Just Had It Done, Can't Wait to See Results - Calgary, AB

I recently lost about 20 pounds and still have a...

I recently lost about 20 pounds and still have a little pooch of fat in my lower abdomen area. I heard that cool sculpting could get rid of it when all of my exercise & diet seemed to do nothing. The fact that it was an alternative to a surgical procedure and no downtime really appealed to me.

I went in and the girl explained everything to me, what it would feel like, all of the possible side effects etc. We did some before pictures and then went into the room to get started. She put a gooey cold piece of fabric over the area which she said is to help protect the skin. When the machine was ready to go she said there would be a lot of suction and it might be a little painful for the first 5-10 min until my skin got numb.

When she put the machine on my tummy I kind of giggled at first cuz it kind of tickled and was super strange. Then it was very uncomfortable and i started to get a little panicky and sweaty (I don't really know why it just seemed a little intense) that went away within like 5 minutes and i started to feel better. She got me some pillows and made me super comfy then said she would be back in a bit to check on me. I tried reading to keep me occupied but ended up having a nap so I guess it really wasn't that bad at all.

When the hour was up she said I might not want to watch her take the machine off cuz my skin/fat would look like a lump of butter in the shape of how it got sucked into the machine. So I closed my eyes and she took it off. It was kind of stinging and painful at first then she massaged the area for a few minutes and it started feeling ok. The only pain I had was like having mild menstrual cramps.

She warned me about bruising and pain etc. But I didn't bruise at all (and I bruise pretty easy) I still had cramp like feelings for the next day. Now, 3 days later, my tummy is still kinda numb and also feels a little sunburnt but not bad at all. I will update when I start seeing results, and get some pics from their office to post when we do after photos.

almost 2 weeks after treatment

Just thought I would add what I went through in the last week or so. From about day 4 to day 7 the area I had treated felt like it was numb and sunburned. I was in a little pain, it was like I was wearing jeans that were 2 sizes too small and they were digging in really badly (even when I was wearing sweatpants) and I was getting zinging shooting little pains in the area, sometimes they just made me itchy and other times it took my breath away a little. All in all, nothing I couldn't deal with. No painkillers needed. So it has been 12 days and i am still a little numb but that's pretty much it. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Office Staff of Dr. Dawes

The girl who did my treatment was great, friendly, reassuring, had had the treatment herself so she knew it from experience.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad the worst part is over. :) Are you taking photos every few weeks? This is really helpful to visualize the results.