hump day. Afterwards things got better faster. Your husband sounds like a real keeper cheering you up with the pups :)
Haha....I have to admit. I don't think I was quite as prepared for the "after" as I thought I was. Not having gone through anything like this before I really didn't have anything to relate to when they mentioned "tightness". I kept envisioning tight skin (like when I've had a bad sunburn). Had no idea what tight muscles and swelling were like on the face. I know it will all be worth it! :-) Stitches in front of ears come out tomorrow...yay!! The ones behind ear and into hairline will probably be another week. The are dissolvable but nurse will remove any that are left then. Ones under my breasts are another week or two. Thanks again for all the support!
I can't believe how you neck line has improved!! Good for you! I'm sooo excited now! :D
I'm excited for you too!! Good luck!
Thank you! Handed in my physical form from my doc today (and got my ugly post-op bras in the mail...ugh!) so it all seems very real now!
Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy healing. It's all looking very promising. And with hubby's help and support you're set for a speedy recovery and a stellar result. Pup looks cute in his head bandage LOL!
Thank you!! Only real concern right now is how long one side of face will stay pulled tighter then the other. Makes my lips uneven and easy to see. PS says it's OK and will relax...just hope it isn't a long wait. :-)
The first week is difficult but things get better after that. You have some brusing around the eyes because of the laser resurface and fat transfer , I think. But in general your chin and neck look good. I had a lot of swelling, tighness and bruises after few days out of surgery but they disappeared after 8 weeks. Hang in there girlfriend, you will be ok soon. Your pup is so cute.
8 weeks...wow. Seems like an eternity right now but will hopefully pass quickly. Haven't left home except for a post-op appt Thur morn (eyes were looking very bad, face/neck has swelling and bruising but mostly lips are swollen to a not normal size and are pulling to one side and kind of makes me think someone covered my face with putty and smeered it to the side...haha) but I think this week will be a turning point. Am thinking later in the week I may be able to go to the grocery store or bra shopping for a little break. Thanks for the support!!
My right cheek healed slower and pulled little more than the other. Same with my neck. For few weeks they looked imbalanced but after that they looked the same. You will be fine. If you have to go out, make sure you avoid the direct sun as for now your face skin is more sensitive to the sun and risk of sunburn. I bought a hat and also keep a newspaper copy in my car to protect my new face from the sun.
Hi MB....Thanks for that info! The PS said they would be OK but you still worry when you've done something this drastic and when it's your face. :-) It has gotten better the last few days. I even looked in the mirror after my shower this morning and for the 1st time since surgery I saw a version of myself. No more cartoon character looking back at me! :-) You have a great day!!

Thank you SO much for sharing your experience so far on RealSelf. It's going to help many, many others embarking on a similar journey. I'm glad to hear that your husband (and pup) are supportive.

Please keep us updated as you continue to recover and transform. :)

Thanks. I will.