It's a Process.. But So Worth It - Calgary, AB

I have much to say and will post more here over...

I have much to say and will post more here over the coming days- but yes!! Absolutely worth it and it is getting better each day!!

I had my rhinoplasty done because I have long been...

I had my rhinoplasty done because I have long been self conscious of a large dorsal hump, made worse and/or cause by a break in my pre teen years, plus I had a droopy bulbous tip. In other words, just not a pretty nose. A man's nose and it killed any angle shot Ive ever done. I only had one half decent profile shot, from the left and a very specific angle! this grew very tiresome so I finally took the plunge....more to come...

I want to stress, I mean REALLY stress to all...

I want to stress, I mean REALLY stress to all potential rhinoplasty patients that they do their research, play with some plastic surgery simulators to try tweaking your nose to different looks and/or of course looking at noses you like. Remember, just because you like a nose on an actress or model doesn't mean it will suit your face or that that particular nose is obtainable. In my case I believe we have come as close to my desired outcome as possible especially considering my high bridge and think nasal skin. I know I may need a few cortisone shots to bring my supra tip/ and fine tip down if I build excessive scar tissue. I also understand I won't see the 'final' result for up to 12 months. However, at 18 days, I am very please and can see the general shape and the great improvement in profile. I am SO happy with the early result and and can't wait for the future and final result that will be even better.
That being said, I want to warn all potential patients about the healing process and psychological impact of a rhinoplasty. Expecially if you are having quite a bit or change or tip work. You will NOT recognize yourself when the cast comes off and you will likely find your new nose totally incomprehensible. If you just have a bump removed or it straightened you may not have this reaction but if you have a downturned beak nose like I did and suddenly have a slightly upturned Blake Lively nose, the shock is very intense at the beginning. I felt I looked like Michael Jackson and also could not recognize myself and was terrified and even depressed. The good news is ...75+% of that or more is in your head. Its because your brain can't comprehend somebody's else's nose on your face and how it fits into the whole picture. I am only JUST starting to recognize myself and feel comfortable looking at myself in the mirror and and liking it more each day. It is a process....and people have to realize that like getting a BA or anything else, what it looks like at week 2 is not what it looks like at week 18...and you must get used to the nose on your face.
The other 25% is the fact that your tip is swollen, and taped up in piggy fashion. Yes, it DOES drop, lol, also swelling does not go down evenly, you may be bigger on one side that the other for awhile, and then it suddenly goes. Be sure to tape, be sure to treat your nose kindly and be sure that through this whole process, even though you think you look like another person.alien, only those closest to you will know you had ANYTHING done. ON the one hand, you're freaking that you look so altered, on the other hand you're freaking that nobody seems to notice the change!! lol, it goes to show, most of the panic is in your mind. I find that you start recognizing your face and enjoying your new nose about 20 days in. (people don't notice though, lol) I think I and will be ecstatic with my nose but the time the year is up.

Also I highly recommend watching googling 'crunchtoes rhinoplasty' on YouTube. She literally does a day by day through the first 14 days, that are the hardest, then pre one month, post one month, and the one year result is a WORLD a way from the 12 month result. So be patient, remember nobody else will notice, but by the time a year goes by, you will be a more fabulous you.
So happy already and glad I didn't panic too much. cheers all ~

Today was the first day I looked in the mirror and...

Today was the first day I looked in the mirror and really liked how I looked. It had taken 20 days to recognize myself and start to appreciate the changes.
I wasn't sure if ever look in the mirror and see myself there. But I do now, and love the change. Looking forward to the refinements over the coming months. To everyone with extensive work done, be patient. 2 weeks is not enough!!

I found plastic surgery simulator priceless in...

I found plastic surgery simulator priceless in conveying exactly how I wanted my nose to look post surgery so we were in the same page and could discuss, strategies and techniques. you have a bit more of a beakish nose like I did so if you get you downturn tip fixed you will probably be shocked for 20 days at least.. But trust me the changes between day 7 to day 30 are amazing.
It took this long for my swelling to stat evening and coming down, the tip to drop and my top lip to work.
Lol. When they say 2 weeks for healing they should specify that's : 2 weeks to go to work
It's more like 4 weeks to like your nose and recognize your face.
On day 15 my nose was very upturned and had dropped nicely.

Again, if you have just a minor change this will be much less profound.. But just wanted to give you the heads up to be patient.
Do also look at your surgeons before and after photos. How well has he done in other noses like yours? Is he just a plastic sugeon, or head and neck/rhino specialist?
What are his methods for reducing bump, projection, thinning bridge of defining or raising tip?

This is your face and to ensure the best result you want to address and attack each issue in advance. And that way you can also be sure that you've covered all the changes. Rhino is the kind if surgery that's best if performed only once, if you just have the bump removed but not the over projection fixed you may end up unhappy with a long straight nose this still hangs, for example. At least by morphing photos of yourself you and your suregeon will both understand what eachother means. Natural result could mean anything. Lol.
I think my result is natural, but it was an extreme change as far as shape change, but it may be too much or too little for somebody else. Walk some preferred after shots of yourself before you full commit and discuss each aspect thoroughly.

Finally, this is a delicate feature and major surgery. If you expect some awesome result at 7-21 days you are pretty unrealistic.
Even with my breast augmentation, it took 8 weeks to see a good shape, and that's just a simple boob!
Expect to go back to work at day 15 but don't expect to recognize your face/smile and like your nose yourself for 4 weeks.
Even then, huge changes come over a year.

Google 'crunchtoes' and watch her before, day one-month one-two and finally one year. The one month to year is very significant improvement. But I do agree by 6 weeks you should like the general shape. It's just to stiff, upturned and swollen the first three weeks so brace yourself for the shock and know it gets better VERY quickly after the third week, especially if your taping ... Good luck all!!

You will be glad you did your homework! Best wishes!
Dr. Kristina Zakhary

Found her online... So glad I did! I couldn't have had a more caring and professional experience. I had a breast augmentation done 9 years ago and has researched the right doctor for 2 years and this was not different. I chose Dr. Zakhary because I didn't want a breast implant surgeon who did 25 nose jobs a year doing my face!! Dr. Z is double board certified, and expert in facial plastic surgery and does approaching 20+ a month. Due to her extensive training and experience in doing so many I felt comfortable that she could handle my complex nose and desired finally result being able to handle complications along the way. I was extremely nervous going into the actual surgery and Dr. Z actually held my hand and talked me through the anesthesia process til I fell asleep. I also loved how she put up my desired after shots (simulations) in the surgical suite as a guide and made me feel very confident that we were working towards the same desired results. I love the way I always get a big smile and hug from Dr. Zahkary and I never feel as though I'm just a patient. It's personal, warm and I like that. The ONLY downside I ever experienced was that one time the wait period was a bit long for the in office...however, lol, i'm not surprised due to the popularity and was comfortable in one of the treatment rooms with some sparkling water. I also liked that they let my best friend accompany me for getting the tape/cast off. I would highly recommend Kristina as a surgeon and as a great person as well. I have some very specific comments about the rhinoplasty experience and preparation that I believe will be useful to all potential patients and am happy to answer any questions you may have. I should also add that she straightened my nose and worked some sort of magic inside because I don't snore anymore either! I feel like I got it all and more : ) Best wishes to all and much thanks to Dr. Zakhary : )

Your nose looks perfect and you are gorgeous! Your surgeon did a good job. I wish my nose had turned out like yours. If you have time please read my review on here. Ive had nothing but problems with my nose and went to the same surgeon 3x which was obviously a mistake on my part.
You look fantastic! And ur confidence shows. I'm so happy that you got the nose of your dreams. Thank u for sharing :)
We are just about pre-op nose twins. Your new nose looks fantastic and it's really well sculpted. I have my procedure scheduled for October, lots of wait time, but your results are very heartening. I particularly appreciate your segment on mentally and emotionally accepting the vast changes that happen. Personally, I'm looking for quite a bit of change, but that won't stop the second thoughts of "Oh crap, did I do the right thing?" Anyhow, you have lovely results (and really fantastic abs)!
whos your doctor?
How is your recovery going? Your nose looks great!
What simulation software did you use?
Nice nose. You're gorgeous. I'm on day 16 and enjoying my new nose as well, even with the swollen tip. My eyes are still lightly bruised/swollen though, making it look like I don't sleep. How long did it take for your eyes to be perfectly normal? Anyway glad you're enjoying your nose! Your surgeon did a good job.
Hi Greek Nose Girl! First of all let me tell you that you look so amazing! Love your new nose! and second of all Thank you so much for sharing your story! I almost cried! I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago today and have been crying and feeling sad. My nose was changed almost like yours (a lot) so I feel like Im a different person when I look in the mirror.I cry wich doesent help with the swelling.... reading your story has made me feel SO much better you have no idea. I cant thank you enough! I could really relate .... Id like to ask a few things if you dont mind, .... did you feel constipated and bloated after surgery? of so how long? and how do you do the taping on your nose? my surgeon didnt tell me anything abt that. And are you able to sleep on your side now? Thank you so much for sharing.

I agree, really gorgeous change!

really lovely result!
I'm 23 years old and have been considering rhinoplasty since I was a teenager (although my doctor recommended waiting until after I turned 18). The one thing that scares me the most is taking off that bandage and hating the result after the surgery. The pain and everything else doesn't bother me, but not liking the result is the biggest apprehension I have. I don't have an appointment and haven't seen a surgeon yet (simply cannot afford it as a full-time student right now), but seeing your story/results made me feel a lot better about the prospects of getting surgery. I noticed you said you were half middle-eastern (I am 100% middle-eastern, lol), so seeing this post brought my hopes up and made me realize that not all rhinoplasty surgeries will turn out bad. I really love your results, you look amazing! :)
Thank you so much! I'm only about 21 days now and I know from my friends who have had it done the real changes are by 3 months, 6 months and 12 months, so I'm very excited!!
very nice ...
WOW! your nose looks great !! :) keep up the fabulous progress !
Your nose looks beautiful. It goes perfectly with the rest of your features. Congrats!
Love it!! congrats :)

Wow! Your result is insanely fabulous! Thank you for posting your photos and story. I know without a doubt that this is going to helps lots of others.

Lol!! Insanely fabulous, love that line : ) I'm very happy. I have been taping diligently everyday and that really reduces the healing time and scar tissue formation. My doctor was amazing in describing the different techniques we'd use to gt the desired result. Open, shaving, deprojection, refining tip, lifting tip and defatting my thick skin so it would be visible. I'm half middle eastern so my skin on the tip was heavy and fatty/bulbous. Took real skill and grace to make it look defined at 18 days. Couldn't be happier. But it did take almost three weeks. It was just too shocking for me to comprehend at first. So give it three weeks folks. The first few are daunting! Thank you so much bye. : )
I hope it does help others. Especially those who had extensive work are shocked at their appearance at 2 weeks and afraid. It does get better very quicky into week three.
I am enjoying watching the subtle changes in my nose day by day and it is now a very exciting process. So glad I took the plunge!! : )
I absolutely LOVE how your nose turned out! You are beautiful! I live in Calgary as well, and had a consultation with Dr Zakhary a couple years ago, but was very hesitant to go threw with it. But after seeing how amazing your results are, I am calling her office Monday morning! :) Thank you for sharing!
She's really fantastic. I STRONGLY suggest you play with some before and after plastic surgery software and play with your nose to give an idea of your desired outcome. I don't think 'explaining' is quite enough and I think my good result is also based on my know exactly what I wanted, and know from extensive discussion, what was possible, and what wasn't. I will post more photos as I heal, I only have those two taken off my phone so I actually look better in real non-fish eye lens. Follow up with her. It took me over a year from my follow up to get to the operation, but so glad i did and looking forward to the final result. Yep, it takes 6-12 months, but looking pretty good already!! Cheers ~ A
Good for you! Can't wait to see the pictures!