Laser Tattoo Removal - Buffalo, NY

Hello, I am writing to inquire about laser tattoo...

Hello, I am writing to inquire about laser tattoo removal. I have a partial half sleeve of an owl in a tree with a moon and night's sky behind it, and in addition to that I also have a puzzle piece in the same area. I am writing because I feel completely hopeless and I am trying to remain positive while researching what my options are. My spouse and I got the puzzle pieces together and about a half a year later I got an owl in a tree. I completely loved my tattoos, until last December when I had the same tattoo artist add in the nights sky and moon. It wasn't that bad but definitely needed some touching up. I decided to go back to the same artist in March (So I would have time to heal before summer and be able to wear my favourite tops) which was the biggest mistake of my life. After tattooing my spouse the artist completely forgot I had made an appointment too, he seemed very annoyed, texted while he got the colours ready, and ended up using the completely wrong colour blue that he decided to blast all into the inner side of my tattoo. I was completely devastated. After that point, I was looking into laser tattoo removal but everyone told me I was silly and that it was fixable. So, just a few weeks ago I went to another artist (One who has a very good reputation) and he added a frame to the top to fix the messy lines, blended the sky at the top using more blue and black, re-outlined the tree and owl and added white stars on top of the 2.5" blue sky. Although it looks a lot better, I feel even more devastated then before, because it's still not what I had originally wanted. As you can see from the pictures attached, there is a lot of colour in my tattoo, and now even more colours that were added being the ones that I've read are harder to remove. I have now realized way too late that tattoos are not for me and I never should have gotten even one, I just want them gone. The way that I feel about my arm now has completely taken over my life, and consumes me. It's become my deepest darkest secret that I now hide from the world. It is starting to effect my work, social life, marriage and my self image and confidence has been completely shattered. I feel selfish for acting and feeling this way because I know a lot of people have it way worse than a silly tattoo, but I cannot seem to get past this. I have resorted to buying skin coloured sleeves to hide behind, but have still not found ones that work that well. I wish someone would just come out of no where to tell me they can help me and it can be gone, because I don’t know how I will ever bounce back from this if it can’t.
Thanks for the review, I think your tattoo looks gorgeous- like many have said here before. But I understand your regret, I've been there too and still am. I started laser removal almost a year ago,just to get it started was a big relief. I haven't been as active with is as I could've been (I've had 4 full laser removals so far) and have paid for 3 more,that are still to come(and even that won't be enough). I have grown so much and seeing the fading in my colorful rose tattoo that I've been so ashamed of and hated so much is bringing up so many emotions that eventually will only help me heal from this and become stronger. I think the worst thing to go through is by doing this all alone, this is why even just writing to this forum can be so helpful. I suggest you to get started with the process of removal, go for consultation and "do something about it". It makes you feel so much better. And let all the emotions come out and deal with them, don't push them away..there's no reason to be smiling all the time if you're hurting a lot, be true to yourself and let all the anger come out for good,then you can let the happiness come back in :-) this is just my opinion but I hope it can help others too,I've been there and still am. My tattoo has faded drastically but it's not gone what so ever, what is gone is my deep regret, I've finally forgiven myself :-)
Thanks for your positive post!! Its good to know others are on the same page as me. Would u mind posting a pic of your progress?
Thanks for your comment. I have been feeling a little better over the past few days, but I'm still up and down a lot. My tattoo is a constant thought that never goes away, whether I'm thinking about something that makes me happy, something fun I'm about to do, getting up in the morning to get ready for work..... It doesn't ever go away, the thought is always mixed into everything else. I know that a lot of people think my tattoo looks beautiful, but I feel completely ashamed... and no longer feel beautiful as me. It's a shame I didn't realize what I had before I "ruined" it. Anyway, I have purchased some skin coloured sleeves that I now wear and am starting therapy to try and get some help. I would love to start the whole process now, but I am no where near financially set to start treatments with Picosure. I feel that Picosure is my only option to get rid of all my colour. Anyway, I hope your future treatments go well for you. Stay strong.

Feelings of sadness

... I have so much to look forward to right now but all I can do is stress over my arm. I've tried to reach out to doctors with no response. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life having to look at it and feel this way. I keep praying that it will be a cold summer so I can hide behind my clothes.
It might be *because you have so much to do that you can't concentrate on anything but your arm, if you're anything like me. And we are in similar boats in that the actual tattoos are quite nice, but they're also strongly associated with negative circumstances or environments or mindsets and that's why we don't like them. I think yours might have something to do with the attitude of the tattooist. I do like yours. I think the frame is especially nice. And colours *never* stay that bright. Yours will fade to a dull, dusty blue like all other blue tattoos do within a few years (even if you don't immediately get removal.) You should visit http://fucknobadtattoos.tumblr.com . Might make you feel better.
Thanks for the message, I do have a lot going on in my life but I am completely consumed with ugly feelings. Letting my feelings out on this site makes me feel a little better though. As for "bad tattoos" tv shows, websites or anything I just can't look at them because I honestly feel like mine is the worst :(
aloha Geamrok,  Blackberry11 has given some wonderful advice, ideas and support.  She is a wonderful supportive person that I am honoured to call a friend.  We met right here on this forum.  She has listened to me as I cry and relive the horrible mistake that is my ink regret.  I ended up in therapy, thinking there was something wrong with me.  I sat in that therapist's office for hours upon hours wondering what I did wrong, why didn't I see the signs. And through it all it becomes abundantly clear that it is simply a mistake.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It doesn't reflect who you are, it only reflects a mistake.  We are human.  One thing that I've learned over this past year is that removing it will be wonderful and it will be worth it.  Yes, it's going to take time and yes it's going to take money, but the ink is not for me.  I love my other tattoos but this ink has made me feel that that body part is not my own.  There's me and then there's the ink.  I'm trying really hard to ignore the ink regret, some days are better than others.  Graduate school keeps me very busy and I don't focus on it as much, but in the wee hours of the morning when I see it, I think "oh you're still here".  Now I'm going to say things, that maybe Blackberry11 has already said, but they bare repeating.  None of this reflects who you are.  You are human, it's just a mistake.  If you can't share your feelings with you spouse because you think they won't understand then share here.  Sharing is important in releasing stress.  It's a b*tch this ink regret and we need all the support we can get.  If you haven't had a consultation, think about getting one done.  Knowing your options is good for the soul, I felt so relieved after my consultation, it gave me hope.  Keep us updated and know that the ink is just a mistake, not a reflection on you.  aloha...k

Skin coloured sleeves

For the last 2 weeks I've been wearing my skin coloured arm sleeve. Although it's noticeably not my skin, I feel better not having to look at my tattoo. I think most people assume that I have gotten hurt, but I'm not too concerned about what others think about me as much as I do. If it weren't for finding these sleeves on the net I don't think I would leave the house at this point. In this pic I'm wearing a type of sleeve called "Geri-sleeves" that I found on Amazon at $8.00 for a package of 2 (But I have to double them up because they are a little thin and then attach it to the shoulder of my bra with pins so that it doesn't fall down) ... I also ordered some from Ink Armour that I have to return for a bigger size, but they seem like they may stay up on there own. Ink Armour also has many types of sleeves and sizes... for arms, legs, and small and big tattoos. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I think it was all just a dream, but then I look down and realize this is my reality. If you have any type of tattoo that you absolutely hate then I strongly advise buying some skin coloured sleeves until you have the money to do something about it. For now... this is me.
I know how you feel. I have my consultation for removal the day after tomorrow though so I'm really excited. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted just knowing that I'm going to speak to someone that can advise me further. I can't wait to begin the treatment :-)
Is it with Picosure? What is your tattoo like?
I'm in the UK, and can't seem to find many clinics that do Picosure, and if they do it's quite a distance away from where I live. The clinic where I'm going use the Q-switched Ruby laser. My tattoo is mainly black so I'm hoping to not have much trouble with it, although it is a cover-up of a smaller colourful butterfly so I don't know how that will work out. At the moment I'm just glad I'm going to see someone and get some questions answered by a professional. Until (and even after) my appointment I'll still be doing plenty of research (especially on Picosure) so I can decide which will be the best. I've carried this around with me for 4 years now, so I'm really trying to get this decision right!! x

Doctors?

I've really been trying hard lately to inquire about removal, but no one cares to get back to me. Does anyone know why doctors aren't commenting on my review? I hope it's not because there's no hope for me :( Feeling super bummed out lately.
I've found a tattoo removal option. I've recently had a consultation & I'm really hopeful. Take a look at Trans Epidermal Pigment Release (TEPR) system.
It doesn't matter what colours, it removes any colour exactly the same.
I'm going through the removal process as we speak. I just wrote up my first review that hasn't been posted yet. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time but I'm sure it could be removed, it's just going to cost a lot of money. I've read that the newer the tattoo, the more treatments it requires. I have a little green ink which I was told might never totally erase but the rest will eventually be gone. Tattoo removal has become very common, at least in a larger city. Call a dermatologist, most bigger offices do it. Good luck.

Feeling Down

I had my second therapy session today and I'm feeling really down. I've been on the internet since I got back home doing more research on laser tattoo removal and I'm feeling kind of hopeless. I see a lot of small black tattoos that people are sooooo concerned about and I just want to scream (I would gladly take their position for mine). I haven't found any info regarding tattoo removal for something as "extreme" in size and colour as what is on my arm. Even my Q&A post I put up still only has one answer with not much detail. I wish someone would just care and help me. I feel like I'm dying inside.

Your tattoo is pretty, it's sweet and sentimental. There is no reason for you beat your self up over it. I agree with everyone else here, stop focusing on it and do something for yourself, even something simple like taking a walk in the sunshine may help you feel better.

I know the depressed feelings following laser treatment.  I think it's the mind's way of reacting to the roller coaster ride of emotions before the sessions.  You're excited, you're hopeful and then ouch the laser hits the skin, the wallet and then you're wrapped up and sent home.  You look at the blasted (literally and figuratively) skin and think "what have I done?".  You relive the ink regret all over again.  I didn't have this the first laser session but did the after two and three.  I have a session on Wednesday and I am prepared.  Don't expect too much from yourself, drink lots of fluids, sleep and just recover from the session.  Do something enjoyable that doesn't take a lot of energy.  Once you accept that this will be a long journey then each session will be seen as the next step in that journey.  I've heard from many others that say patience is a virtue and it definitely is with laser removal.  It's like eating a delicious piece of cake, one minute on the lips, forever on the hips.  It's easy to get a tattoo but it takes longer to have it removed.  And once you see fading (but stop looking at it constantly otherwise you won't see the fading) but once you see it, it brings hope.  Good luck, it's gonna happen, it  does, it just takes time.  And stop looking on the internet (you already know this) as it's human nature to complain loudly on the internet, but rejoice quietly.
First step, STOP researching on the Internet... It's the WORST thing you could be doing right now... The Internet really is a sad persons worst fears... It plays on those fears and makes everything worse... Just breath... Set up actual consults with actual clinics and doctors and see what ur options are... Blue is difficult to fade... But I've seen others tattoos go away that had blue in them... Think about what it is you really want, do U still want a half sleeve just a design better suited for itself? Then you start removal just to fade it enough to do it over... And if you don't want it at all, then be patient and prepared for the long road ahead... I hear ya on those with the tiny black tattoos... I have an outline that takes up half my arm, I'm of darker skin pigment so I would think "this is never coming off" but I've seen change and also learned to accept that it's a LONG road

update

So... My spouse and I recently relocated to Canada and I have been feeling a little better with being out of the major city we left. I have been doing a lot more research on removal but I have also been taking time to "enjoy life" ... at this point I dont think I will return to therapy because it seems all I do is cry and dwell on my mistake when im there. Lately when I have been out in a t shirt people have been asking to see my tattoo and telling me how much they like it. Im not sure why, but I cant seem to let people know how badly I want it gone. I feel embarassed and ashamed to admit to others that im looking into options for removal. Even if I do end up going through with it, I plan to keep it a secret. Is this weird? Or do any of you also feel the need to be secretive about your tattoo or removal process?
I was very secretive about it first, for maybe two monthes. It honestly makes me feel better talking about it now, not sure why but talking about the removal makes it more of a reality than sitting and obsessing over it. I got my first treatment and its working, I swear after you get started you won't feel anywhere near as bad.
I checked out your review!! Is it really going to cost you $10,000 just to lighten yours??

Time For A Change

So, over the past month I have been feeling a bit better. I even took Blackberry11's advice, and for the first time showed off my skin last week at the beach. Although it was tough, it was something I had to do for myself. I talked to my mom on the phone today and she has been really great over this whole situation, especially since she has always been against any of her daughters having tattoos. She made me realize some things so I have set out to start some new goals for myself. I have decided that tomorrow I'm going to a Health Food Store and I'm going to start taking care of myself. I'm not sure if this has been the case for everyone, but I have completely stopped taking care of myself since my "bad ink" happened. Gaining weight from eating bad foods, biting my nails, not taking care of my skin or hair.... just an overall mess due to the fact that I have felt "ruined". I plan to start working out, eating healthy and start taking some vitamins that will not only make me feel better now, but possibly aid in future tattoo removal. I want to take a B-Complex vitamin to help with stress and to upgrade my body's nervous system. I want to make Bone Soup (See recipe here - http://humancure.com/health-reset-button-bone-soup/) that will help my body absorb nutrients, thus building my immune system. I want to start taking zinc, which is good with helping the body heal from wounds, is good for skin and boosts the immune system. On top of that, I plan to buy some Taoist Homemade Soap for my hair and some Coconut or Bio Oil for my skin. Depending on the cost I may have to wait on a few of these items, but we'll see. I hate to say it, but you have all been right! I'm not going to get anywhere being down and stressing over my tattoo. I feel like I'm getting in a better state of mind and also plan to try some Self Hypnosis, like Hyptalk Hypnosis. I've gone far too long letting myself suffer over this stupid life mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately I chose one that I can't hide from the world. I want to be better and healthier, especially if I decide on removal. Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to anyone who has ever taken the time to comment here. Your kind words and support have meant more than you know.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I can relate to your post so well! I've been bad to my self only cuz of a tattoo I dislike. It's crazy,it's not the way to live. It's gotta stop and it actually has over these past half a year :-) slowly but surely, with some set backs every now and then. I wish the same for you, you have some very good ideas that I might also try in order to make my self feel better..
Thanks for your support! Are you planning on removal?