Some Concerns About Rhinoplasty - Calgary, AB

Hi I had rhinoplasty 2.5 months ago to make my...

Hi
I had rhinoplasty 2.5 months ago to make my nose narrow and reduce the width of my nose bridge, I liked my profile. After 2 weeks of my surgery i like my nose because it looked narrower than before. But the problem now is my nose looks than the 2 weeks post op and it looks bigger from the side. I have thick and oily skin my injected me steroid after 2 months my surgery because she said that i have swelling on my left side of nose. My question is will my profile change after all the swelling goes away or it will always look so big.
Calgary Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi there. It is nearly 4 months since my surgery and my nose is definitely bigger than after cast removal, so I know in time it will return to that delicate size straight after cast removal. Swelling lies so try to to stress and join the rest of us in the "learning to be patient" club.
Sorry "not" stress!
I had my rhinoplasty 1 year ago and it really did take up to a full year for everything to fall into place. My nose shape would vary drastically from month to month; sometimes I'd be happy with it and other times I'd be miserable. Everyone says you just need to be very patient and I undterstand it's hard to be optimistic and not worry too much, especially since it's your face and not something you can hide, but it really does get better, I swear! I love my nose now and it is much more contoured and defined than it was even a couple of months ago. From what I understand, there will be continuous, subtle changes for years and the nose will continue to get smaller and more refined looking. Hang in there. I think your nose looks great for just 2.5 months!

If it helps at all, I don't think your new nose looks the least bit piggy. To me (a non-expert), it looks good and still swollen. Thanks for sharing and please let us know how you do as you continue to heal.

From what I have read, if you liked your nose right after cast removal, then you will end up liking it in the end. However, swelling and scarring can occur over time and slightly change your result; that is probably why your doctor gave you a steroid shot. All things considered, any reputable doctor is going to tell you that it is too early to make any final judgements. You are still in the healing stage, and this lasts for approximately one year. You can ask questions on here to the doctors; I do not have the link, so you will have to search for it. Good luck! Btw, your nose looks nice!
Im 6 weeeks post op and everyday I feel like my nose looks different. Somedays I think it looks bigger then others. We will have swelling for up to a year. Your diet can also influence how you nose looks as in high sodium can cause swelling.