Looking for Perfect Teeth - Bucharest, Romania

My name is Haydar, I am lebanese and living in...

My name is Haydar, I am lebanese and living in Romania. I am 27 years old and i have always had some problems with smiling especially when taking pictures. Many people say that i have great teeth and that i should have never gone for braces or invisalign but i do see the defects and I just wanted them gone. My major issue is that my Median line in the upper jaw is a little awry and the left side of my teeth feels as though is lower than the right one. As for the lower jaw it has some crooked teeth, I don't have any problems with my bite.
After consulting an orthodontist who happens to be a friend of mine, he advised Invisalign and i just followed through.
My treatment plan is composed of 23 retainers, I started it on the 20th of january this year.
Unfortunately, i don't have so many pictures of my teeth before i started the Invisalign plan, and in some pictures my teeth look as if the are in a very good shape, I do have, however, only one picture showing more or less the real deal.
So, right now i am on my 6th retainer, I haven't seen much change yet, but i understood that's normal. So i am just gonna post some pictures, and keep you updated when needed.

Moving to 7th liner

Today i changed my retainers, I am now on my 7th ones, I had a little difficulty putting them on the first couple of times, but it seems to be getting easier. I don't feel any discomfort, just a little pressure which is normal i guess.

Tray 8

So today i moved up the ladder to tray number 8... I had a bit of a hard time putting the lower ones on, it took me a while to fix them on, as for the upper ones they were much easier to put on, and it feels like I have been wearing them for some time for there is no pain or even pressure whatsoever, which is a bit weird i suppose. Frankly, after 14 weeks of wearing trays, i have not seen the slightest difference between the way my teeth used to be before invisalign and the way they are now, and i am starting to get pretty worried about this. My orthodontist says that i won't be seeing any visible results before the latest stages so I hope she's right.

PS: i have a crown on one of my back teeth and the attachment I had on it fell down almost 3 weeks ago, my orthodontist said that it is pointless to put another attachment because it will keep falling. Is that ok ?

A quick update

When i first put on tray 8 I did not feel any kind of pain or pressure like i mentioned earlier, but almost 6 hours have passed and it's starting to get really painful. I thought i should mention it.

tray 9

So i am on tray 9 now... I went to see my orthodontist last week, she said that so far my teeth are moving as they should be according to the treatment plan, I still can not see any visible change however. I am supposed to leave town for a while so she gave me 6 more trays and she mentioned for the first time that before i move on to tray 16 I should see her to have my teeth "scraped" i don't know if that's the right terminology... I honestly got worried when i heard this but she then clarified that it's nothing to worry about and that this actually means that she will insert something between the teeth and scrape them as to make them smaller by few millimeters. That's all i got for now

Not happy! tray 12

So it's been a while since i last posted anything! I have been waiting for some positive results but so far the only results I am seeing are the opposite of positive, the least to say. I am on my 12th trays now and my teeth are seriously looking more and more awful as i advance from one tray to another, and the problem is that I am not in Romania at the moment and there is no way for me to consult my orthodontist about this issue that has been really freaking me out. I am gonna attach a picture of how my teeth look today and I hope you guys could give me a feedback, I am truly troubled by this, I have 11 trays left and I feel like I am starting to regret going through this invisalign journey. I am still hoping this will all go away and that i will see the results I am looking for by the end of it.

Hmmm...I hope this is a case of "getting worse before it gets better". I would definitely try to contact your ortho when you can.
I can definitely see what you're talking about.  Please consider asking the question of the doctors in the Q&A section.  If you could do a before/after picture collage for them, that might also be helpful.  But definitely include these pictures.

Once again, it is very possible that this is an unfortunate intermediate condition that will be resolved during the course of your treatment, but it can't hurt to ask our doctors.  Without the ClinCheck, though, it's very hard to know what the plan is.

Here is a link to ask your question in the doctors' section.
Thank you... I just did that. I am really starting to panic, I am meeting my orthodontist in a couple of weeks. I do have the Clincheck but like i said before, i tried to upload them but didn't have any success...
Oh, I'm sorry.  I should have worked with you on the ClinCheck!  I don't know what happened.  Have you tried uploading it to YouTube?
The scraping you are referring to, in this country they call it Interproximal Reduction, which we shorten to IPR.  Sometimes they use a manual file, sometimes a powered file.  It is painless and removes a very small layer of the enamel, just a tiny bit, to make more room. :)  It is extremely common.  A very few people have bad experiences with it causing sensitivity but the vast majority feel (and even see) no difference or close to none.
that's very comforting thanks for the info :D you're always there to make a person feel better :)) Although I am feeling so worried about this entire thing now, I am on tray 10 and for some reason I feel like my teeth looked much better before I started, it's like my teeth have gotten worse not better, maybe it's because they're on the move, I hope this is the reason
That is likely, but why not post a picture and let us see?  Maybe you're just starting to obsess about it like the rest of us did/do, so you notice every tiny imperfection.  But for a lot of people, things get worse before they get better.  In your case, I'm guessing that there will be some strange spacing changes--bigger spaces here and there as room is made to shift teeth over.
I'm finishing up Tray 6 and I was getting discouraged because as my teeth move, there are spaces appearing that were never there before, and certain areas of my teeth that were crowded are now coming to the surface, and they do not look pretty (it's amazing how scary the crevasses in our teeth look when we can't reach them with floss or a toothbrush, but then Invisalign moves them around and now they're staring me in the face!) I talked to my ortho about this and she said that in a way invisalign "unravels" our teeth so that they can then be maneuvered back into place correctly. She also said that she will include a teeth whitening when I'm finished to make all the teeth sparkle! I'm trying to stay patient until the end, and THEN freak out if I'm still not happy with the way they look!
Thank you for your posts...one of my biggest issues is my midline too...are you wearing any elastics (rubber bands) to correct your midline issue? I have one on my right side and I'm trying to find posts of others who are working on their midline to see progress. Thanks!
Hey there... Thanks for your comment... at the time being i am not wearing any elastics but if i do remember correctly i will be having some later on, i am not pretty sure, i'll have to check again with my ortho... I understood that midline is pretty much one of the hardest problems to solve be it with invisalign or regular braces... I am on try 9 already and haven't seen any change!
You have lovely teeth! even before you started....so will be perfect when finished!!
Thanks for mentioning the blossoming pain :).  Sometimes we forget that a lot of times the trays don't hurt until about 8-12 hours after you put them in.  fightingthefear24 just had the same experience :D.

Did your doctor ever give you a ClinCheck video, to show the projected movement of your teeth throughout treatment?
yeah she actually did, but they are so brief, there are 4 videos 6 seconds each, i can barely see what is going on :))
Yeah, fair enough :-/.  I wish I could see them--I've seen a fair number of clinchecks.  Sometimes I can make stuff out, but yeah, sometimes it goes by too fast.  I don't understand why it's easier some times than others.
Hi! Well ur teeth r in pretty good shape pre-Invisalign. I really think ur results will be amazing since u already have a great smile! I hope u gt thru this journey and end w what u want!
thank you.. I am really anxious about the results as I haven't seen any change since i began my treatment... I hope that will change soon because i am starting to freak out :))
Don't be freaked lol. I felt just like u do. I think my changes r more obvious bc my teeth were much more misaligned compared to ur teeth which r predominantly straight. But keep patient, ur not halfway thru yet, so the changes will come. And when u do see them, they'll be changes tray after tray ;)
I went to see my ortho last week, she said my teeth are moving perfectly i just can't see it :)))
Hi, do your aligners eventually fit snug to the teeth? Because in the picture of the 7th aligner, it looks like there is considerable space between the top teeth and the aligner.
Hey there.. actually you are right there is somewhat of space between the first two front teeth in the upper jaw and the aligner, i have spoken to my orthodontist about it but she said that i should not be concerned about it, she said that it's due to the fact that i have one tooth that is a bit longer than the other and that patients who are using invisalign are usually provided with some sort of sponges which they should bite on for like 20 minutes a day to fill that space up and which i did not get for some reason. However, i still am a little worried about this thing and I just hope it is not a major issue.
You'll see a lot of people on RealSelf referring to chewies.  They're those sponges, and you should definitely use them if at all possible!
I asked my orthodontist about them, she said they are nowhere to be found in Romania.. So i don't know where i could get them.
Huh.  I never used them, so I don't even know what they're made out of.  Terrible!  I know PreOrtho uses them.  Maybe she has a good idea of a substitute one could use.  I just chewed on my trays while I had them in, which worked great short-term but wasn't great for my jaw or bite in the long run.
You can buy chewies on dentakit.com. They ship internationally, but I think it's fairly expensive.