September Rhinoplasty— Calgary AB

Cant believe im finally doing this. I have wanted...

Cant believe im finally doing this. I have wanted this done since I was 16, and I am now 24. I am removing the bumb, fixing a diaviated septum, and getting some tip work done. Having an ugly nose is my biggest insecurity. Just like everyone else on this site, i have been made fun of and have had alot of ignorant comments made to me because of my nose. I am so happy I found this site, because their are people who cam truely relate to how I feel.

pictures of different angles

Here are some more pictures, to get a better idea at what my nose looks like from all angles.

Surgery is paid for! :)

Well I paid for my surgery yesterday, its really starting to feel real now! Starting to get nervous, really hoping I am going to be happy with the results. $10,000 is alot to spend, especially at my age!

Wondering how other peopld handled going back to work, did people notice? Did you tell them? Everyone at works knows im taking time off fof a surgery, but thats it. Really hoping no one notices.

7 days! Count down begins :)

Cannot believe in 7 days I am getting my surgery done. Totally starting to freak out now!! Starting to question if my nose is really that bad, how people in my life will react....But there's no going back, everything's paid for, and ready to go. Glad I have the long weekend to relax, Monday I'm going to go buy some food for after surgery like soup, pasta... what did everyone else eat post surgery???

Tomorrow is the big day

Totally freaking out, cant believe tomorrow morning at 11am I am going in for my surgery.. Praying everything goes okay. My boyfriend is taking the day off, but is returning to work the following day. So their wont be anybody to really take care of me post op day 2, so hoping ill do okay. This better be worth it lol

Surgery done, recovery time

Well feeling okay. Dr. Zakhary ended up taking me in about 30 mins earlier. I was pretty nervous, and I'm terrified of needles, and she is just amazing. So very kind and understanding, held my hand and made sure I was okay. When I woke up I felt pretty uncomfortable, just because I felt so dehydrated and they don't want you guzzling water. My nose is bleeding alot, so I have to change my drip pad alot. We didn't end up leaving the office until like 5pm, so driving home in rush hour sucked! But I survived, not in any pain. And my boyfriend is taking really good care of me :) And thank you to everyone for all the support, it really does mean alot

Surgery day

Swelling and bruising started before I even got in recovery. Im sure tomorrow I am going to loom brutal.

3rd day post op

I am now 3 days post op, not getting the cast off until Friday. A whole 5 days to go! I'm feeling pretty good, my boyfriend went back to work today, he's been taking really good care of me. So we will see how today goes taking care of myself.

I find the nights are the worst, very hard to sleep because I feel so uncomfortable. When I get up I feel so much pressure in my nose, and my face is extra swollen. My eyes aren't that bad now, the swelling has moved down to my lower cheeks.

3rd day post op

4 days post op

Feeling alot better this morning. Finally had a decent night sleep. My bruising is starting to turn yellow, and alot of the swelling has gone down. Going out for fresh air makes the world of difference, I have so much more energy today. Starting to feel like myself again even made supper last night and got some house work done! Now its just a waiting game. 3 more days till this cast is off!!!

5 days post op

Not much has changed. Going a little crazy being house bound! Haha My boyfriend took me for a ride yesterday to grab a coffee and nice drive out in the country. It was much needed, made me feel alot better. I just have to get through today and tomorrow then this cast is coming off friday morning at 10am! Woo hoo!

cast off - 7 days post op

Finally got the cast off, but know its covered in tape! It was kinda painful to get the cast off, and stiches out. But I have a very low pain tolerance, im a wussy lol Had to lay down again when she took the cast off because I started feeling so faint. Not sure how I feel about the results yet, I was sooo swollen. I look like a avatar! Under the cast it didnt look like I had much swelling. So I was very surprised! I know over time it will better.. I can defitnitely see an improvement. The bump is removed, it is now straight, and the tip is way more refined and not droopy.

She said I have to leave the tape on until next friday, to reduce swelling. Then after that I only have to tape at night.

7 days post op

11 days post op

Feeling great, I have been going out of the house alot this week. Even got my hair done this morning, went darker with little bit of red and got bangs. Figured a new do, will destract from my new nose when I head back to work. The swelling has gone down quite a bit since cast removal 4 days ago. I get all the tape off this thursday, cant wait! Then I will have a few days to get used to my nose before I go back to work on Monday.

2 weeks post op

Just got the tape taken off, really not sure what to think. I was really starting to like the shape with the tape on. My nose still look "big". Actually feel like crying right now, right now im feeling like this wasnt worth it, not how I pictured myself looking. I feel like I looked so much prettier in my before pictures...

2 weeks post op

2.5 week post op

Well I am now back to work, back to my daily routine. First day back was very exhausting, and nerve racking. I could feel everyone staring, but only one person asked about it. I work with my father in law, and as soon as he seen me he knew.
I ended up working out that night, which wasn't a good idea, the next morning I felt pretty rough.. actually almost fainted. So I'm still trying to take it easy after work until I'm 100% again.

The swelling has started to go down,but I still have ways to go. My left eye is becoming more bruised, so I'm not sure why that's happening. I'm not sure if its uneven swelling but my nose is looking very crooked. I'm slowly starting to like my nose, and get used to my new face. Hopefully with more time my nose will look better.

2.5 weeks post op

1 month post op

Well not much to update on. Swelling is slowly going down, still havr a long way to go. From the front it is still looking really crooked, I am praying this is just uneven swelling. From the front.it looks worse then before in my opinion. But my profile im starting to like, so happy about that.

2 Months Post

I haven't posted in awhile, so figured Id better update everyone! I had a visit with my doctor this week, she insisted I get steroid injection in my nose which helps reduce swelling and gets rid of scar tissue. I am actually terrified of needles but it wasn't that bad. She put numbing cream on first so could only feel a slight pinch. She said I wont notice a difference for about 2 weeks, its only been 4 days so far. I asked about the bump near my eye, and she said it was bone and that it could be shaven down if I wanted. But well see after a year. Today I actually noticed a slight bump on my profile, which makes me very concerned and very upset. So I'm going to be keeping a close eye on that over the next week. Other then that everything's good, its defiantly an improvement from my old nose but hoping it continues to improve with time.

2 months post

2 months

10 months post op

I haven't updated in so long! Just wanted to let everyone know I am very happy with my results. I had to get steroid shots in my nose to reduce swelling and it made a huge difference. I will try and post more pictures.
Calgary Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Zakhary is an amazing surgeon, I would recommend her to anyone thinking about rhinoplasty. She has been so kind and caring throughout this whole process.

Hey, Lynn! I hope you post more pictures soon, because I'd love to see the final result of the surgery after this long of a time. Glad you're happy with your results and I hope you're doing well!
Hi Lynn, I just want to say your results look amazing! I am having my septorhinoplasty at the beginning of September and am feeling very nervous, but seeing you photos has helped me a lot because my nose is very similar to how yours was before your surgery. I hope you are recovering well. All the best :-) x
do you still have that slight bump on your nose or was that swelling that dissipated?
Very happy for you and your great results. Would love to see your current pics.
Can't wait to see the picts!
Your new nose looks amazing! Happy for you, and thank you for all the photos. Can we get the name of your doctor in Calgary.... And also, are YOU happy with the final results??
I know this is a late reply but her doctor was Kristina Zakhary.
Would love to hear an update and see some pics!
Is that bump still on the bridge of your nose? Would love an update maybe even with pics.
Hi! You wrote on my profile and were so complimentary that I wanted to see your page and I can't help but want to tell you that your nose now looks so cute. It's so little and perfect size for your face. I love it, you have to love it too! It's adorbs.
Awe thank you! I'm getting used to it, unfortunately there's a bump forming on my bridge which sucks! But other than that I'm pretty happy :)
Thank you for sharing your story, you look beautiful! I'm in a similar situation that you were a year ago. I'm 23 and have been wanting this since I was a preteen. I just booked my surgery and I'm going through the feelings that you were experiencing, such as will it be worth it? when can I return to normal life? I'm also super terrified of needles too! I can't have an injection without feeling like I'm going to throw up, pass out, or both (and in some cases I actually have). That's honestly the part I'm most scared about Do you have any regrets so far or was it completely worth it?
I think it was worth it. But I contemplate saying that just because it cost me almost $11,000 and I have a few issues with my new nose but hoping over time it will look better. I'm glad I did it, because if I didn't I would always wish I did. I was actually just like you, more scared of getting blood taken than the actual surgery lol. Usually I faint when ever I get a needle. This whole process is actually slowly helping me get over my fear. But Ive been using numbing cream when getting blood taken, and the steroid injection to my nose. So you cant even feel the needle. Good luck with your surgery, and try not to stress over the needles to much, its really not that bad especially with numbing cream! :)
I do have so many regrets ...I can't even look at myself anymore evenso I do have a nice nose now...but it does fit my face ...I felt prettier before !!! Anyone feeling like me ???
Yikes! How come you have to keep having injections? Is that typical, or were there complications? I spoke with my surgeon's coordinator and she said that since i'm a healthy young woman, I won't need any lab tests done in the pre-op appointment (whew!)
Lynn, thank you for sharing your story and your pics. I too have been wanting surgery since I was 16 and now I'm 30 and still contemplating. I have the large bump and the length of my nose is long for my face. I am soo afraid of my nose being worse after the surgery than it is now though! Do you still miss your old nose and how is your confidence level now?
I would say go for it. Before surgery I always thought "it couldn't be worse than it already is". Like my surgeon told me aim for better, not perfection which is probably the best advice. My nose is definitely better, but not perfect. My confidence level is better, I'm not concerned about my nose any more. I'm only two months post so my nose will hopefully continue to improve over the next few months. Hopefully this helps :)
how great to see a female surgeon! btw....you look extra beautiful more ethereal and sweet!
I think your nose looks great! But I always notice more flaws in my own face than others.
It is looking really good! These recent pictures sure show how the swelling is going down. Give it 3-6 months and I'm sure you'll be loving it! I had mine done on Oct. 30th and am going through the same thing you did. Even though they tell you it takes time for final results, you can't help but feel panicked and bummed a bit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the tip gets smaller.
Yes exactly, it looks so much better than then the day I got the cast off. But I'm still hoping it improves over the next couple months. Unfortunately I have a bump forming on my bridge, I think my old nose is trying to grow back lol good luck with your recovery! :)
Hey has the swelling gone down??? Id love to see some new photos. Hope your well.xox
A little bit, but there seems to be a bump forming on my profile :(