So Far So Good - Brooklyn, NY

I'm 41 and have crowded teeth on both upper...

I'm 41 and have crowded teeth on both upper and lower. I thought my lower teeth were so crowded I wouldnt be a candidate but I just thought I'd give it a try. Went to the dentist, he said I was a candidate and the same day I had xrays, an exam and molds taken.

The dentist recommended to me to have a deep cleaning to get my teeth in good health before I start the program. Cost was about $800 but in reality, it really was needed.

So the invisaligns came in and so far the experience has been good. A few things. I do lisp a little bit. I also have dry mouth and my lips are dry. One thing that the dentist said that was unusual is that it seems the computer cutting of the braces is a little bit off at the top of my teeth and in the back, which rubbed against my gums causing a lot of pain. He did some minor adjustments to the braces and they are more comfortable and contacted Invisalign to request new sets made (at no extra cost). I know this may sound bad but really, I have a great dentist and he has fixed the problem with little hassle.

I also had "buds" attached to my teeth. Eh, the glue tasted vile, but im a grown up and the procedure was over in a few minutes... And its worth it. At first its really hard to get them out. You may get frustrated, but once you get the hang of it, its not a big deal.

I am on my 5th set, 23 in total. I have noticed that my teeth have already moved and I think its totally worth it. Just think, you could potentially have straight teeth in about a year and while you are going through the process people dont really notice and you dont have many annoyances. Its something in your mouth... you have to get used to it. I am sooooo glad this technology came out. Conventional braces are out of the question for me, aesthetically speaking.

Get Invisalign!

Dr. Gary Herskovitz

Excellent experienced doctor who is friendly, his staff is friendly. He is helpful and answers a lot of questions. Im happy to have him as my dentist.

UPDATE:
Hey hey. I'm currently on 19 of 23 and the changes are extraordinary! I simply cannot believe the change to my smile, my attitude about smiling, feeling great about my teeth. A few things the dentist did to reduce crowding were to thin my teeth because they did f teeth it was only about .5mm for each tooth but apparently that's all that needed to be done. Recently they attached tooth colored "dots" to my top front teeth which is a bit of a drag -however its necessary and I only have 10 weeks left in my treatment. My treatment will finish off with the dentist removing all dots, reshaping some teeth that were worn down due to their extreme angles, deep cleaned and then a free zoom whitening ($1000 value whitening)
Folks, if you can afford this then by all means do it. It has changed my confidence in great ways. I just feel better. Cheers!

19 of 23? Oh my gosh, you are almost done!! You must be so excited!!

That is really cool that they are going to give you a free Zoom whitening after you are all done. I'm not sure if your dentist has already discussed it with you, but some people have reported having sensitivity from getting Zoom done. You can click here to read a Q&A where 7 dentists give some tips on what you can do beforehand to help reduce sensitivity. Hope it helps :)

5 of 23 is not bad, especially since you have already seen movement, which is awesome. You should check out what Happy go lucky DK said about dry mouth, it should help a lot.

Thanks so much for the review!