45 and Told That I Look Tired Most of the Time. Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty Booked. Budapest, Hungary

Looking in the mirror at the age of 20, I remember...

Looking in the mirror at the age of 20, I remember spotting the bag under my eyes. I inherited these from my father's side of the family. My mother appears to have no wrinkles and a flawless skin and when from my early 20s we were always mistaken for sisters. My mother loved this attention. I loathed it.

I always promised myself that I would have my eye bags removed before the age of 50 and here I am now, 45 and booked in to have the work done.

Over the last 3 years I have enquired of surgery in this country and was always put off by the price so thought it pointless attending a consultation. In February, my friend was having her third and final lot of dental treatment done in Budapest and asked me to accompany her. I thought this would be an opportunity to have a look at eye surgery. With encouragement from my friend, we researched PS surgeons in Hungary and found excellent reviews for Dr Rodrigo. I made an appointment and went for a consultation with the Dr. He said I was a good candidate for the surgery. I was elated and deflated in less than one second. I have booked to have the procedure done on 7th July.

I'm now on countdown and nerves are starting. What will I look like? What will other people say?

I discovered this site and have found the reviews and support given very comforting and it has made me realise that I am not on my own.

Thank you for letting me share. I do plan to upload pics and tell everyone about my journey in the hope that I can help.

10 days and counting.....

Taking pics today and made me realise that I am well overdue for this op and I have now definitely made up mind to have this procedure done. No amount of makeup can hide these bad boys now and there is only so many times I can avoid mirror.
I have received emails from the Clinic today of what to do, asking if I have any concerns and offering support and reassurance. I bought a new little bag today to keep all my medicines in to include Vitamin C, Calcium, Echinacea and painkillers. I need to purchase an icepack for my eyes to help reduce swelling.
And breathe.... nervous and excited in one. :)

I've done it!!

I flew to Budapest last yesterday. I arrived at lunchtime, checked into my apartment, did some food shopping and had an early night as I was at the Hospital 0800 today.

I woke at 0630 really excited but a tad nervous, which I suppose is normal. I walked to the hospital which was 5mins away. I had ample opportunity to ask questions and raise any concerns. I was ready when they came to collect me. I had a local anaesthetic and a sedative. I needed to be awake so I could move my eyes when I he asked me. I was sedated enough that I was half asleep through the Op. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. So far, I am so please I went ahead and had this procedure done. :)

9 days post op

I am now going to post pics from day 1 of my op to date.
I am extremely pleased with the result and so glad I decided to have this procedure done. I have woken every morning feeling excited about looking into a mirror (for a change!) The healing of my eyes has been extremely quick, unbelievable! The second day was my worst. I looked terrible as though I had been in a car crash but I was still very pleased - bizarre, I know. It was following people on this site that helped me through it as their pics showed them in similar states at day 2 and 3 so I thought this has to be worst I will look and how right I was.
I had my surgery in Budapest. I stayed in a beautiful apartment that I could relax in which had a freezer department so I can put frozen compresses on my eyes. I just relaxed, no housework to do, it was great. The hospital was just around the corner and I had the reassurance that they were just a phone call away if I needed anything. The Surgeon and the Team were fantastic! :)
Dr. Rodrigo

I am from the UK and for a couple of years have thought about going ahead with this procedure but was always put off by the price. I did extensive research to narrow it down to Dr Rodrigo, Budapest. I met with Dr Rodrigo and his assistant, Joanna at his office, Budapest back in February for a consultation. He listened to my concerns and was very thorough explaining and showing diagrams of what he could do. After the consultation I felt confident and reassured that I would go ahead with the surgery by him. Between February and July (when I had the surgery), I received lots of support from Joanna. When I had a moment of doubt, I would send an email and she would call me asking what my concerns were and chatting these through with me. She supplied me with other reviews from people who had had this procedure done by Dr. Rodrigo. On arrival at the hospital, I was taken into my private room and his Team were very smiley and friendly. I wasn't rushed into surgery, I had time to sit and chat with Joanna with enough time to raise any questions. I chose to travel on my own and stayed in an apartment 2mins walk away from the hospital which was close to a food store so I could stock up and rest for the 5 days I was here. I also ventured out a couple of times to a café, of course wearing my sunglasses! I felt safe and noticed there were a few women who appeared to be on their own in this City. I would certainly come back here again for more surgery plus it would be great to see Joanna and the Team. :)