45 and Told That I Look Tired Most of the Time. Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty Booked. Budapest, Hungary

Looking in the mirror at the age of 20, I remember...

Looking in the mirror at the age of 20, I remember spotting the bag under my eyes. I inherited these from my father's side of the family. My mother appears to have no wrinkles and a flawless skin and when from my early 20s we were always mistaken for sisters. My mother loved this attention. I loathed it.

I always promised myself that I would have my eye bags removed before the age of 50 and here I am now, 45 and booked in to have the work done.

Over the last 3 years I have enquired of surgery in this country and was always put off by the price so thought it pointless attending a consultation. In February, my friend was having her third and final lot of dental treatment done in Budapest and asked me to accompany her. I thought this would be an opportunity to have a look at eye surgery. With encouragement from my friend, we researched PS surgeons in Hungary and found excellent reviews for Dr Rodrigo. I made an appointment and went for a consultation with the Dr. He said I was a good candidate for the surgery. I was elated and deflated in less than one second. I have booked to have the procedure done on 7th July.

I'm now on countdown and nerves are starting. What will I look like? What will other people say?

I discovered this site and have found the reviews and support given very comforting and it has made me realise that I am not on my own.

Thank you for letting me share. I do plan to upload pics and tell everyone about my journey in the hope that I can help.

10 days and counting.....

Taking pics today and made me realise that I am well overdue for this op and I have now definitely made up mind to have this procedure done. No amount of makeup can hide these bad boys now and there is only so many times I can avoid mirror.
I have received emails from the Clinic today of what to do, asking if I have any concerns and offering support and reassurance. I bought a new little bag today to keep all my medicines in to include Vitamin C, Calcium, Echinacea and painkillers. I need to purchase an icepack for my eyes to help reduce swelling.
And breathe.... nervous and excited in one. :)

I've done it!!

I flew to Budapest last yesterday. I arrived at lunchtime, checked into my apartment, did some food shopping and had an early night as I was at the Hospital 0800 today.

I woke at 0630 really excited but a tad nervous, which I suppose is normal. I walked to the hospital which was 5mins away. I had ample opportunity to ask questions and raise any concerns. I was ready when they came to collect me. I had a local anaesthetic and a sedative. I needed to be awake so I could move my eyes when I he asked me. I was sedated enough that I was half asleep through the Op. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. So far, I am so please I went ahead and had this procedure done. :)

9 days post op

I am now going to post pics from day 1 of my op to date.
I am extremely pleased with the result and so glad I decided to have this procedure done. I have woken every morning feeling excited about looking into a mirror (for a change!) The healing of my eyes has been extremely quick, unbelievable! The second day was my worst. I looked terrible as though I had been in a car crash but I was still very pleased - bizarre, I know. It was following people on this site that helped me through it as their pics showed them in similar states at day 2 and 3 so I thought this has to be worst I will look and how right I was.
I had my surgery in Budapest. I stayed in a beautiful apartment that I could relax in which had a freezer department so I can put frozen compresses on my eyes. I just relaxed, no housework to do, it was great. The hospital was just around the corner and I had the reassurance that they were just a phone call away if I needed anything. The Surgeon and the Team were fantastic! :)
Dr. Rodrigo

I am from the UK and for a couple of years have thought about going ahead with this procedure but was always put off by the price. I did extensive research to narrow it down to Dr Rodrigo, Budapest. I met with Dr Rodrigo and his assistant, Joanna at his office, Budapest back in February for a consultation. He listened to my concerns and was very thorough explaining and showing diagrams of what he could do. After the consultation I felt confident and reassured that I would go ahead with the surgery by him. Between February and July (when I had the surgery), I received lots of support from Joanna. When I had a moment of doubt, I would send an email and she would call me asking what my concerns were and chatting these through with me. She supplied me with other reviews from people who had had this procedure done by Dr. Rodrigo. On arrival at the hospital, I was taken into my private room and his Team were very smiley and friendly. I wasn't rushed into surgery, I had time to sit and chat with Joanna with enough time to raise any questions. I chose to travel on my own and stayed in an apartment 2mins walk away from the hospital which was close to a food store so I could stock up and rest for the 5 days I was here. I also ventured out a couple of times to a café, of course wearing my sunglasses! I felt safe and noticed there were a few women who appeared to be on their own in this City. I would certainly come back here again for more surgery plus it would be great to see Joanna and the Team. :)

Hi I will be staying in a hotel after my eyelid surgery. I have no idea what to do about ice pad,since I have no freezer in my hotel room. Help
Hi. Get in touch with the hotel to see if they could provide a small fridge freezer in the room. It's worth a try? Maybe think about buying a cool box whilst there and filling it with freezer blocks and ice. You would be able to get 24-36hours of use before replenishing with more ice cubes. I was able to do some shopping one day after my op.
Thank you it's a great idea to get a cool box.
You look wonderful!!! I'm thinking of getting this same procedure in the future. I am 43, but trying to hold off a few more years. Just wondering if you had the fat under your eye re-positioned or if you had a fat transfer to your under eye area. Like I said, you look awesome!!!
Thank you for your kind comments Susie. :) I had some fat removed and some repositioned to just underneath my tear duct.
Thanks for replying and enjoy your beautiful new eyes!
You look wonderful--amazing how fast you have healed! :-) Thank you for sharing your story, it's much appreciated.
Thank you Jettygirl. I can't believe how quickly my eyes have healed too. I am taking vitamin C and Echinacea. I've very much wanted this done for many years. The only regret I have is not having it done sooner. My confidence has returned and I feel great. My friends can't believe how much younger I look too!
You look beautiful!!! How exciting!
Your words are very encouraging. I, too, inherited bags from my father's side. When my mother and I are together people always say we must be sisters. Of course, mom loves it but it leaves me sad. I am 39 and will turn 40 next year and I really want to have my surgery before then. I had a consultation with a Dr. here in Georgia and he comes higly recommended and I can see why. However, I also have another Dr. I am considering who gets great reviews as well. This Dr. also uses a sedative and does not put you too sleep, which I have come to realize, greatly reduces the cost. My first Dr. charges $5500 because you are put to sleep and have an anathesiologist. However, the other Dr.s fee is $2200. I am so nervous about being awake during the surgery. Did you feel anything...pain, discomfort? Thank you.
Wow, your story is so similar to mine. I would encourage you to do it. I wake in the morning and can't wait to look in the mirror. I had a local anaesthetic and was heavily sedated. I didn't experience ANY pain or discomfort whatsoever. Unbelievable really. I was in surgery 1000-1130(ish) and was back in the apartment by 1500. The only time I took pain killers was for a headache. Thank you for getting in touch and I am willing to answer any further questions or help with any concerns you may have.
Your comment of (and my first) support and made me feel very happy that I can share my concerns with others that understand - thank you Peaceiful,
So happy and excited for you, too! This is a wonderful place to research, chat and share! Good Luck!
Hiya I've done it!! So far, so good. I have posted pics since the op and I am very very pleased with the results so far. I had to share with you... :)