30 Yrs Old, Single, and a Much Needed Chin Reduction. - Lynn, MA

I know I'm a handsome guy. I have self esteem, but...

I know I'm a handsome guy. I have self esteem, but I'm still self conscious, mostly about the huge lump that protrudes from the bottom of my jaw. Am I talking about a chin? Ahh yeah! Its a chin and then some. Its too much chin and needs to be significantly reduced and repositioned. To some people my chin may look normal, but to others including myself, Its definitely abnormal. A minor deformity that can be fixed by the right maxillofacial surgeon. Since I am so self conscious about it, I feel it may be affecting my love life regardless of the fact that I am still very handsome. I have a small mouth but a large chin that is wide, long, and extremely prominent, and most of all not in proportion with my mouth. In my opinion my chin should not be the most prominent feature on my face. It shouldn't be the first thing you notice when you look at me. I've been doing a lot of research on how chin reductions are done. I've seen real operations on you tube, and Lots of before and after pictures. I can't wait to hit the Mass cash numbers so I can get this done while I am still young. I dunno why I didn't think of this about 8 years ago. I could've saved enough to get it done by now.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! You ARE a handsome guy and from that photo I can't see an overly large chin, just a masculine one. Do you have a side photo you can post as well? I'll be checking back for your updates as you progress through this journey.

30 Yrs Old, Single, and a Much Needed Chin Reduction. - Lynn, MA

Good luck! Look forward to seeing the successful reduction.
I don't see anything wrong with your chin it may be more meaty like mine if you have more flesh there, but I dunno how reduction would help
It's not as meaty as it may look to you. What looks like flesh to you is actually excess bone. A reduction would help because the surgeon would remove "hopefully" enough of the excess bone from my chin to significantly reduce the prominence and overall size of my chin. This is more than just a sliding procedure. This is a "grinding away of excess bone" procedure.

I have not had the operation done yet. I am planning on seeing Adam Orden DDS, MS based out of Brookline, MA which is right outside of Boston, MA.