Size of a Football - Brooklyn, NY

Well, I just had a lipoma removed from my inner...

Well, I just had a lipoma removed from my inner thigh. I really should have done this sooner. It was 11" long by 6" wide and 4" deep, and was compressing my muscle. I did have general anastesia and needed to stay over night due to pain. At this time I still have a drain in my leg. I was thinking of not having it done because it really wasnt that painful, but was worried about it still growing.

Im still out of work and will probably need at least another week or 2, mostly due to drainage. After 3 days it's more sore than painful, at this point advil work just fine. I guess I at least have a clear mind now as to possible cancer problems and this makes it all worth it as far as Im concerned.

i am at home recupertaing from a post trauma lipoma excision. It was, like yours, huge. Big as a grapefruit in the middle, with both ends extending to the front and back of my thigh. The incision is 12 inches long.And I got rid of the drain in 4 days. The first days seemed better than these past few. Leg now more swollen, and very hard and red. Seems to come and go. Going to work today for 2 hours (office). Looking forward to this new leg. I was hit in the leg with a basball at a game when I was 11. I am now 48. It has always been there since the injury, but much smaller. 16 years ago, when I married, you could barely see it. it weighed now more than a pound.
I had a lipoma removed from the left side of my ribcage last year. The doctor, who was general surgeon, missed it the first time and had to go back and remove it the second time. I was left with 2 9 inch scars on my side. He wouldn't go through the first scar he created and he butchered me. He didn;t offer any pain meds as well. So this year, after dealing with pain and restriction of movement, I was having a tummy tuck done so I had my PS do scar revision on them and they look so much better. Had I known that i could have gone to a PS for a lipoma removal I would have had them do it. I notice that they put JP drains in...great idea...I wish my doctor would have done that last year when he initially removed it.

That is a large scar but since a PS did it, it will heal nicely. Good luck in your healing...:).

Wow, that was a big lipoma. It must feel great just having it out. How are you doing with your recovery?

Russell Berman

He just made you feel at ease and explained everything clearly.