Upper/lower Eyelid Surgery - British Columbia, Canada

I appreciate all the contributions to the answer...

I appreciate all the contributions to the answer part of the ""chemosis "' problem .

I just want to say that,(at least in my case) this condition is an affliction far beyond what could be described as ""annoying"'. This is more like TORTURE and I feel almost suicidal over it.

IT has been extremely painful for 6 weeks now and when some answers on this site say it may take about 3 months to resolve it ,..I think I will be truly crazy by then .. I feel like I can't deal with the pain for one more minute let alone 6 more weeks

IF you can imagine small pieces of glass in both your eyes,
and your eyeballs covered with what look like big blisters
and your eyeballs squeezed out of shape and bulging
and you not being able to focus your vision
and you not being able to do a thing about it and living like that for 6 WEEKS
and seeing no lessening of the problem .....
and then reading that it might be another 6 weeks before it abates
then just maybe you could get the tiniest bit of understanding about how terrible this is .

I had breast cancer last year and all the accompanying surgery and radiation and honestly that was a walk in the park compared to the pain in my eyes that has been so terrible now for over 6 weeks and showing no sign of getting any better.

If this happened to everyone who had eye surgery I swear NO ONE would ever have this done .

I had a highly respected doctor and I have since seen 2 other eye specialists and although they all say it will go away in time , I can guaranteee that none of them can imagine how bad this feels.

My doctor is highly respected in the city I live in yet still bad things can happen. It is not his fault but it is still an awful thing to have to go through

I read your review of your doc....how do you figure it is not his fault????
I also had severe chemosis. It was so severe that I went to an opthomologist too. Actually I saw several before I saw one that properly recognised and diagnosed my problem. He diagnosed conjuntival chalalsis. This is where there is redundant conjunctiva after a bleph. If the bleph causes retraction of the lids (as mine did) the conjunctiva is then exposed. It is constantly irritated hence the chemosis. I could literally see conjunctiva bulging over my lower lid and in the lateral canthal area, particularly after a shower. Use eye drops. I have since had hard palate grafting which has lifted the lower lids, no more exposure and less chemosis. I still occasionally use eye drops. I know the pain is excrutiating!!!!
OMG that sounds even worse.

I don't quite understand the things you are saying as to whether or not mine are doing the same thing. If you click on my 4 photos they come up larger and if you can stand looking at them ,..perhaps you could tell me if that is similar to what you are talking about

Thanks
Bonnie
I'll pray for you!
I am so sorry you are experiencing chemosis. I read that this is actually more common than the doctors let you know. I had upper/lower bleph done about 10 weeks ago. I had issues with dry eyes and blurry vision that were ignored by my ps. I finally went to an opthamologist that diagnosed dry eye and told me that I must use drops. I wear contacts and this has been challenging. I do not feel that I was informed enough prior to the surgery of the risks involved. I still have some swelling at 10 weeks and a little bag under my right eye. My eyes get dry if I wear my contacts more than 8 hours and feel like something in the eye. I can only imagine your pain with chemosis. Even one day is too long with that issue. I will pray for a speedy resolution to your condition. Hang in there!!
Thanks for the moral support. Good luck with your recovery too