Would Love to Do It Again, But..., - California

5 yrs ago I went to a reputable doc to try botox...

5 yrs ago I went to a reputable doc to try botox for my frown line between the brows. He did 5 tiny quick shots between the brows. 24 hours later I had a sore throat that over the next couple days escalated into a horrible sinus and respiratory infection like I have never had before or since.

I remember waking in the night in a panic because I felt like I couldn't breathe. Crying from fear I woke my husband and confessed that I had tried botox. (He was angry that I would put a poison in my face just for a wrinkle)

His mother, a doctor, and my GP both said it was probably a coincidence and I had picked up some other bug. But no one in my home (mother of two children) had been ill nor became ill. I was the only one sick. So I don't think it was a cold or flu or anything else contagious. I believe it was the botox.

However, I LOVED the results. I hold my stress in my face. I am constantly crunching my brows together and the botox made not just my face relax, but ALL of me. I felt calmer since I couldn't scrunch my brows. And it was good for my marriage! My husband felt I didn't "get so angry" when we had a disagreement. I was just as angry, I just didn't look mean. He felt I was more approachable and we talked through things better.

My brow is now, 5 years later, even worse. I hate how stressed and angry I look. I massage it, but my face is just "trained" to do this. I try to fight the scrunching. But it is just always there, even when I sleep.

I would do botox again in a heartbeat if I hadn't gotten so ill. But I am terrified. What if it is worse the next time?

I guess I'll just keep massaging.

My doctor was very experienced and reputable. I do not fault him for this procedure. However, he said, "it just doesn't happen" when I asked him about side affects of botox. And that "just wasn't true".