Teeth Prepared For Veneers

I had my 6 anterior teeth prepped for veneers....

I had my 6 anterior teeth prepped for veneers. While my old teeth were not bad, I just wanted a subtle enhancement so my dentist recommended veneers. She told me she was a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentisry. I beleived her.

I have severe recession on my teeth. When she prepped me, she prepped all the way into my recession area and I look horrific. My teeth look so long. When I went to get the veneers put on, they bulked out from the recession area so I told her I did not want them cemented in my teeth. She got upset with me and told me that I would have to pay the $2000 lab fee for them to be redone. She temped my teeth and now they are far in the front where I cannot feel my bite anymore.

So I went to the AACD and looked up some Cosmetic Dentists to get a second opinion. I have been in temps for 6 weeks. My dentist took off .5mm of my teeth and that's all I really want back at this point, plus my old shape, and my gaps! Is this possible? I don't even want a cosmetic look anymore. I just want my "old look" restored.

This situation has devistated me and I cry every night. Please give me some advice.

Thank you for sharing the importance of checking credentials.

Here is a link to the AACD (American Academy of Cosmeti Dentistry) Website.

Dr. Georgia Hadaad

She is not a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She says she is!