Sooooo Excited!!!! 21yrs Old and BEYOND READY!!! - Buffalo, NY

So I went in for my consultation today with Dr....

So I went in for my consultation today with Dr. Cusenz. He was very nice and funny, I felt very comfortable with him. I had another consultation scheduled with another surgeon on the 20th but I just wanted to book my procedure as soon as possible because summer is approaching. Since my meeting with Dr. Cusenz went so well I decided to just go ahead and schedule my surgery right there. In six weeks I will finally, for the first time in my life, have boobs that don't sag. I can't wait, I wish I could have the surgery now, I'm ready to knock out this recovery period and enjoy my new body. I've lost 40lbs in the past year and I have fallen in love with myself. I stare at myself for a good 20mins throughout the day. I'm proud of myself. I've been overweight since the 3rd grade, which is probably why my boobs are saggy in the first place. But now I'm ready to complete this transformation. Ill upload pics when it gets closer to my surgery date. I have full cosmetic coverage under my mom's insurance so they didn't bother giving me a quote for my procedure so I have no idea how much this costs.

Reconsidering

I've decided that I should go in for more consultations before my surgery date just to be on the safe side. :)

Not Adding Lipo

So I was gonna add lipo in with my breast lift but I've decided not to. I don't want to take the chance of things going bad in the long run. I worked hard to get where I am now and I am close to my dream body. So if I have to wait another year to look absolutely amazing in my swimsuit then I'll be ok with that. At least I'll know that I won't have anything going wrong due to the surgery, I'm a wuss so things like that scare me lol. But kudos to all you lovely ladies who have gotten it and are getting it. It just doesn't seem right for me. I'm kicking up my workout regimen and I've completely cut out sweets until summer. So hopefully my lil gut will come in a bit more by summer :) I am also still on the fence about my lift but as of now I still plan on having it.

Time is moving so slowwww lol

I'm impatient lol. April 14 is still a month away. I'm trying not to think about it so much but it's hard not to! Anyways, I want to buy my post op supply but I'm not sure what I should have. Also should I buy sports bras now or wait til after?

Two more weeks!

Ok so two more weeks until my surgery. I guess I'll finally upload some before pics. Im so excited. Nerves havent hit me yet, they'll probably hit me day of. I bought two sports bras, gauze, antibiotic ointment, scar sheets, and tylenol. Not sure if I need anything else..? I go in to get my blood work and pick up my meds tomorrow. Not thinking about it so much has made these past couple of weeks fly by. Ive been focusing on school. Oh by the way, I've been accepted into the R.N program :) Anyways, any tips you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Nerves Kicking In

Less than a week away and I'm nervous. I just want everything to go ok. I don't wanna have a horror story! Deep breaths. Keep praying. Ok. I can do this.
I hope my job is understanding of my limitations. I only took a week off, I hope that when I return I can at least manage to half ass if need be. I've been trying to practice doing things I do now but much slower and with limited range of motion.

Curious how big I'll be after

Hmm. I wonder how big I'll be after. I'm fine with being a nice B cup if they look good. I'm a 36C right now but I feel like I don't have enough tissue to remain that big. Idk. I guess we'll see. Either way I have an excuse to go shopping for new bras :)

1 day PO

Pain is not bad at all. Wasn't bad yesterday either. About a 4/10 when the pain meds wear off. I took a peek from the top and I can see the middle of them and they look pretty good. Won't see the whole thing until next Tuesday. Gonna be a good girl and listen to my doctor. Drinking lots of water, I usually drink 2L a day but yesterday I got 3L down. Peed like crazy yesterday and sometimes I had to push down a little to get it to come out. I would pee,then wipe then more pee would come so I sat and waited for more until I felt I was really done. So I'm usually irregular and I know the pain meds are supposed to make you constipated but I feel like I may actually go today, I went yesterday before they took me in. It could be all the fiber I ate yesterday. Two fiber bars, two apples, two low fat whole grain waffles. Idk but my tummy is a little bubbly. I hope that my recovery continues to go well. So far so good but I'm only one day out so I cant judge how easy or hard it is just yet. I'll update if anything changes. Be blessed and keep praying :)

One week

Went walking today. Did a little over 3 miles :) It felt good being active. I get my drains out tomorrow morning and I go back to work. I'm a home aide, but the clients I have don't require lifting thankfully. I started practicing ways to do things before my surgery so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'm so excited to finally see my boobs out of all the bandages and pads. I haven't seen them fully yet, as much as I wanted to just take this stuff off and peek, I was a good girl. I am very itchy, been itchin like like crazy since about day 4 post op. No pain though. I'm not taking pain pills or Tylenol. I took Tylenol yesterday and Saturday but that was for period cramps :/ I'll update after my appointment tomorrow :) love you dolls

After appt

Omg the drain removal hurt like a motha. But I survived :) I just took my first shower. Went fine. I'm scared to get them wet so I didn't let the water hit them. I put on some bacitracin and put gauze pads on the nipples. Back to work tonight. Here's some pics. I like em. My mom and bf said they look smaller but I don't think you can tell until I put regular bras back on

Almost 3 weeks

Sleeping on my side again. Incisions healing nicely. The parts that have healed already look great. You can't even tell. Hopefully the rest heals just as good. My opening closed then the scab came off on my gauze and now there's a little baby hole again. But nothing major. It may be scabbed over now, I haven't looked today. Still haven't really gotten them wet. When I shower I don't put them directly in the water but of course some water still gets on them. They're softening up, the bottom doesn't have a numb feeling anymore. I have full sensation in my nipples. Do they go back to a more normal appearance or do they remain how they are?
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Also, eat a TON of protein (at least 80 grams per day) and about 2000 mg of vitamin C per day to speed up healing :) Out of curiosity, did you end up having any other consultations with other doctors?
To minimize scaring and speed up healing, the incisions shouldn't be allowed to scab over. Clean them several times daily with saline or distilled water and then apply either Medihoney (#1 choice) or an antibiotic ointment, but not A+D. I've done a ton of research into this and read numerous studies on speeding up healing and minimizing scarring. Among the two worst things for healing/scar prevention are using hydrogen peroxide and letting an incision form a scab.
Hey girl, a blessing you are healing nicely. Ur nipples do go back to a normal shape. Mine are still changing and I'm six weeks post this past Monday. I still don't have any feeling in mine though. I'm happy ur doing good ;)
Ok good I was getting nervous :)
They look great! I had a lift with implants a month ago. I still have not use the silicone sheets. Be careful to check you have no scabs whatsoever because the incision with start leaking! Don't make the mistake I did!:)
Thank you! And will do thanks for the advice
Back to work eight days later. You sound like you're doing well!
I am! Smooth sailing so far!
Congrats babygurl I think you look good;)
Thank you! :) I do too. Can't wait til they're fully healed
hopefully you aren't feeling pain! Did you talk to your doctor about scars.? We are about the same color and im so afraid of the scars from a breast lift. Also what size did you go down to? Congratulations and sorry for all the questions! :)
Lol no problem and thanks. I got the anchor scar and I bought silicone scar sheets. I'm hoping they work. I don't mind a thin line showing, as long as it's not thick and dark I can deal with it.
Nice to finally read a review of a girl the SAME age as me that is going in for a lift.. I have searched and searched in order to relate on the same level as someone but everyone is older... it is different. Im excited for you!! I cant wait to get my breasts redone w a lift!
I know! When I first signed up I was like well this awkward I feel like a baby lol. But yea. When are you gonna go??
Best wishes! I hope that you and the surgeon agree clearly on the size you wish to be before surgery.
heyy girl i think its so awesome that your doing this for yourself. im thinking of doing the same too. but have not done my research. no one in my life even knows that im looking into some breast reduction and nipple up-doing. hope all the procedures go verry well for you! i would love to email you personally andtalk about it if thats alright!!!
yes anytime!
Congratulations on your school program acceptance! Does your surgeon provide a list of supplies for you to have? I think that people can get constipated after anesthesia, so perhaps having prunes to cook or something on hand to help with that possible issue might be helpful. Also, shirts that button in front instead of having to be pulled overhead may be helpful, and definitely loving, supportive friends and / or family to help you afterwards. If your desire a breast lift and not also a reduction, maybe make sure to see the surgeons's notes first to make sure he or she will not reduce your breast size, and is on the same page with you and your desired outcome. Having a trusted friend or family member with you before surgery to go over the surgical plan and recovery expectations might be a good idea. Best Wishes.
Thank you so much!
I think it might be good to go with a surgeon with provides some sort of compression binding after your surgery since surgery causes some swelling. Also, maybe get some Sports bras before surgery and leave the tags on / keep the receipts. Then, you won 't have to run out to get them during your recovery, but can return them if they're not right for you. If you get surgery, I'd find a doctor who patiently and fully answers all of your questions. Someone who you feel comfortable trusting your life with.
Women deserve the right to make a well informed decision and I see you have made a great decision by not getting liposuction. You understand that liposuction poses many risks to your health and you have chosen not to sacrifice your body. I am so glad you have chosen the healthy way to lose weight and shape your body. If I would have known I was signing up to be lipo'd on non consented areas, and knew the truth behind liposuction, believe me, I would have been you; still enjoying my weight loss. Their is nothing I can do now. I read your last comment and you said you had enough fat to not have a skin adherence, what most women do not know is that nothing is guaranteed, once you are under anesthesia, these surgeons can do anything they please with your body and get away with it. Suck out your entire fat, burn you, make incisions where your skin can be grafted, exceed consent etc. I hope other women come to your blog and understand everyone is really in the dark of things. Once they educate themselves about the proven studies they can decide for themselves if they rather "look good" then feel good. You can always PM me if you need help on losing those few pounds.
I'm glad you are not adding lipo. It really ruins the structure of the whole skin organ, including the part where fat needs to be. Plus the fat comes back. In weird ways. The doctors say it doesn't but studies and actual real people show that it does. A little pouchy belly is so preferable to fat arms, neck, back, breasts,face etc. Plus if someone has the pouchy then she knows when she's gaining; if that's gone, the gain goes unnoticed. Plus one has to under-eat and over-exercise in order to just make sure that *might* not happen. It's a horrible condition to live with.
yes i am having lipo with my lift. I have heard about the skin adherence but even with my weight loss I still have plenty of fat left for lipo so that's not one of my top concerns. I requested the lipo, it was not something my doctor brought up. But thanks for your concern :)
Congratulations on the weight loss! Glad to hear your consulting with several surgeons...good for you! Do you have a general idea of the type and size implants you would want? We'd love to see some of your wish boob photos. Keep us posted!
Woah, I want to warn you to be careful. This is REALLY concerning to me "I just wanted to book my procedure as soon as possible because summer is approaching. " I've had surgery myself and know how much you want to have it done RIGHT NOW that the first surgeon who says they can make you look better/give you what you want is the one you book with immediately. (Luckily, in my case, I needed a few extra months to save up the money, so I ended up having more consultations and going with a different surgeon.) The MOST important thing you need to do before you schedule surgery is research your doctor. Read about them and their training. And LOOK AT PICTURES OF THEIR WORK. This is probably the most important thing to do. Dr. Cusenz doesn't have a gallery on his website of any of the work he's done - he may be a perfectly fine surgeon, but virtually every single article that tells you how to find a good surgeon says you need to look at pictures of their work. This is SO important. Plastic surgery can do wonderful things for your self confidence, your appearance and your life. And I know you want it done ASAP - but you want it done right. I'd encourage you to definitely have more consultations with other surgeons. You can still have the surgery done in time for summer, but you're going to have to live with these breasts for the rest of your life - this is a huge decision. One last thing that concerns me is the doctor/office didn't give you a quote? There is NO such thing as cosmetic coverage insurance. Maybe cosmetic dentistry, but no insurance will cover elective cosmetic procedures like a breast lift/implants. I'm incredibly concerned that Dr. Cusenz's office didn't tell you this before letting you book surgery.