Active FX for Melasma

Had Active FX yesterday for melasma...

Had Active FX yesterday for melasma (hyperpigmentation in my face).

Relatively pain free, just a little uncomfortable, the smell and air in my face were most bothersome part. My eyes are very swollen, and any discomfort I have is confined to my eyes. Controlled with a couple ibuprofen. Cold packs feel great. I read that some doctors recommend 1000mg vitamin C during recovery, so I am doing that as well.

Doctor recommended that I take acyclovir to prevent a herpes lesion from breaking out? Did anyone have an outbreak if they did not use the medication? Is this routinely prescribed? I prefer not to take if I really don't need it.

Yankeeat heart, I am having this done tomorrow for melasma. How did you results wind up??
Herpes lesions are ugly and take awhile to heal. It's easier to prevent them than deal with them if you do get an outbreak. Besides, the medication is a short course of treatment, 3-5 days?
Started to have an outbreak and took the medication. It works really well. Treatment lasts for a week, but you start on 5 pills a day for first 3 days then wean down.

Still waiting to see results, but given the degree of hyperpigmentation on my face, I think I will be happy.