Smart Lipo and CO2 laser on stretch marks...

I am 37 years old. I am 5'3 and 118 lbs. I had my...

I am 37 years old. I am 5'3 and 118 lbs. I had my first son at age 20 and was an extremely small girl when I got pregnant. I gained 30 lbs during the pregnancy and as a result I have always dealt with my baby pouch and stretch marks. Soooo after 18 years, I decided it was time to take my body back!
I have always been a small person. I have never been over weight but also I have always worked to stay fit and trim. The baby bulge though has kept me from feeling that secure comfort of bikinis and other mid drift baring activities!
When I turned 30 I had a breast augmentation and
I LOVED IT. I had also wanted a tummy tuck but my Dr talked me out of it due to recovery time and having another son who was only a year old.
I chose to go with smart lipo recently after seeing the success of a friend. I decided it might just take care of my issue.
On March 22nd I had my procedure. Prior to going I did the normal web research.
I watched videos which I will say were a little misleading. How so? Well it hurts and the women I watched said it was a piece of cake.. Not exactly.
It went like this ... They gave me meds and they helped until mid way thru and I asked for more meds!
Once I got home I remembered nothing about the trip home etc. the following day I stayed in bed until I had to go get stitched. (They let the incisions drain the first night). The next day was a Sunday so again is rested. By then I was a basket case due to not being a person who can take pain medications! Sooooo I dropped the meds and oddly started feeling better. The following week however I became frustrated with the swelling and not being prepared for the need to wear sweats to work all week! I'm a professional and sweats or yoga pants do not go well in my work environment. (This was just poor planning on my part). But when you are swollen and in a garment which is rubbing on stitches, you don't want anything but comfort!
Well there is good news... I am now on week two and back in my clothes. Stitches are out and I bought three pair of jeans a size smaller this last weekend :-)) I am still wearing the garment but the swelling has reduced drastically and I feel excellent.
Helpful Hint - do not eat salt and do drink a lot of water. Do not exercise. You can eventually. Let yourself heal. Andddd if you are on pain meds try to go without. Remember they will constipate you and that will not make the tummy flatter!!!
I cut all extra salt intake and went for mostly veggies and fruit this week only because it helps the digestive system and decreases the swelling.

I do have some lumps but have not had any massages. I go back for my two week follow up next Monday and also will be having co2 laser done on my stretch marks. While I know it will not illiminate them, I will be happy even if they are just reduced some. This laser was part of my package so why not?!?
I would love to hear any feed back from anyone who has had the laser done on their stretch marks.
So all in all I am happy and looking forward to the next few months as I know my results will improve with time.
I will post pics ... Have to get my before pics from my dr. Again poor planning on my part!
If you are considering this procedure or any other please prepare yourself for every possible scenario. Read read read. And take notes!! Good luck to you all :-))

Dr. Gary Butka

From a friend

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.