So Far So Good - Brooklyn, NY

I'm 41 and have crowded teeth on both upper...

I'm 41 and have crowded teeth on both upper and lower. I thought my lower teeth were so crowded I wouldnt be a candidate but I just thought I'd give it a try. Went to the dentist, he said I was a candidate and the same day I had xrays, an exam and molds taken.

The dentist recommended to me to have a deep cleaning to get my teeth in good health before I start the program. Cost was about $800 but in reality, it really was needed.

So the invisaligns came in and so far the experience has been good. A few things. I do lisp a little bit. I also have dry mouth and my lips are dry. One thing that the dentist said that was unusual is that it seems the computer cutting of the braces is a little bit off at the top of my teeth and in the back, which rubbed against my gums causing a lot of pain. He did some minor adjustments to the braces and they are more comfortable and contacted Invisalign to request new sets made (at no extra cost). I know this may sound bad but really, I have a great dentist and he has fixed the problem with little hassle.

I also had "buds" attached to my teeth. Eh, the glue tasted vile, but im a grown up and the procedure was over in a few minutes... And its worth it. At first its really hard to get them out. You may get frustrated, but once you get the hang of it, its not a big deal.

I am on my 5th set, 23 in total. I have noticed that my teeth have already moved and I think its totally worth it. Just think, you could potentially have straight teeth in about a year and while you are going through the process people dont really notice and you dont have many annoyances. Its something in your mouth... you have to get used to it. I am sooooo glad this technology came out. Conventional braces are out of the question for me, aesthetically speaking.

Get Invisalign!

Dr. Gary Herskovitz

Excellent experienced doctor who is friendly, his staff is friendly. He is helpful and answers a lot of questions. Im happy to have him as my dentist.