Is Lapband the Thing for Me...- Bronx, NY

I am 24 years old i weigh around 300 lbs im really...

i am 24 years old i weigh around 300 lbs im really thinking about taking a break from school right now .. im not feeling well to the point im missing classes already i can't afford to fail and lose my fasfa because i keep getting sick ..its to the point that i may have talk about getting the lapband a little sooner because its getting bad to the point i can't shake off headaches and my left shoulder has been killing me and is tight in which i have been trying to put hot !! cloth on it to make the tightness go down .. its not working ..im scared if i dont do something now i am going to die point blank i have to be real with my self ..my parents got weight surgery my dad got the lapband and my mother got the ganstic bypass my mother is sick with a iron defult and my dad got his lapband removed because it didnt work for him. but i think because they were older and already was set in thier bad eatting habits it didnt work my motheron the other hand has lost a little weight but not like she should have lost more but fail to complete the doctor appointments. so it failed for them but i am worry that i may fail it as well because i love food i cant help it when i am upset and just depression i eat and when i have money i eat because i cant afford to buy clothes or nice stuff because it cost alot of money ..

Today i talked with my auntie and i am going to...

today i talked with my auntie and i am going to get the lapband i will be going to the doctor and start the steps on april 23 im sooo scared but super happy i got my mom to go with me and i talked to my boyfriend and he is very supportive of me and we are going to wait to have a baby .. after i heal and next year i will be getting married yay and maybe see what life has in store for me i have been talking to girls who have the lapband and they look amazing so i am soooo hype and thank you too all have comment on my blog and gave me wise words and made me really think and had people who cared and dont even know me and that made me feel even better about it all .. i will update it on my lapband date and i will put pictures up for you guys ...

TINA!!! I am so happy you have made this decision for yourself!!! And that's exciting that your loved ones are supportive. You are still young and have plenty of time to have babies. Your baby will be so much healthier having a healthier mommy! After you lose some weight it will be so much easier to get down on the ground with your little one and to carry him/her around, not to mention your healthier mental health! A happy you makes for a happy baby! If you need ANYTHING please do not hesitate to contact me; you have my email already. You CAN do this and you WILL get healthy...in a healthy way! Keep us posted on your surgery date. I'm excited for you!
Oh Tina....I would LOVE to talk. To you more about this but I don't have time to write my whole story. Short version...I got the lapband in Nov 2011, at 246 lbs, I am now 156lbs....THANKS TO MY BAND!!! With the band you do have to do your part & that is why it fails some people. Unlike the bypass you still have to watch what you eat (portions mostly) & you do have to excersize. Being so young I think the band would be great for you bcuz if you use it as the tool it is, it helps you make the lifestyle changes you need to make to live a healthier life...for the rest of your life!! I recently did a commercial for my lapband docs...here's the link to the rough draft... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5X1zvyNKw&feature=youtu.be Please don't be discouraged...there is hope!! The lapband does work!!! I AM PROOF!! If you have any specific questions about it you can email me... accox4@gmail.com I will try to write a more specific testimony tonight & post it in this forum & I'll let you know when I do. I understand that sometimes you have to work on your weight FIRST before you can work on some of the emotional/psych stuff....for me, the emotional/psych stuff stemmed a lot from my weight issues & it was a vicious cycle. Hang in there!! And PLEASE feel free to contact me!
Hi sweet girl! Don't give up, you sound exactly like me! I was 300 pounds at my biggest, now I'm 190. I think you can do it all naturally, just like I did. If you need any support, diet or workout tips, feel free to ask!
Thank u and i would love to know how u did it ..and totally that's amazing ..Emma congrats
Working out and eating right. Working out is just to boost your healthy eating...... Diet is soooooooo very important!!
Tina you have nothing to loose to get this done. If you don't you have everything to loose. I made my mind up and i will have surgery in 2 weeks. Iam so exciting i can't wait for April 8. You can do this just because it didn't work for Mother and Father it doesn't mean that it won't work for you. This can be why it will work for you because you know why they were not sucessful.
Tina, I just want to send a hug to you. I was 297 pounds at my highest. It sounds like you are aware of the biggest problem with the surgeries is if you don't change your thinking, then it still won't fix you. Please keep reading after this sentence - I would really encourage you to work on the emotional issues, depression, childhood issues (if there are any), self-esteem, etc. before deciding on surgery. I'm not saying you shouldn't but that would be my worry that you have already identified. As I said, I was 297 pounds and severely overweight for over 25 years (I am 39 now). I am 155 pounds today and awaiting surgery to remove extra skin but have maintained this weight for 6 months. I hired a trainer and with his help, I changed my thinking and now my whole life is much better - not because I lost the weight, but because I changed my thinking. If you would like me to send you some of the things I did, feel free to contact me. I just don't want to post a full-page if you already stopped reading at this point :) Take care! It does get better!
Thank u soon much winny and Kelly i totally though about it and im not going to have the lapband cause its silly ... my boyfriend and i started going to the gym and try to eat healthy but when ever i eat something i cut everything in half ...n still having trouble with keeping weight off but i starting seeking counseling and i feel better each day ...thank u guys this made me happy that people read and cared to comment...god bless hugs and kisses