Recently Reduced - British Columbia

I'm 19 years old and just recently had my...

I'm 19 years old and just recently had my breast reduction on January 3rd! I was a 34DD and was hoping to go down to a C - cup. I had never been able to fit in the cute tops that all my friends could and my size was starting to hurt my back.

When I went into my consultation, my surgeon was very quick with me in answering questions and explaining everything. He had asked me what size I wanted to go down to after he had already marked me up? I don't know if thats normal? But like I said he was very quick with everything it was almost uncomfortable. But I had been on the waiting list since I was 16 and wasn't about to turn it down.

After the surgery I just slept for 2 days waking up every 4-6 hours to talk my pain killers. After 3 days I attempted to have a shower and almost passed out a couple times. It was a long process, but it got easier the second time I did it. I took my tape off a couple days ago because it wasn't coming off on its own. I just genetly peeled it off after a shower.

I'm not sure what to think. I don't feel as though I'm that much smaller... They were really swollen and yellow a couple days after the surgery and they have gone down quite a bit but I still feel really big.. and almost as though they are saggier now that the swelling has gone down. My nipples look too low to me and I have small "dog ears" (fat pouches on the end of scars) along my bottom scars.

My nipples aren't symmetrical and the scar under my left breast is on the crease but the scar on the right is above the crease. I'm not sure what to think. I don't want to go through with another surgery and I think that's the only way to correct the problems... or maybe they're still swollen and thats why they're so big? I don't know.

For the past week I've been rubbing Bio-Oil along...

For the past week I've been rubbing Bio-Oil along the my scars, and I don't know if its all in my head...but I actually feel like its been helping! I'm starting to like them a little more ..although the symmetry of my nipples is still bothering me...

Hopefully they even out a little more. I know they could possibly still be pretty swollen. (Although I don't know if I want them to decrease much more because I'm afraid they'll start to sag).

I just started hot yoga again. Some stretches I can't do- but it feels good to do some type of exercise since I can't run yet. Has anyone else done yoga after their surgeries? I don't know if its safe to do it or not I just assumed since my incisions aren't open anymore that it was okay to start going again.

Love them!!!!! Ive been massaging the scars a...

Love them!!!!! Ive been massaging the scars a little and I think its helping. They're still slightly bigger than what I was hoping but they have evened out a lot and I am so happy with my decision!!!! I look so much better in all my clothes. I went bra shopping a couple weeks ago and I'm officially a 34C! I almost cried I was so happy

You look fantastic! Did the dog ears go down? I just had surgery 2 weeks ago and I also have those "dog ears" at the end of the scars under my breasts.
Hey, how's it going? Any changes since early March in size and shape? I'd love to see recent pics if you have them :P
Hey Girlie, you look great, I'm a 34 ddd and currently waiting t hear from my PS. I'm hoping to go down to a 34 c as well. How long before you went back to hot yoga? I'm currently doing ho yoga 3x's a week and the gym 2days a week. I'm afraid of the down time during recovery as I don't want to gain weight. Again congrats on your new boobs. I hope to be joining the C club soon
Congrats fellow British Columbian! I'm 17 and am a 34E and I'm thinking about having the surgery, but I'm terrified of the thought of surgery and of the story's I've heard of things going wrong (oddities of breast appearance). I have a hard time exercising, I never look good in tops, and it's expensive for me to buy bras. I'm still in high school and it really packs a punch at my self-confidence. But, I kinda feel attache d to them (pardon the pun) Was it worth it totally? Would you recommend it?
I have to agree with all the others -- you look GREAT!!
Congratulations, you look great!!! I had my surgery on March 2. I can tell a huge difference, however, I am cannot wait for the swelling to go down so that I can bra shop.
So happy for you!
WOW! You have healed gorgeously!! I can't believe the lovely, natural shape your breasts have fallen into. I think they are the perfect size for your body, and your nipples are in the perfect place.
I totally agree with Aimee :)
How are you feeling these days?
are you in bc? what surgeon did you use? im scheduled for the 24 with dr ukani in port moody
I went to Dr. Jacoby
Hey Nicole, you're looking good!!!!
A few words of encouragement: a lot of surgeons say that post-op the breasts look more downward pointing than expected but to rest assure that it takes time for them to reach their final shape. According to others who have had reductions, they soften up (yours still look on the harder side), and "bottom out" (taking on a tear drop shape). It takes longer for some people than others. That said, I think they look natural and beautiful and very proportional.

Have the "Dog ears" healed? They seem to have disappeared in the photos.

xo
Oh, forgot to mention that apparently massaging the breasts daily helps them to take on their final shape and reduce scarring.... Kimmers has some info on how to massage them (in circular motion).
Nicole U Look GREATTTTTT!!!!! What size bra are you wearing now?
Hi Nicole. I personally think you look great. You are probably seeing little things that we can't see in the pictures, but usually as the swelling goes down, some of the imprefections smooth out too. I hope that is the case for you. You are still pretty early in your recovery. I would encourage you to use caution with the amount of stretching you do. My PS didn't want me doing much lifting or stretching for at least 6 weeks post-op. I am six months post op now and I've got to admit that stretching and doing a sit up are soooo much easier than it had been :-)
Good luck with your continued recovery!
I LOVE hot yoga, I look forward to doing it with smaller breasts and being able to actually lay on my stomach for certain poses. I think your shape is absolutely perfect, I'm not even being funny, I would love for my shape to come out like that. Anyhow, take care of yourself:)
Hi! I'm in Canada too, but on the opposite end (Montreal). I was wondering how you found a surgeon who worked with medicare coverage? I have found one so far, and am scheduled for surgery with him very soon. I recently saw photos of his work though, and wasn't that impressed.... however I have no idea how to find other surgeons. Nearly every one I called only works privately....

Sending good energy your way so that you find happiness and satisfaction with your new boobs! My mom's best friend had the surgery and she said it took many months for things to "settle in" to their final shape....
I had just gone to my family doctor and asked for a referral to a plastic surgeon. Maybe if you go back to your doctor and ask him to refer you to a different surgeon he would do so for you. My mom has had a lot of surgeries done and our doctor has done this for her. Thanks for the good energy! Some days I love them and other days they're hard to look at. Good luck with yours!!!
Hi Nicole, I'm sorry that you feel the way you do right now about your results and this may not mean much but I think you look awesome. Great shape and size in my opinion and you're probably still a bit swollen, I've read that women stay swollen for months sometimes, so try to hang in there honey and take good care of yourself:)
Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like in a couple months hopefully they even out a little.