Anxiously Waiting! - Buffalo, NY

I'm hoping everything turns out. Very excited...

I'm hoping everything turns out. Very excited hoping this nasty pouch will be gone after. 30 years! I'm hoping I can tolerate the pain I have had 5 c sections. I know my fiancé and my kids are a little scared but I have confidence in my choice of a ps. As long as I have my Family supporting me and all the supplies I need I will do fine. Luckily my oldest is 13 and she's a great help!!

Changes are on there way! Keep us posted...
My surgery is feb 3 so i will be watching your results with anticipation. Good luck
Best wishes for a great surgery. Keep us posted, we are here for you!

TummyTuck

I got my papers today to have a EKG and blood work done. It's getting closer I'm really excited ! I had a doctors appt yesterday I actually lost 20 lbs.. Don't no how it happened wasn't trying. My doctor has me on the schedule for Jan 21st at 6:15 am.

Great! Congrats, it won't be long now. I'm having mine on the 27th of Jan, so we'll be healing together. I'm lucky, I have a great family too. So I think we'll both do well. Best wishes and keep us posted.

Tummy Tuck

23 Days! Made my appointment for blood work and EKG. Took another pic of my belly. I am so excited, I'm obsessed with this site I'm on here all the time constantly reading everybody's experiences and it really helps a lot. My fiance really doesn't talk about me doing this I think he's a little nervous that I am doing this at my age.. We only have been together 3 years, but I have been wanting to do this for over 20 years for me!! I know I will feel so much better about myself I don't let him see me undressed he would probably run ( lol) I think once it gets closer he will be on board or when I'm out of surgery and awake! I will post again in a few weeks when I get closer to my date.. Thanks, Jill

TT

It's getting closer I'm so excited. I go see my Ps on the 6 th my fiancé is going with me I think having him there with me he will no a lot more about what's gona happen and what his duties will be to take care of me! I told him my daughter would stay with me for a few days but he said we will be fine, I don't know I guess he will see when he goes to my appt with me on the 6 th. We have 1 bathroom in our house (13) steps up. He doesn't believe in any kind of surgery unless it can save your life. But to me I really need to do this I feel so insecure about myself with how my stomach looks and if I can change it I will.. I will update more after I see my ps next wk. I do have a question should I get a shower chair? Thanks, Jill

how did you get a 9.00 bill?
Its good that he is coming with you.

Almost time!

We'll I went to my ps appt today he took pics gave me my scripts got them filled of course my insurance didn't cover it. That's okay, it's getting closer I asked about a shower chair they said don't waste the money you can do sponge bath or get a hand held shower wand. Just wanted to update I can't wait to see what I looks like
after over 20 yrs of this belly. Thinking about all this makes me feel like it's been forever my oldest daughter will be 31 on the 10th. That's how long I wanted this done plus (5) kids later! So I will keep you all posted as I get closer. Thanks, Jill

I am also scheduled on 1/21/14! Good luck and a speedy recovery to you. I'm anxious and a little nervous as well. Looking forward to sharing stories. My preoperative work up is on Monday 1/13/14.
I have read a lot of people here say they have used a plastic outdoor chair in the shower. I think its a grear idea.
I never thought about the plastic chair good idea thank you.

T.T

Getting closer I bought my compression garment today. Bought a few bigger size sweats and button up shirts to bum around in while recovering. Got my bloodwork done and I have my appt Tuesday at my primary to clear me for my surgery on the 21st... Fingers are crossed that everything goes well.. Super nervous and excited! Not gona miss this big pouch. Luckily most of my kids are able to take care of me and make me dinner (finally) lol. I'm thinking about making them my slaves for a few weeks. Not gona have another chance for them to wait on me I should enjoy it while I can. Thanks. I will let you know if I get cleared on Tuesday.

Hi! I am in Buffalo, NY too :-) I didn't use Dr. Giacobbe though. I have a review on here as well. Had my tummy tuck 11/6/2013. Anxious for your review and pics!
How exciting...I'll bet you'll be fine. Keep us posted.
Good luck on your blood work. Im sure it will be fine then...nothing can stop you!

T.T

Ok so last 2 nights (Sunday and Monday) then off I go. Getting a little scared and nervous about the pain. Can someone let me know how it went right after surgery in recovery? Jill

Good luck to you.... When you wake up your either going to be sore, in pain, or both. Take it slow just in case you are nauseated. Make sure you keep up on your pain meds even if you are not feeling that bad. It sneaks up on you...
Im sooo excited for you!

T.T

Ok so it's the nite before Surgery I'm laying in bed and can't sleep even though I have to be up by 5:15. Very excited! I'm praying everything's gonna go good. I'm not scared at all can't wait to see the new me. I will post pics and info on how it was when I get home. They say surgery is about 3 hrs then recovery. Talk to you all tomorrow .

Thinking about you today...safe surgery and speedy recovery...(((HUGS)))
Wooohoo, tomorrow's the big day! Good luck and post an update as soon as you can! Happy healing hun.

TT

I made it. A little sore and walking is brutal, I just wanna sleep. I will post more in a few hrs. Thanks, Jill

Happy healing hun! Can't wait to see ur results!
Wonderful. Rest, hugs and healing
Good luck! I hope you have a fast recovery!

TT

We'll I made it through the nite. Sleeping in my bed was not a good idea but my Dr told my fiancé since my bathroom was upstairs for me to stay up there and try to sleep in my bed with pillows propped up very uncomfortable! So I'm staying on my Recliner. Not in to much pain but my throat hurts I'm guessing it's probably from the tube they put down there during surgery. My drains are doing good. I go to Dr in the morning for my first look at my New Stomach can't wait. I'm going to lay down for a while still very tired.

Rest up and get back to us when ur up to it.
Rough night. I'm so sore and tired. I'm going for my first dr appt today since my surgery, maybe I will get to see under my garment. Nervous and excited I hope I start to feel better soon. I will update after my appt. jill

Tt

Just got home from Dr he said everything's doing good. The drains are draining at the right amount. He took off the garment and I got to see it looks really good, I will post some pics soon he wants me to wash my garment and put on my other one and change the gauze later tonight.

Welcome to the flat side! I also tried to sleep in the bed right away but it didn't work. I was so uncomfortable and trying not to use my stomach muscles was horrible. Can't wait to see pics and hope you get some rest.
Hi...I left you a comment on Jan 16th. I am in Buffalo as well! I had Dr. Rigan do my surgery though. Hope you're healing well! I slept in my bed the whole time. I had 5 pillows under my head and 3 under my legs. How is it having drains? My surgeon did not use drains. Welcome to the flat side!
Hi I'm sorry not sure why I didnt get the comment. I'm doing good very tired hard to sleep. My Ps wants me to stay upstairs ( that's where my bathroom and bedroom are) I tried the 1st nite to sleep in my bed I was in so much pain. You mentioned u slept in your bed fine. As for my drains everything is going good with them went to Dr this morning he said they are draining a good amount. What did you do with no drains? How are you feeling?

TT

It's been 4 days since my Tt. Still hard to get comfortable in a sleeping position I did put tons of pillows under my head, feet and sides. I did sleep for about 5 hrs ( took a pain pill) right before bed. Dr told me to only use the stairs once a day. I feel like I'm grounded in my room! But I got my Kids and Fiancé waiting on me or at least trying.. I took of my Garment today to wash it looks pretty good I took a few pictures. Honestly I have to say if I weren't on pain meds I would be hurting. I am so happy I did this.. If anyone is having second thoughts don't you will be so glad you did it!!

Tt day 4

Day 4

Help! Still haven't been able to go to the Bathroom.. :( any suggestions???
Fantastic news. Glad your feeling ok.
Congrats on your surgery! I hope your recovery goes smooth. My biggest fear is sleeping too. I don't sleep all that well in bed, so I'm thinking I'll have some long nights! Have you found a comfortable spot yet? Have you had a chance to take a peek at your incision yet?

Tt

5days since my surgery feeling really good except the (bathroom issue) can't go:(. My stomach is hurting probably since I haven't gone to the bathroom since Monday I'm using Mom hopefully it helps. The pain pills are working very good. I take them through out the day and a soon as I go to bed and first thing when I get up in the morning. I have NO regrets at all. I feel so much better and I know I'm gona be so much happier when I'm completely healed!! So good luck to any of you Ladies who decide to get a Tummy Tuck. Worth it. Have a nice day!

Im so happy that you are happy. Good on you!
Hi Jilly1120 I don't mean to butt in but, try either milk of magnesia or a good probiotic like ultimate flora (25 billion different live bacteria species), both worked pretty well for me after surgery….
I had the same issues but as soon as I quit taking ny pain pills I went back to normal. However, while I was taking my pain meds it was rough. I took milk of magnesia to help.

Tt

It's been a week today since my Tt. I'm feeling really good! My drains are barely filling I'm hoping that's a good sign. I go to my ps on Thursday. I feel so thin I'm sleeping pretty good a little pain when I try and turn over but I can deal with that. I will post some pics when I change my dressing. Have a good day!! Jill

Oops welcome, typo :)
Congrats! We Come to the flat side, I rented a lift recliner, so glad I did. I would of not know about it if it were not for this awesome site!
Feeling so much better today. I go to my ps tomorrow for my 9 day check hopefully one of my drains will come out. I have a concern I get a stomach ache ever now and then I'm wondering if it's from the cg to tight? I sneezed today oh my god I thought I split a stitch it was so painful. I will let everyone know the outcome of my dr visit tomorrow..

Tt

Went for my 9 day po check up I got one drain removed hurt a bit for about 3 seconds. And the stitches taken out. I feel good, still no driving no lifting he said just lay around and do nothing until my next appt next Thursday..

Hello everyone. I'm feeling so good today surgery was the 21st of January. Dr wants me to rest and do nothing, it's really hard to sit and do nothing I'm starting to get bored but I don't want to do anything to mess up my recovery so I guess i will just lay around until my appt on Thursday. He said my last drain will come out then.
Yay one down!
Sounds like you're having a pretty good recovery! Soon you'll be free of the drain and pain free! :)`

Tt

Hi ladies it's been 13 days since my Tummy Tuck. Just giving you an update on how I'm doing I took a few pictures 1 drains still in all the stitches are out. I go back to the dr on Thursday. I'm sleeping ok a little pain from the drain and. The cg is a little uncomfortable, but I feel so thin and very happy that my excess fat is finally gone! I will update after my appt on Thursday...

Lookin good, you gotta be happy. Continued good healing ;-)

Tt

Hello. Got my last drain out today. Yay! Dr said everything's looking good healing nicely. Still no driving til I go back next Thursday. The good thing is I can SHOWER tomorrow finally.... He said keep doing what I've been doing which is nothing! I'm Going crazy not being able to drive where I want.... But I no in the long run my dr knows what's right for me so I guess I won't be driving..

Sounds like its all coming together beautifully. Im day 3 and amazingly got my drains out today so my first shower will be tomorrow
Congrats, looking good! Feels great to get that peaty drain out!
Pesty

Tt

Hi. I have a question if anyone can help.. I had my Tt Jan 21st I'm healing good but I have pains in both my sides it feels like a burning feeling I know I'm still swollen anyone have this feeling? Thanks, Jill

Tt

I went to my PS appt for my 3 wk check up he said I have fluid in my belly. So he numbed the area and tried to drain the fluid out didn't get a lot out so he said do nothing the next week until I go back to him Thursday.. :(. I knew something was wrong I am having pains in my stomach.oh well I guess I'm going to do nothing the next week and everything will turn out ok.

Tt

Still having a lot of pain in my stomach. I know it's fluid I can feel something's not right. I'm sure when I go back To my Ps Thursday he will try to drain more fluid out. I hope it works this time it's very painful.

Went for my 1 month appt today. Dr said everything's looking good. He managed to drain some fluid this time, feels a little better. He said not to drive a lot to take it slow. Keep wearing the Garment. I'm happy about that I feel really good. Haven't gotten on the scale at all since before the Surgery and I'm not gona!! Waiting until Spring to try on any of my clothes don't wanna get depressed...
I hope some of the swelling goes down for me,I travel in April.
I hope your ps can drain it and give you some relief soon.

T.T

It's been almost 2 Months since my Surgery. I'm feeling really good. No exercising yet my doctor said so I've just been walking (we got a new puppy) so taking care of him with walks and playing in the yard is exercise for me! I go back to my ps the end of the Month.. I bought a new cg last wk and it's so comfortable Dr wants me to wear one 24/7 thank god it's comfy. It feels so weird to not have my Stomach anymore. I went shopping for a new bathing suit (Bikini) very brave haven't wore one of those since I was a teenager. It's gona be scary wearing it I'll stay by my Pool til I'm more Comfortable. So I will keep everyone posted on my dr appt. Have a good night!!

Tummy tuck

Hi everyone it's been a while since I've been on here. Got a new Puppy! So needless to say he's been keeping me busy! I'm doing very good I feel so happy I got my Tummy tuck in January. My stomach is so flat and it looks really awesome. I will post pics in a little bit. Just wanted to update to let everyone who's thinking about getting a Tt. It's the best thing I did for myself I'm so happy with my results...

Tummy Tuck