Laser Tattoo Removal - Buffalo, NY

Hello, I am writing to inquire about laser tattoo...

Hello, I am writing to inquire about laser tattoo removal. I have a partial half sleeve of an owl in a tree with a moon and night's sky behind it, and in addition to that I also have a puzzle piece in the same area. I am writing because I feel completely hopeless and I am trying to remain positive while researching what my options are. My spouse and I got the puzzle pieces together and about a half a year later I got an owl in a tree. I completely loved my tattoos, until last December when I had the same tattoo artist add in the nights sky and moon. It wasn't that bad but definitely needed some touching up. I decided to go back to the same artist in March (So I would have time to heal before summer and be able to wear my favourite tops) which was the biggest mistake of my life. After tattooing my spouse the artist completely forgot I had made an appointment too, he seemed very annoyed, texted while he got the colours ready, and ended up using the completely wrong colour blue that he decided to blast all into the inner side of my tattoo. I was completely devastated. After that point, I was looking into laser tattoo removal but everyone told me I was silly and that it was fixable. So, just a few weeks ago I went to another artist (One who has a very good reputation) and he added a frame to the top to fix the messy lines, blended the sky at the top using more blue and black, re-outlined the tree and owl and added white stars on top of the 2.5" blue sky. Although it looks a lot better, I feel even more devastated then before, because it's still not what I had originally wanted. As you can see from the pictures attached, there is a lot of colour in my tattoo, and now even more colours that were added being the ones that I've read are harder to remove. I have now realized way too late that tattoos are not for me and I never should have gotten even one, I just want them gone. The way that I feel about my arm now has completely taken over my life, and consumes me. It's become my deepest darkest secret that I now hide from the world. It is starting to effect my work, social life, marriage and my self image and confidence has been completely shattered. I feel selfish for acting and feeling this way because I know a lot of people have it way worse than a silly tattoo, but I cannot seem to get past this. I have resorted to buying skin coloured sleeves to hide behind, but have still not found ones that work that well. I wish someone would just come out of no where to tell me they can help me and it can be gone, because I don’t know how I will ever bounce back from this if it can’t.

Feelings of sadness

... I have so much to look forward to right now but all I can do is stress over my arm. I've tried to reach out to doctors with no response. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life having to look at it and feel this way. I keep praying that it will be a cold summer so I can hide behind my clothes.

Skin coloured sleeves

For the last 2 weeks I've been wearing my skin coloured arm sleeve. Although it's noticeably not my skin, I feel better not having to look at my tattoo. I think most people assume that I have gotten hurt, but I'm not too concerned about what others think about me as much as I do. If it weren't for finding these sleeves on the net I don't think I would leave the house at this point. In this pic I'm wearing a type of sleeve called "Geri-sleeves" that I found on Amazon at $8.00 for a package of 2 (But I have to double them up because they are a little thin and then attach it to the shoulder of my bra with pins so that it doesn't fall down) ... I also ordered some from Ink Armour that I have to return for a bigger size, but they seem like they may stay up on there own. Ink Armour also has many types of sleeves and sizes... for arms, legs, and small and big tattoos. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I think it was all just a dream, but then I look down and realize this is my reality. If you have any type of tattoo that you absolutely hate then I strongly advise buying some skin coloured sleeves until you have the money to do something about it. For now... this is me.

Doctors?

I've really been trying hard lately to inquire about removal, but no one cares to get back to me. Does anyone know why doctors aren't commenting on my review? I hope it's not because there's no hope for me :( Feeling super bummed out lately.

Feeling Down

I had my second therapy session today and I'm feeling really down. I've been on the internet since I got back home doing more research on laser tattoo removal and I'm feeling kind of hopeless. I see a lot of small black tattoos that people are sooooo concerned about and I just want to scream (I would gladly take their position for mine). I haven't found any info regarding tattoo removal for something as "extreme" in size and colour as what is on my arm. Even my Q&A post I put up still only has one answer with not much detail. I wish someone would just care and help me. I feel like I'm dying inside.

update

So... My spouse and I recently relocated to Canada and I have been feeling a little better with being out of the major city we left. I have been doing a lot more research on removal but I have also been taking time to "enjoy life" ... at this point I dont think I will return to therapy because it seems all I do is cry and dwell on my mistake when im there. Lately when I have been out in a t shirt people have been asking to see my tattoo and telling me how much they like it. Im not sure why, but I cant seem to let people know how badly I want it gone. I feel embarassed and ashamed to admit to others that im looking into options for removal. Even if I do end up going through with it, I plan to keep it a secret. Is this weird? Or do any of you also feel the need to be secretive about your tattoo or removal process?

Time For A Change

So, over the past month I have been feeling a bit better. I even took Blackberry11's advice, and for the first time showed off my skin last week at the beach. Although it was tough, it was something I had to do for myself. I talked to my mom on the phone today and she has been really great over this whole situation, especially since she has always been against any of her daughters having tattoos. She made me realize some things so I have set out to start some new goals for myself. I have decided that tomorrow I'm going to a Health Food Store and I'm going to start taking care of myself. I'm not sure if this has been the case for everyone, but I have completely stopped taking care of myself since my "bad ink" happened. Gaining weight from eating bad foods, biting my nails, not taking care of my skin or hair.... just an overall mess due to the fact that I have felt "ruined". I plan to start working out, eating healthy and start taking some vitamins that will not only make me feel better now, but possibly aid in future tattoo removal. I want to take a B-Complex vitamin to help with stress and to upgrade my body's nervous system. I want to make Bone Soup (See recipe here - http://humancure.com/health-reset-button-bone-soup/) that will help my body absorb nutrients, thus building my immune system. I want to start taking zinc, which is good with helping the body heal from wounds, is good for skin and boosts the immune system. On top of that, I plan to buy some Taoist Homemade Soap for my hair and some Coconut or Bio Oil for my skin. Depending on the cost I may have to wait on a few of these items, but we'll see. I hate to say it, but you have all been right! I'm not going to get anywhere being down and stressing over my tattoo. I feel like I'm getting in a better state of mind and also plan to try some Self Hypnosis, like Hyptalk Hypnosis. I've gone far too long letting myself suffer over this stupid life mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately I chose one that I can't hide from the world. I want to be better and healthier, especially if I decide on removal. Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to anyone who has ever taken the time to comment here. Your kind words and support have meant more than you know.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I can relate to your post so well! I've been bad to my self only cuz of a tattoo I dislike. It's crazy,it's not the way to live. It's gotta stop and it actually has over these past half a year :-) slowly but surely, with some set backs every now and then. I wish the same for you, you have some very good ideas that I might also try in order to make my self feel better..
Thanks for your support! Are you planning on removal?
I am so proud of you!!!! This is a huge step, and what an awesome plan you have for yourself! I must check out that hair treatment (Taoist Homemade soup for hair). Again, I am so glad you have reached the point to move forward and chose happiness and health for yourself :) Hugs B11
Thank you!!
Makes me happy to see your outlook is changing. You reach a point where u just think screw it... Why do i care so mcuh what other people think? Its the inside that matters most anyway. Good for you. U seem to be making good progress in your recovery. Yay!
I'm trying, thanks!!
I'm so happy for the new you... I also gained tons while I waited to figure out what I would do about my bad ink.... I ate horribly... I'm also on a journey to find myself and be healthy again::. Best of luck to you!
Thanks :) Same to you, and thanks for all the support!!
I was very secretive about it first, for maybe two monthes. It honestly makes me feel better talking about it now, not sure why but talking about the removal makes it more of a reality than sitting and obsessing over it. I got my first treatment and its working, I swear after you get started you won't feel anywhere near as bad.
I checked out your review!! Is it really going to cost you $10,000 just to lighten yours??
That's what I was quoted with picosure, but I ended up going with a qyag because I am mostly black ink. So no, more like 5000
Are you going to try for full removal? I was quoted $5,600 for 6 treatments with Picosure and then $180.00 for every additional treatment after the 6. After looking at others reviews it seems like I was quoted pretty high. I justp one morning awould be gone
The last sentence of my msg got all messed up. It was going to say... I just wish I could wake up one morning and it would be gone. Im just not me anymore.
I think that's a good price, I was quoted for 1250 per session per HALF of my arm. And no not full removal, just lightening to cover. Don't worry, it is possible. You just need to accept that what's done is done and you can't beat yourself up anymore. Youre gonna look back and be pissed that you wasted so much time being upset over something. Believe me. It will take time and money but it will be fine and use this as a learning/strengthening experience. I bet half of your blue and greens will come out in one treatment from the pico.
Honestly, I feel like Im dying inside. All this ink on my arm consumes my every though... Even when Im thinking about other things its right there with it! I wish I had the money to start the process now. I work for the school board here and make good money, but with just getting a new house I dont have it. Im going to have to find some kind of night job serving or something because theres no way Im gunna do financing for this... I already have $2000/month in bills!! Today has been a really bad day, especially because I feel completely alone in this. I feel like a prisioner in my own skin. I wish I could be happy right now but I cant seem to focus on anything else. Im so glad I have this site, and you guys.
I dont mean to b discouraging but u seem to focus on the negative a lot. U prolly wont make any progress by sitting there feeling sorry for urself for the rest of ur life. Get out n motivate urself to be positive. Exercise! Do anything but continuely complain bout somethin u cant ddo anything bout rite now... U r beautiful. Stop beating urself up. Chow.
Actually... that is kind of discouraging. Everyday I try to be positive, get out, enjoy life... which you would know if you read my most recent update. I don't really think it's your place to tell me that I'm feeling sorry for myself, I focus on the negative, and I probably won't make any progress. I'm on this site for support from others and to help others too. You don't know me, so please don't judge me... that's the last thing I want.
Sorry u r right. That was pretty rude of me and i appologize. Its not my place to tell u how to react to ur own personal issues. To be honest i think its huge of u to get on here and share your experience w us and i thank u. U really are makinf progress by unraveling your feelings everyday and sharing them w others. Maybe the pain of my own recovery is getting to me. I am the negative 1 ? Deepest appolgies. Danielle
Sorry, I don't mean to intrude on your conversation, but I must say that I don't think jayjay84 was trying to be rude, or discouraging, I think it was meant to be helpful. Geamrok, I am so glad you are on this site so that you get some form of support, and trust me, I have, and so many others have been exactly where you are and felt the same way. I still have moments of anger and frustration over this, but I have found a way to move on, and jayjay84 is trying to encourage you to do the same, and getting outside, or exercise is a great place to start. None of us really know exactly what the other is feeling, but we sure can relate. That is why being open and honest, and sometimes right out blunt is needed. I recall my husband telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself, and was sick and tired of watching me sob over this tattoo regret, and I got so angry at him for not understanding...but people encourage us to help us, not to be negative. I don't think anyone on this site, or anyone who cares about you would purposely say anything to make you feel worse. The intent is to help. Please continue to try and focus on positives in your life, you got a new house, you have a great job, you have someone who loves you in your life, and really...your tattoo is nothing to be ashamed of, again, I understand YOU don't like it, but it really is not a bad tattoo. I understand that money is tight and you don't have the funds right now, but you know what, I believe that the more positive energy you put out there, the money and happiness will find you. Laws of attraction. I really believe there is a force in our universe that listens to us and guides us, and gives us what we ask for, and sometimes what we don't want...and that usually happens when we are in a negative state of mind. When you change to a positive state of mind, and I mean really positive, you will get the help you need, the money will come. Do you realize the power of your own mind, we are extremely powerful, and when we get in tune with our mind and calm and focus, life changes. Now listen up, this is important....It is proven that when we are in a long term negative, stressful state of mind this causes sickness, the mind can not distinguish between different types of stress, lion chasing you down or a ruined dinner party, or a bad tattoo..to the mind it stress, when your brain is constantly bombarded with stress...it feels in danger, and it reacts just as it would in any other stressful situation, releasing the unwanted stress hormone cortisol - did you know that if this is on-going it can actually decrease the number of brain cells impairing your memory, premature brain aging, it affects your blood pressure and the fats in your blood, this can lead to heart attack, stroke. Prolonged stress is simply not good for you, it is proven that when there is depression there will be an excess of cortisol in your blood. I don't mean to sound like I know it all, but I want you to understand how damaging this is if you don't get over this.