2nd Degree Burn - Calgary, AB

I just went to a consultation to remove brown...

I just went to a consultation to remove brown spots from my face. I am Latin decent so she said it would be perfect... I actually felt very confident. She was a good spoke person. She actually offer to do a small test on my neck......HUGE MISTAKE...!!

It hurt so much and I had asked her to stop, she just said that is how its done... After done she put a cold gel to stop the burning... This was done 3 days ago... But I have blisters in my neck and it is so burn and dark almost purple. I went to the doctor this morning and he confirmed the 2nd degree burn... I am so lucky it was not my face... But now I am on antibiotics and creams to prevent infection.

I just can't believe it... When I called back to tell them what had happened the owner of the spa just told me :"well your skin is so dark we knew it was not going to work... Just use polisporin... You will be fine"
I really did my research prior I just don't understand what happpend. Worse part my neck looks so horrible , blister and the wounds are bleeding

Please be careful.... IPL is not as safe as it seems

La casa day spa

They explain my questions and were nice to me but as soon as I started having the bad reaction everything changed. Really rude, not a tiny bit of compassion total care free... Need to mentioned I signed a release when I went in... So now they just want to get rid of me.

no wonder it was only 90 dollars the lady who did this had no idea what she was doing ! the gel should have been put on before she did the ipl or you can seriously burn as well as the fact that you are latin you should not have had ipl done period those idiots should have known this

Hi Jessi,

Wow, that's horrible. I second cveroleyva's sentiment on the fact that at least it's only a spot on your neck and not your whole face. Hope it heals up soon. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the review,

-Britt

Ipl wasn't safe for me. You really have to trust your provider, and trust that the machine itself is up to par. I'm hispanic, and there seems to be alot of confusion as to whether we should be treated or not. It might just not be worth the risk for you. Thank goodness it wasn't done on your face. But if they knew it wouldn't work, I'd call them and tell them to pay for your doctor bills and your medication. That's crazy! Shame on them.