Brow Lift and Fat Transfer to Cheeks in Wiltshire, England

I had noticed significant sagging of the upper...

I had noticed significant sagging of the upper eyelid, which had always sat very low, to the point it was actually interferring with my vision. My upper eyelid, particularly the left eye, would sit on my eyelashes and I would have to raise my eyebrow up in order to focus properly! I also had comments on why I looked so miserable/angry when in fact I wasn't.

I went to see the same surgeon who had performed rhinoplasty some 6 years previously, and he also suggested a fat transfer to the cheek area; as you can see in the before picture there was very little prominence here.

Pain wise - on a scale of 1 to 10 the brow lift was about a 4, the most uncomfortable thing about this procedure was probably the strange sensation that you have a thousand fleas thundering about on your scalp. I am 6 weeks post op so this is improving enormously as time passes.

The worst was probably the fat transfer. This is a very uncomfortable and horrible procedure, but I would say it has had more of a positive effect on my overall result than the browlift. Putting the volume back in my face has really, really changed the way I look, giving me a more youthful appearance. I really panicked because of the initial overfill - anything up to 60 percent apparently is not viable, and whilst this was settling down I started to wonder if I had made a terrible mistake. I was however, warned by the surgeon 3 times that this was going to happen!

Recovery wise, not too bad. I was cycling my bike three days after surgery, running and weights at the gym two weeks after surgery, and riding my horse after three weeks. I did have quite a shiner on my lower left eye, but I explained this away as a thump to the face from my horse and everyone seemed to believe me!

Right ! My doctor needs to retire! He can't hear or seems to have a hip,problem. My surgery was 7 1/2 hours long. I remember waking up and seeing the look on his face when he was doing the fat transfer. He looked mad. He was probably exhausted. Time for my doctor who use to be my GOD to retire before he regrets it.
Gosh ,, you did do well, were you really out on bike ect SO soon". I"m considering exactly the same sugery as you with EXACTLY the same sugeon"" but with nose as well,. I"m just down the road from you in not so sunny Devon.. thing is i"m terified of the recovery. and if i can handle it? have just been through breast cancer,3"op"s, so know how sugery can leave you fealing.. except these were fairly short op"s, and this would much longer, and to face. i hate my droopy lids and forhead, and realy want this done very much. I have studied your pics, And i realize that sugery is different for everyone. but people tell me the browlift isnt to bad,?.? What can i exspect from fat transfer.? is it painfull or unplesant in another way?. sorry so many questions but dont want to take on more than i can handle.. its the brow lift i dred the most, Staples,headaches, and weird fealings in scalp sounds bit freaky"" would be so greatfull for any feedback.. p.s Have choosen Mr.mc.D. because I think he may be,or is,one of the best.. many thanks. and hope all is still so well with your great outcome, you look fab in pics. L.x

Hi anon6637 -- Thanks for writing such a helpful review. I'm glad the surgery went well for you. You look refreshed in your "after" pics -- a nice result! :)

United Kingdom Plastic Surgeon

My word of advice for anyone considering surgery is to really carefully choose your doctor, I had a procedure done when I was 14 to pin back my ears and all I can say is thank God I have long hair to cover them because it looks like Freddy from Friday the 13th has had a go at them with a chainsaw. Just because a surgeon has sat the exams and done the training does not necessarily mean he's any good...I really researched my procedure and looked at the pros and cons and went to see two other surgeons who had been in the press for their supposedly 'expert' advice/opinion and my impression was they were little more than self promoting 'experts' who's results, once scrutinised, were mediocre and a little unimpressive, to say the least. Also this industry moves so fast in terms of treatment ideas, procedures/products you want someone at the front of the game and not some dinosaur in a white coat with his head such in the past using the same old techniques for 20 years. Trust me here, Iim the one with the dodgy ears... I was very pleased with my surgeon as I believe him to be a perfectionist with very high standards and excellent results. He specialises mainly in facial and I think breast treatment/procedures. I liked the look of his before/after photos, some are just breathtaking in what he's managed to achieve.