An Operation To Steer Clear Of! - Brookline, MA

Dealing with Dr. Edwin Ishoo was a poor experience...

Dealing with Dr. Edwin Ishoo was a poor experience overall.
Though proceedings were fine and amicable pre-surgery, and the results of the surgery were satisfactory, the post-surgery procedures were a nightmare.

Dr. Ishoo has two offices, one in Marshfield, one in Brookline. He seems to have an extraordinarily packed schedule, and will cram post-op appointments in wherever is more well suited to him. My post-op appointments were rescheduled several times, often at a moment's notice. Not only this, several times he was up to 45 minutes late to the appointments, leaving me locked outside his office in the cold.

Due to the nature of my surgery, and the fact that I too have a busy schedule, I was forced to miss several critical post-surgery appointments, which threw my recovery off track. This delayed healing, caused additional unnecessary scarring, and cost me a heck of a lot of time, convenience, and peace of mind to boot.

However, the worst is yet to come. I paid for the surgery in advance with an American Express credit card. Because of a blip in AmEx billing records, the card company withheld its payment to Ishoo by seven days, presumably notifying him of this delay. Dr. Ishoo did not take this well at all.

During one of my post-op visits, I was lying on the table as usual, and Ishoo walks in holding a long needle menacingly. He angrily spat "this is the most despicable lowlife thing that's ever been done to me", and "I will have to press charges against you".

These are two quotes burned into my mind due to the striking circumstance and the fact that being sued as a college student would severely damage my academic career. Startled, I asked him why he was saying these things to me. He referred to the delay in payment as the reason. I explained to him that this is a routine proceeding and he will receive his funds shortly, which, luckily, calmed him down. I deem his behavior and reactions completely unacceptable, and his bedside manner atrocious.

I strongly recommend that you do not deal with this unprofessional and shady surgeon.
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Didn't Dr Ishoo skip town in the spring? He operated on me in December and I never saw him again. I reported him to the Massachusetts medical board. His office was closed and his web site was taken down. I am shocked to see a review about him dated in August of 2014.
Can I ask what you had done in December?
I'm all for criticism but this doesn't make sense. You had a successful procedure with good results 2 years ago and you are posting now? why? I had a couple of procedure with him and yes I had to wait sometimes, but they saw me everyday and even on weekends. I know they didn't take AmEx, because I tried so I don't understand what you are saying. Especially since the only reason why a credit card company would hold the money is if you told them to. You (a college student)explained to him (a business owner) that "this is a routine proceeding", really? do you do this routinely to every one you get services from? Sounds like you were trying to be shady and stiff him. Its routine that this practice charged 2 weeks in advance, so you must have tried to reverse it after the procedure. The only shady here is that your story from 2 years ago doesn't make sense.
Just my two cents, but I don't know why anyone would be this incredulous about a review unless they worked at the doctor's office. This sounds very much like a fake reply. @Unhappyphant, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.
Hi Jessie, which part of my comment did you disagree with?
I don't know any of the details of this woman's surgery so do not have any input as to what is true or false. I only doubt the intensity with which you are dissecting her review, and the motives behind it.
Thats interesting. How do you know its a woman? thats really interesting. This is obviously a fake. I took issue with the fact that this person says they had a good result, it was TWO years ago, and that there was an issue with the American Express which as a patient I know they didn't take. Seem like you know a lot about her and you are defending someone whom you claim don't know anything about. The details of the surgery according to the writer "proceedings were fine and amicable pre-surgery, and the results of the surgery were satisfactory". So I repeat my question, which part of my comment did you disagree with?