23, No Kids, Ready for my New Life. - Bryn Mawr, PA

Hello rs ladies, I've been stalking this site for...

Hello rs ladies, I've been stalking this site for a while now and I'm finally taking a step towards my goal. I'm getting a breast reduction and then a brazilian buttlift. I've always been happy with everything about my body except my boobs. course that was when I was in high school. Once I got to college stress and a really bad break caused me to become an emotional eater, I eat to celebrate, I eat after a long day at work...you get the picture. In the last year I've gained 65 pounds and I am now a size 14 vs fluctuating between a three and six as I always have. My boobs are so huge like I honestly can't even tell you the size, I might be a size k. I'm hoping this reduction will help jump start my weight loss before I get my brazilian buttlift. Smaller girls have much better results after getting brazilians. I apologize for this review being all over the place, but it's the morning of my breast reduction(first surgery I've ever had) and I am very nervous! Anyways on to the insurance, I had my consultation with Dr. Lohner in Bryn Mawr the first week of June, and received a call four days later, saying I was approved!! The coordinator originally scheduled my procedure for July 31st, but I have bronchitis so they decided to wait until today(August 7th). I have blue cross blue shield silver ppo plan with a $2k deductible. They are covering 80% of my procedure, eventually I'll have to set up a payment plan for whatever costs remain like the anesthesiologist and hospital fees. IM NOT PAYING ANYTHING UP FRONT. The only cost I've had was my copay for my pre op physical, which was $30.

Day three post op

Oh my God! First of all, please don't kid yourselves into thinking the recovery will be anything like implants. The pain is unbearable. I literally cried when I woke up because everything hurt so bad and the nurses insisted on me saying my name, d.o.b, etc. I hated every second of the first day and on top of that I had a pretty high fever. My procedure was about 3 hours(I think), I woke up at 6:45 pm. The nurses were ready to discharge me, but I could barely speak, and I was in too much pain to move, so they kept me overnight. My nurse, Marleen was amazing and made me feel really good, but my one complaint was about the tech, her name was Melissa, she was so effing horrible and rude. If anyone at Bryn Mawr hospital is reading this, your techs and your registrars in the Warden Lobby need some serious customer service training, like ASAP. All of the nurses were amazing though.
Onto Dr. lohner, he is truly a miracle worker, he was able to take out 11.6 pounds, yes, I had a newborn on my chest everyday. My breasts look amazing, they're so perky, and I believe they're the 'C' cup I've always longed for. While I'm ecstatic about my results, I feel like someone ran over my chest. I will post topless pictures after my post op appointment.

Day 7 post op

Hello, thank you ladies for the well wishes on my procedure! Sooo for some strange reason I'm still in pain, like an excruciating amount. I've been going back and reading the reviews from other rs ladies, and most of them feel somewhat fine by day four! I don't know what's wrong with me. I went to Dr. Lohner's office on Tuesday, and the nurse, Karen dismissed my complaints by telling me I was "micro focused on the pain", whatever the f* that means. *Major side eye. This was my first post op appointment and I thought I would spend a good amount of time talking to the doctor but he literally walked in for three minutes to prescribe another pain med and to tell me that my next appointment is in TWO MONTHS. Wtf, is this normal ladies or am I overreacting? I feel like so much could go left between now and October...ugh. So now I'm sitting here and I don't know how to properly bathe without getting the incisions wet. Can I get them wet? The nurse had mentioned I was sweating too much near my incisions and that I needed to keep the area dry. Where can I find surgical tape, like the kind my doc used to stitch me up. Lastly, I'm the type of person who doesn't even sweat at the gym, but ever since the procedure, I've been soaked every night. I'm also super emotional, like pms'ing without pms'ing. I know a number of women have positive experiences with br's, but right now I'm feeling like an ugly step child who just can't get it right. All around, I feel like shit.

Day 8 post op. Bursting at the seams...Literally.

My boobs are officially falling apart, yay. Last night when I changed my dressings, it was a bloodbath so I pretty much knew the incisions were going to come apart. The skin is pulled too tight. I have pictures from last night and this morning.

Day 11 Post op

Apparently my breasts are not coming apart, but the skin is pulled too tight. I went to my surgeon's office and was asked if I "wanted a band aid" to cover the points of separation....Very helpful.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lohner and his staff are amazing.

Your breasts will not come apart, they are held together with internal stitches, some superficial holes on the incisions should not be a major setback. Hopefully your incisions will be sealed by 4 weeks, which is the normal time it takes
Ok,Mimi very nervous things will go wrong, thank you.
*I'm. I visited my ps and he said to put neosporin on the open spots.
Hi honey, im about 6 days behind you i think. I had mine yesterday. I really hope you feel better, and I completely understand the car ran over your chest thing. Ugh. I got these round frozen gel packs from Amazon to put on top and they're amazing. Best wishes for healing! :)
Thank you. If you don't mind, could you please provide the link to those ice packs.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000P3GXLM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 Absolutely! I love these things!
sorry you are in so much pain, that is unusual and bad luck. hopefully you will get a big change in that soon. life will be so much better once you have healed and can enjoy the result
Lol, I always seem to be apart of that unlucky 1%. Sigh.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Oh my - 11.6 lbs? That's an ENORMOUS newborn LOL! I'm sorry your experience with the hospital staff wasn't great. I've heard only good things about BMH in the past. I'm glad to hear that Dr. L did so much though - it gives me some hope! I"m looking forward to hearing more about your recovery! Sending healing vibes your way!
I was really happy with the nurses at Bryn Mawr, it was just the non doctors and nurses that seemed to lack customer service skills. Thank you for the positive vibes, I'm sure you will be very happy with his work.
Have you gone for consultation with him?
Yes! I had my consultation in May. I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 31st. I'm using the next 4 months to get super healthy and to slim down a bit. Sorry about the pain. I hope you get some relief soon!
Wishing you a successful surgery and fast recovery!
Thank you!
I am so glad you crossed over from the stalking side:)   Welcome to the community girlie.
Lol thank you.
I'm going to do my BR with Dr Lohner! I will likely wait until winter for scheduling reasons. .. I can't wait to see your results!
Posting them now ! He's amazing.
You sound like me. Pray all goes well! ;)
Thank you for your kind words.
Good luck. You will be so happy
Thank you.