Couple Days in - California

I just started Accutane a couple of days ago....

I just started Accutane a couple of days ago. After reading some of these reviews, I am pretty apprehensive about the next 5 months. I am trying to take precautionary actions such as wearing heavy moisturizing creams, chapstick, drinking lots of water, Also considering taking calcium and fish oil? Not sure if it's ok. Haven't asked the doctor yet. Also, I am going to buy artificial tears to help with eye dryness. After only a couple of days on it, I am experiencing dry lips and mouth, my face feels a little dryer, nothing too bad yet. Will keep you posted. Will be praying as well!

Do not forget, the people who post these horror stories on the internet are having the worst problems, other people probably cba because they don't have as strong feelings about it. The only thing you can't take is large quantities of alcohol (so no more than the daily recommended amount) and vitamin a tablets or tablets containing large amounts of vitamin a. So I take three fish oils a day, a vitamin c tablet, a multivitamin tablet that doesn't contain vitamin a (it also contains calcium), a biotin tablet (this is good for skin and hair health, apparently Accutane uses this up and that is why their hair MIGHT fall out) and a vitamin d tablet (good for skin and health). Yes I take a lot, haha I can taken them all at once, but I just hope this shows that you can take things to prevent side effects.

I know it can be scary to start taking Accutane with all the warnings & waivers, tests, etc. Just pay close attention to your body, and if you notice anything that seems strange or out of the ordinary make sure to talk to your doctor about it.

As you know, they'll be monitoring you pretty closely to watch for any signs of problems as well, so don't fret over it too much, and remember if anything does go wrong you can just stop taking it.

Looking forward to your updates!!

I've been on it less than a month, Vaseline and Aquaphor have been my best friend for my lips and occasionally my nose. My face got really oily at first and the dr said this was normal and it would get better...which it has already. I'm only on 20mg the first month, but figure she will up it next month.
Claudia