Pear Laser Has Ruined my Skin! - California, CA

I got Pearl (non-fractional) laser to improve the...

I got Pearl (non-fractional) laser to improve the texture of my skin including mild orange peel, fine lines and discoloration. A few days after, it looked like it had removed my pigmentation problems on my cheeks but nothing for the texture. Ever since then, my skin has gotten worse and worse. It now has lumpy white bumps and discoloration in areas where I never had it before.
Please tell me if this ever happens to other patients?? what I can do to treat it? and will it go away or keep getting worse? Everyday my skin keeps looking more horrible. I'm so depressed...

Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope you find support from our community.

My skin had a little bit of the bad texture and discoloration. After it is 100% worse!!!

The texture is the biggest problem.... All the collagen is also draining from my face....

More before and after

I can't believe this is my face now

Hi there! Sorry you had those results. Does your skin now have some track marks around the eyes? Today is September 4. I had a micro fractional laser done 3 weeks ago and my pores look bigger - but it's actually not my natural pores, rather it's holes left from the laser in perfect patterns. Also, I still have noticeable track marks around my eyes. I'm hoping it all gets better but after 3 weeks I'm starting to worry. Hopefully you're improving with time.
Hi, sorry you are having to suffer the pain I have. It's now been about 3 1/2 weeks since laser genesis and 1month & 3 weeks since my pearl. I think my bumpy texture is getting better. I am planning to take some pictures in the same light as I took the other ones to re-evaluate. I still have the same thing that you described though - holes, that look like enlarged pores, and track marks. It's terrible but I also think that with time it has started to get somewhat better. I have been following a grueling skin care regime that includes lots of vitamin C (from facial spray and also eating/drinking it), and then layers of other products throughout the day. If you want I can give you the names. At this point, my hope is that my skin can get back to where it was before the layers!!!!!
Thanks for replying so promptly! I had the iPixel Co2 done. My doctor went once around my entire face and 6 stacks around my eyes and mouth, which was bloody painful! And probably the reason why it's taking so long for me to heal. I live abroad where the products you use are probably not available but if you send me the names I'll search for them. I've been using "Factor A E" since day 1, as per doctor's orders. It only has 3 ingredients: vitamins A & E as well as Allantoin. This is what I just learned about allantoin: It's moisturizing and keratolytic, meaning that it causes keratin in the skin to soften. This property helps skin to heal more quickly and to bind moisture more effectively, making products containing allantoin useful for dry skin and for healing wounds, burns, and scars. Plus I'm taking extra C and B with my multivitamins. My doctor said to wait at least another month or so in order to start seeing good results but after reading reviews about the patterned skin and large pores possibly being permanent I kind of freaked out. On a positive note, other than the lingering track marks, the my crows feet and under the eyes look fabulous! Wrinkles and sun damage GONE and as smooth as baby skin! Looking forward to hearing about your progress :) I'm going to post a review in a few weeks once I have a better idea of the final results.

Skin is looking better 2 months after pearl and one month after laser genesis

My skin is starting to look a little better. I still have not heard anything from doctors on what could have possibly gone wrong. It is a horrible experience to be embarrassed to have people look at your face when you spend $1000s to look better.
There is another little-publicized, but significant risk with medium resurfacing. Doctors have discovered that medium resurfacing does not work well on a significant fraction of the population and can make their skin appearance much worse. Even if penetration is not excessive, in some people, particularly those with large pores and a lot of skin oil, the epidermis may not regenerate well, resulting in a much worse surface texture than before the procedure. This is due to variations in the way new epidermal cells grow outward from the pores and sweat gland openings. Also, the basal or bottom layer of the epidermis, which forms new skin cells, may not return to it's normal pre-operative state. Even though wrinkles may be reduced, up close the resulting epidermis may be thin and have an uneven, orange-peel appearance. The pore openings may appear larger than before with tiny fissures around them, particularly in the center of the face. Loss of pigment can also make large pores appear more prominent.
Have you tried a mild glycolic peel? It improved my skin's texture.
How are you doing now? The same exact thing just happened to me. I am 3 weeks out but I am afraid the damage is permanent.
Blue Medispa

It probably wasn't her fault. The Pearl Laser and Genesis must just have this effect on some people. I hope that anyone reading this will never try what I did!!!