Permalip - Buffalo NY

I had my permalip implants put in yesterday. 5mm...

I had my permalip implants put in yesterday. 5mm on upper and 4mm on lower.I didn't feel a thing during the procedure.Needles used to numb my mouth were uncomfortable but nothing extreme.I will say being awake during procedure was a lil stressful. But not painful. ALOT OF SWELLING on day 2 but my PS warned me of that. Updates to follow! All ?'s welcome

I know I'm trying to figure out how to upload...

I know I'm trying to figure out how to upload photos ! I took ALOT! I know when I was researching I wanted to see lots of photos. Soon I will post my whole Experiance and tons of photos! Bare with me lol !
How are you doing? Has swelling gone down?

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! We'd love to see your before and after photos!

My experience !!

Ahhh! I just wrote a huge update then my phone died!! Lol. So I'll sum it up.. I absolutly love my new lips!! As I said I had the lg on top and med on bottom. HUGE AMOUNT OF SWELLING!! It went down enough by the third day to go to new job and say I had some dental surgery. But they didn't know my presurgry lips! My lips were very tight and difficult to smile. Hardly any pain just discomfort. It's been 7 days and they swelling subsides each day. Today they look great!! LUV EM!! I want to make a few points. I did enough research for all of us lol. During my research I noticed a lot of people saying at day one or two " my lips are huge , what have I done ", " omg I'm getting these removed" etc. So I'd like to say, it is a surgical procedure and your lips go through a lot of trama. There will be huge Amt of swelling. Temporary depression and second guessing your desicion is a NORMAL part of recovery. If it were surgery one day and perfect results the next day wouldn't that be nice! I guess my point is give it some time. Read other peoples experiences. This does not mean you will Experiance the same but if you do at least your aware of the situation. I read one women totally distraut one-two days after because her lips looked unnatural and her top lip was bigger then the bottom. Well so was mine and for about six days and now on day seven they are perfect. You have to understand there is a process to healing and EVERYONE is differant. I've read people feelin destroyed in the first few days cuz they still couldn't feel there lips. Considering the procedure and the manipulation done ,it is only normal for things to be differant. Me,at day seven I am just getting feeling back. It's numb then tingling the feeling. :) I have had breast surgery before so I know somewhat to expect. In my opinion having your very first surgery being on your face would be real scary. I lost quite a bit of sleep the first five days or so. I am a side sleeper and sleeping upright on my back was uncomfortable along with some discomfort in my mouth. I got a little depressed from lack of sleep and lack of solid food intake lol I luv my food. I even questioned myself for a second wether I made the right choice but as I stated THAT IS A NORMAL PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS. I love my lips I made the right choice for me and I am so happy! So my advice would be expect a lot of swelling expect some discomfort. Give yourself time to heal, you will not see your final results in the first week and longer for some people. Ice ice ice! Day an parts of the night. Ice and arnica will be your new buddies! As well as vasoline! Swelling is the worst on day two. It subsides more everyday after. For me anyway, you may be differant and that doesnt mean there is a problem. The swelling may go down in a uneven way. It may be more on one side than the other. But know they will catch up rather quickly. Keep your insicions clean. Know the signs an symptoms of infection. ASK QUESTIONS. even if your PS seems bothered by your constant questions. Forget that!! He will get over it! Your paying him for a service that is a huge desicion. And most of all. Luv your lips as much as I do! Gloss em up and own it !!! And lastly, please forgive my spelling and grammar I'm posting this off my phone. Also I have a lot of pics I will post when I get to a computer( my phone won't upload them) one thing I wanted to see was pics,up,down,top,bottom, sideways lol ! So I took a lot for everyone else who wanted the same.
Hello, I recently got perlip last week and I feel like I look like I duck, the swelling has gone down significantly since the first and second day, bruising is all gone but I really hope this isnt the final look! I feel my lips are too pouty and im freaking out little bit!
Have no fear!! It is not the final look. Your still swollen. It should end up looking natural. The "duck" phase is the last before they start to look natural but fuller. Day by day the swelling will go down. Just give it time and try not to worry. They will look great and I'm sure u will luv them! Keep me updated :)
I experienced the exact same thing ! An now mine look great and not fake or duck like at all! It may take another week or so. Try not to worry ;)
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

He was great. Made me feel comfortable and eased my mind during the procedure. Called me himself the next day to see how I was feeling!