Gynecomastia Surgery, Results Not As Good As I Had Hoped - Buffalo, NY

I want to start of by saying that I do like Dr....

I want to start of by saying that I do like Dr. Koch. While he is certainly an experienced surgeon and very friendly I do feel that he misrepresents himself as an expert of gynecomastia surgery. I was not super impressed with his before and after pictures and was having second thoughts about getting the surgery but went through with it because he is certainly the most experienced surgeon in the Buffalo area and wasn't sure how I could make it work in a different city. In hindsight I wish I would have gone with a more experienced gynecomastia surgeon to perform my operation.

The primary reason I got the surgery was due to puffy nipples. While my appearance has approved post operation my nipples are still nowhere near completely flat and definitely feel there is a large room for improvement. Part of the reason I went through with the operation is because there were no negative reviews out there, which made me feel more at ease. I realize now that the positive reviews he does have are not for this type of operation.

I want to be sure others out there considering Koch for this surgery have my perspective. I recommend that you consider traveling to Toronto or NYC for a more experienced gynecomastia surgeon as that's where I plan on going for a possible revision in the future.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your honest review with the community.
Unfortunately, I have no idea who this reviewer is. If this person had a concern about their result, he should have told me. There may be other options available to provide a more satisfactory result. In the case of treating "puffy nipples" there are different approaches. If the approach used did not meet the reviewer's expectations I would have offered another option. It is sad that this reviewer never gave me the opportunity to help him further. I guess it is his lose.