Lifestyle Lift Review - Burlington, MA

My sister and I decided to look into the Lifestyle...

My sister and I decided to look into the Lifestyle Lift after seeing it advertised on TV. We are both in our 60's with the usual "turkey neck" issues. I went for it, my sister did not. It was rush, rush, rush in order to receive the "special going on just now." Without really knowing what was involved, even after trying to get answers out of the consultant, I had the basic lift. It did not come out well. When I went for my "glam shots" the doctor asked me if I was satisfied. I said, "Not really." Then he said, "we can fix that." This involved another procedure to remove the extra skin pockets. He tried but now I have an added "z" shaped scar under my chin, it shows, and I can live with that, but it's still bumpy. I regret having it done on an out-patient basis. If I had it to do over, I'd get a plastic surgeon who wasn't in a hurry and go into a hospital where I wouldn't feel anything or have nightmares for months afterwards. My opinion is they keep you in the dark about what the actual procedure entails - freezing with Novocain, I can't even count how many shots! Then cutting in the front and the back of your ears, then pulling, pulling, pulling. My doctor removed the muscle under my chin, which he said I didn't need, although the other surgeons do a corset stitch. If he hadn't removed that muscle, I probably would not have the bumps and pockets in that area. But it's done. If I knew it was going to come out like this, I would not have done it. If you are considering having a Lifestyle Lift, my suggestion would be to skip it and go see a plastic surgeon who can devote his whole attention to you for the short time you'll be there. It will cost a little more but if it comes out nice, it would be worth it.
Hi, thank you for sharing your story. It is telling when a company "Rushes" you into a decision which can be life changing and when they start telling you the "special" is going to run out soon, RUN. Ladies, this is your face. Please take the time to get a second opinion from a reputable surgeon in your area. Go by referrals, others who are happy with their lifts. I wish you the best and hope you find a solution to your problem. Chrystal.
Hi, Chrystal, Thank you for sharing your story also. I just read it along with all the comments that followed. It's just sad. I am so sorry about what happened to you.
Yea, me too and I also feel for all the women and men who keep falling for the HYPE instead of taking the time to really research the SURGERY. The operative word here is surgery, which it is. It is not a procedure, new or innovative and all those other fancy buzz words that they like to use. It is not copyrighted (the logo is though), this surgery has been around for a long time. It is sad that you are met by a woman dressed like she is a medical professional. They should make her wear a name tag that says "I EARN COMMISSION" on every deal closed. For the women who are happy, I am so glad that you are not having to live through what many of us have. Just take the time to really research this surgery, you only have one face. Best to all, Chrystal.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I liked my doctor - Dr. Weikel. He sang while giving me the Novocain which really helped me not to focus on the pain. I appreciate that he tried to fix my chin rather than just leave it as bad as it was. And he did that without me asking; he offered. He seemed concerned, although I never heard from one single person after the second procedure.