Cosmelan Didn't Work for Me - California

I bought cosmelan from ebay. They claimed it was...

I bought cosmelan from ebay. They claimed it was the old formula and I guess it really was because I peeled A LOT! I heard that with the new cosmelan, you don't really peel. I got cosmelan because I have brown spots on my cheeks that I got from using Proactiv and not wearing sunscreen. I've had the spots for 5 or 6 years and nothing seems to get rid of them!

Anyway, I applied the cosmelan mask for 10 hours to my entire face and occluded the mask with saran wrap. The next morning my face was a little red, but I didn't look too bad. I started right away using the cosmelan 2 (which was the new formula) three times a day, followed by Hydra-vital factor K lotion. It took a couple days for the peeling to start, but when it did, it was really bad! I've used TCA peels before and the peeling looks like thin sheets of skin. It's a little embarrassing, but I still feel ok to go out in public. With cosmelan though, the peeling is different. It is really ugly and looks terrible! I couldn't leave the house for two weeks. My face was in pain the first few days also.

I continued using the cosmelan 2 three times a day for three weeks, then two times a day for another three weeks, then once a day until the jar was gone. After all that, the spots on my face didn't improve at all. The rest of my skin did look really soft and smooth, but for the cost and pain and looking terrible for two weeks, it was not worth it!