Pixel Perfect 6 Days Ago for 40-yr-old Aging Skin - Love It - Bryn Mawr, PA

Had Pixel Perfect laser done Monday, Dec. 27 at...

Had Pixel Perfect laser done Monday, Dec. 27 at 4:00 pm. Had numbing cream - pain was tolerable. It felt like rubber bands snapping on my face, but I felt able to handle it. Had a burning sensation comparable to a bad sunburn for an hour or so afterward. My dr. prescribed a balm and steroid cream and told me to mix them together and apply twice a day for 4-5 days. Also to apply sunscreen every 2 hours if in the car or outside. By that evening the burning sensation had dissipated and I had noticeable grid markings on my face (the screen door look).

When I woke up the next day, the marks were much darker. My son told me I looked like I had a lot of bronzer on and was attacked by a fly swatter! Not really pain on Day 2, but my skin was sensitive and a bit puffy, and I definitely did not want to go out in public. Day 3 was much the same, maybe even a little darker bronze in color. I tried to put on makeup, which did cover the marks, but I really felt like I didn't want anything on my face except the balm because the skin was sensitive and very tight. Day 4 is when I began to peel. I used a wet facecloth per my Dr.'s instructions and a lot of the darker skin peeled off. The skin underneath looked great! My pores were much smaller and it just overall looked glowy and even.

By Day 5 all the brown marks peeled off. Skin still a bit red in spots but looked great overall. Was able to go out for New Year's Eve without anyone noticing anything. Today is Day 6, and I have a few dry, red spots, but overall I think my skin looks pretty fantastic. It's so even and my pores on my nose are much smaller! Dr. said skin will continue to improve up to 5 months. She said I only need to do this once a year. So far I think it was well worth it.