Worth It but Be Needs Patience - Cairo, Egypt

I had my rhinoplasty exactly a week ago,...

I had my rhinoplasty exactly a week ago, everything in my nose was fixed, the bone, the tip, the septum, my nose was pretty messed up, but I did it for cosmetic reasons though, I wanted to look good, and I've been wanting to do it since I was a teenager. I am now 23.

Right after surgery, I felt great, did not feel any pain, only a serious congestion. But the next day, I started experiencing pain and even more congestion, my ears, nose and eyes were about to explode, and I could not sleep at all. My surgeon is one of the best world wide though,and was recommended by many, so I trusted him completely. By the third day, I reached the maximum pain and discomfort caused by congestion since I had this surgery, the problem was not mainly the pain though, in my opinion and in my case, the problem was having to breath through my mouth all night, which caused me to get cold sores and mouth ulcers, and feeling that congested was awful, eating was also a problem, but as soon as I started eating well, I started to feel good.

By the fourth day I started feeling a lot better,but was still annoyed by the congestion that caused me headaches and the fact that I couldn't taste or smell anything. My surgeon told me to stay away from pain killers as I did not need them anymore since i was only experiencing congestion, he also did not want me to take any sleeping pills, so that I wouldn't fall into deep sleep and bump my nose into anything, but that if I should take any pills, then I should take something as gentle as panadol extra along with my antibiotic, I couldn't find any at home and it was late at night and I couldn't sleep at all because of the congestion, I found a couple of panadol cold and flu pills, I took them thinking that they might be better than nothing, the result was AMAZING! I slept well that night, the congestion was a lot less, the next day I started taking 2 pills regularly every 6 hrs, and it was simply a bliss, by the sixth day the congestion was nearly gone, I felt no pain at all, no headaches, no swelling, nothing!

Today is the seventh day, everyone keeps telling me that am looking so good, my nose turned to look great, I could tell even though the splint is still on! Am feeling so good, the swelling is all gone, and am so thankful for my new nose and loving it!

Congratulations! Can you please share your before and after?

Thank you for sharing here on RealSelf. I'm glad you like your results so far! The congestion and dry mouth is really rough. It looks like you found something that works for you, though. Did your doctor say it was okay to take?

We'd love to see before and after photos (you can even blur our your eyes if that makes you more comfortable).

Hooray for success stories!

Thanks!! and yeah i will be putting posting pics as soon as i get he splint removed, am actually going to get it removed today! and yeah the doctor said it was okay since it was still considered a gentle medication.

Dr. Hossam Foda