mini lifts only pull skin and what kind of tissue? but not face muscle? -CA

Hello I'm still in my researching mode of what's...

Hello I'm still in my researching mode of what's better and longer results with a full facelift...still no luck. I went to see two Doctors in Sa n Diego both of them do not believe in a mini lift since it only pulls skin is that true? Doctors? or anyone have face done I'm 52 hardly face and neck loose I just need to look youthful . Is it true bout this please help I'm confused. I want to do mini with fat transferred since my eyes have some hollowness that's all thanks much! all

The skin is separated from the muscle, the muscle is lifted and tacked, the excess skin is cut away and new line formed and reattached. I had a neck lift done too. I thought the complete face lift was too extreme. I'm three weeks out from my surgery and I feel great!
Hi Kayan...nice to hear you are doing well! I too just had the mini lift. I felt that I am going to age gracefully, but I don't, or can't look 25 again. How are you now? Any numbness in the ears?
Not from the mini lift but from the neck lift. My left ear is numb but others who've had it done told me it takes a few months but the feeling will come back. I won't look 25 again but 50 something isn't bad. I've lost about 50lbs and my face showed it with all of the loose skin.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf!

If you'd like to address doctors, you should post a question in the Q&A community where they will be sure to see your inquiry.

Here's what some doctors say about mini lifts vs. full facelifts. I hope you find it helpful.

Please use this space to keep us posted on your journey. It will hopefully be a great source of support for you as well as helpful to others going through anti-aging procedures.