Will it come off? -Calgary, AB

I got a tattoo the other day because I'm an idiot,...

I got a tattoo the other day because I'm an idiot, it's a color tattoo I hate it and want it removed. How long do I need to wait before I can get it removed? What laser is best to use, and will it even work? I don't know anything about laser removal. I also smoke and I hear that laser removal might not work on someone who smokes, is that true?
Hey, welcome aboard! It's a nice tattoo, but it's of course your decision and not ours. I think it's a great idea to see how you cope for a while; chances are you will learn to love it. Laser is a long and painful process so you have to be absolutely sure that you will always dislike the tattoo before you begin. Good luck either way. :-)
just dont put attention to it. i know is hard cause it is in your body but nobody cares about it. in my opinion it looks cool.
It's so hard to not pay attention to it, all I can think about is it :( But I'm trying

It's getting a little better

Now that I've gotten out of my house and stopped hiding in my room crying, I have gotten a little better, maybe because I'm wearing long sleeves and I don't see the tattoo, I am pretty angry at myself and the amount of regret I have is enormous, but I'm going to try to love this tattoo. I saw a quote that made me think of this situation "when something bad happens, you can let it define you, destroy you or you can let it strengthen you" I'm going to try to live by that quote, it may be difficult it may not be, but life could be worse. I just need to focus on the good in my life. Wish me luck
I like yr quote :) I really do, it kinda touched me a little...so true. I'm glad u feel better, 4reals! Take yr time no matter what u decide..we're here if u need us :)
I'm definitely going to take my time. I hope I can grow to love this tattoo
Also thank you :) Everyone on here is great, I'm sure you already know that this site is amazing, I'm glad I found it.

Interesting

A day ago I couldn't even look at my tattoo without wanting to cry now I'm sitting here looking at (still not really wanting it) but I don't want to cry, I don't think I hate it. Maybe it's because I'm too tired to cry, or maybe it's because putting myself in this mindset is helping, I know it's only been a couple days, but hopefully I can grow to fully love my tattoo and not feel like I look like an idiot with this thing on my arm. Whatever the outcome of how I feel, I do know that getting another tattoo is very unlikely to happen. This site has helped, it stopped me from jumping into laser removal the second I got this thing, I probably would of regretted laser removal more then the tattoo, and the fact that getting rid of it can take years, well I'm pretty sure I can't mentally handle that.
I'm not sure if you are still on this site but I just waned to say that I hope you are doing well!
Just checking in to see how you are feeling :) Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!
We all can relate. I am 38 years old and thought I had a brain! Guess I was wrong! lol..I went and got a tattoo on my forearm and I allowed the artist to have too much freedom which resulted in a tattoo that is bigger than what i wanted and too high up on my forearm..I wanted just a little tattoo in my wrist. What gets me through is just telling myself it is just a tattoo, a lot of people have them and likely a lot of people have worse ones than you. Don't let it define you.I too thought of tattoo laser removal but through my research, I found that it really is only a procedure for those who truly cannot live with their tattoo. It is a lengthy, expensive and emotionally, physically draining experience. So, while I don't love my tattoo, I have made the choice to live with it. At least until the tattoo removal process advances which I truly believe it will. Good Luck and thanks for sharing your story! We are here to support you.