Caused Orbital Fat Loss - NOT WORTH IT! - California, CA

I started using the generic version of Latisse on...

I started using the generic version of Latisse on June 15, 2010. Shortly after, I experienced very rapid hollowing of my eyes, both upper and lower. It did make my eyelashes longer, but they were already long to begin with. It was so not worth it, I should never have tried! The problem is, orbital fat loss was not on the list of potential side effects so how would I have known?

I've only just now stopped using it because I just found out that bimatoprost can cause eye hollowing. I have mixed feelings about whether I want the fat loss to be reversible because I had fat grafting for my upper eyelids a year and a half ago. I don't want my upper eyelid fat to return, but I do want my under eyes to go back to normal. I look really tired no matter how much sleep I get all the time and I hate it. The lower eyelids seem to be a very tricky area to fix too. I really think these drug companies should be held responsible. There is a study from 2008 that suggests bimatoprost can cause orbital fat loss. There's no excuse why they shouldn't put it on the list of potential side effects!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I believe the product also caused blurry vision...

I believe the product also caused blurry vision for me. My eyesight was stable for 10 years, but after using Careprost my eyesight has been going downhill! Blurry vision is an effect of lowered pressure in the eye. I only used the product once a week and had these horrible side effects. Doesn't seem like only one drop per eye per week would be able to do so much damage. :( I really hope my conditions start to improve soon.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Depressed

I am so depressed. It has been six weeks since I stopped using Careprost and there are no signs of improvement. When will it start getting better? Also, lawyers don't seem to think anything can be done about this. :(

Hi there- I posted a reply on the other page- meant to post here but look on the other post about periobital change due to latisse:)
I'm so sorry! It did take mine a really long time to reverse- and I have otherwise really thick (or fatty) eye lids by nature due to lack of epi fold (Asian eyelid) so maybe my return to baseline was faster than what someone with the same amount of fat 'loss'. In other words, it took me a long time to be able to notice the loss because of how thick my eyelid is naturally and maybe the 'thickness' helped it change back to pre latisse. Does that make sense? I'm trying to give you hope because the amount of change was huge- from full Asian eye to appearing like I had one western and one Asian eye. Now when I tried it again for two weeks to see if this was real I saw a tiny bit of loss and stopped at the first sign of change. I'm sorry about the legal stuff too! If I can help let me know
When I say I used myself as a research project I don't mean I did it to myself on purpose! It occurred over time using Latisse. I stopped and it wooly reversed itself. Curiousity got the better of me (am a researcher at heart and I hoped the effect was not from latisse- and it had reversed. Although my lashed amazingly did not go back to their pre use sparseness or length they were also not near the treatment outcome effect for which I had used it...so I thought hmmm interesting, I will just use it for two weeks. BAM- left eye periobital fatloss!)